Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Huddersfield Town

+11
Moses Gate
observer
karlypants
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Alf Hooker
Jack Russell
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I heard from a Huddersfield fan today who can't get a ticket as they've only been given 2,000 which have all been sold.

Clearly all the cash flow worries are in the past.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's crazy! We should be giving them as many tickets as they can sell because we need the money too badly to leave any potentially filled seat empty. I can only assume it's got something to do with policing and steward costs, perhaps there's some sort of ratio we have to maintain between number of fans in attendance and stewards on duty. Even if I'm right it seems to me we're cutting off our nose to spite our own face by leaving fans who want a ticket unable to get one. If nothing else the gate receipts and the money we'd get from programme/food and drink/other sales should more than offset the cost of a few bodies in hi-viz jackets standing around and it's not like Huddersfield have some sort of 'hooligan' reputation that says we need to worry about the Macron being torn apart if they lose. This is a terrible call in both a business and footballing sense.

They asked for another 500 but we said no apparently.

It's in the paper.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Must win game this - not just for the points but for the psychological lift it would give the players that may be enough to motivate them to go on a run.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:That's crazy! We should be giving them as many tickets as they can sell because we need the money too badly to leave any potentially filled seat empty. I can only assume it's got something to do with policing and steward costs, perhaps there's some sort of ratio we have to maintain between number of fans in attendance and stewards on duty. Even if I'm right it seems to me we're cutting off our nose to spite our own face by leaving fans who want a ticket unable to get one. If nothing else the gate receipts and the money we'd get from programme/food and drink/other sales should more than offset the cost of a few bodies in hi-viz jackets standing around and it's not like Huddersfield have some sort of 'hooligan' reputation that says we need to worry about the Macron being torn apart if they lose. This is a terrible call in both a business and footballing sense.

I only hope there is a good reason for it.

Can you imagine if the national press got hold of it? Club that can't pay its players turning away ticket sales?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Lennon doesn't pick the same team as Monday, he's taking the piss.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

luckyPeterpiper wrote: :agree: That's crazy! We should be giving them as many tickets as they can sell because we need the money too badly to leave any potentially filled seat empty. I can only assume it's got something to do with policing and steward costs, perhaps there's some sort of ratio we have to maintain between number of fans in attendance and stewards on duty. Even if I'm right it seems to me we're cutting off our nose to spite our own face by leaving fans who want a ticket unable to get one. If nothing else the gate receipts and the money we'd get from programme/food and drink/other sales should more than offset the cost of a few bodies in hi-viz jackets standing around and it's not like Huddersfield have some sort of 'hooligan' reputation that says we need to worry about the Macron being torn apart if they lose. This is a terrible call in both a business and footballing sense.

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

luckyPeterpiper wrote:That's crazy! We should be giving them as many tickets as they can sell because we need the money too badly to leave any potentially filled seat empty. I can only assume it's got something to do with policing and steward costs, perhaps there's some sort of ratio we have to maintain between number of fans in attendance and stewards on duty. Even if I'm right it seems to me we're cutting off our nose to spite our own face by leaving fans who want a ticket unable to get one. If nothing else the gate receipts and the money we'd get from programme/food and drink/other sales should more than offset the cost of a few bodies in hi-viz jackets standing around and it's not like Huddersfield have some sort of 'hooligan' reputation that says we need to worry about the Macron being torn apart if they lose. This is a terrible call in both a business and footballing sense.

and they wonder why they are in the shit they are....
 a fucking circus run by clowns...
  - you really couldn't make it up.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That Riggins 44 is a right cock Smile 

He was told at least 3 times that the reason extra tickets were not issued was probably due to the additional costs exceeding the additional income therefore it was an excellent and well informed decision by BWFC.

However, no proof that this was the case was provided so nobody knows if it was a crap decision or a brilliant decision.

But not knowing the facts didn't prevent some folk wading in anyway.

He just likes arguing with strangers, I reckon.

Sad bastard.......

(He's right about ED & Gartside though.)

But he did take the time and effort to pluck some figures out of the air to make it seem like his rant had some factual basis and his sums did all add up (eventually when I he admitted defeat and used a calculator), so his argument was quite convincing.....

...if completely spurious and made-up.  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

D-Day for the great escape!
We could consolidate by building on our run of "1 in a row" (and I don't mean by getting 1 in two rows!) filling the team with confidence and daring the fans to dream of survival.
Or we could go back to bad ways, failing to get the win and the points and strangling the great escape at birth.
I'm excited.

#thegreatwhitehope

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Don't have a clue what will happen today. It's a massive game and if we can get a win everyone will start to believe we have a chance to get out of the bottom three. Although we put on a better showing against Blackburn we are so unpredictable. Keeping Wells under wraps is key so if we can do that we have a real chance. Don't want to get carried away with the rovers result because let's face it, they were toothless on the day and Rhodes was starved of service. On the whole though I'm quietly confident. 

COYWM!!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:

and they wonder why they are in the shit they are....
 a fucking circus run by clowns...
  - you really couldn't make it up.

A circus run by clowns would actually be a good circus .

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live guys! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now back to the tiling!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Happy New Year everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:D-Day for the great escape!
We could consolidate by building on our run of "1 in a row" (and I don't mean by getting 1 in two rows!) filling the team with confidence and daring the fans to dream of survival.
Or we could go back to bad ways, failing to get the win and the points and strangling the great escape at birth.
I'm excited.

#thegreatwhitehope

That will be b) then.

What will the reaction be?

Doesn't really matter what the reaction is, does it?

If Lennon was going, he'd be gone by now.

No take-over happening so we've hit an impasse until the HMRC hearing on the 18th when we go into Administration.

Anybody with a saleable value will go and we'll be left with the kids and the shit nobody else wants.

We then stay rooted at the bottom of the table after the points deduction and the inevitable then happens and we go down.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Back to reality... League One awaits unless we find a buyer in the next 30 days who can afford a striker.

Reality bites friends!  Thought we would achieve a brace, but alas, one shot on target all day and we rue the chances we had in the first half.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least we'll have a top stadium in League 1, every team will be loving playing there.

scottjames30 wrote:At least we'll have a top stadium in League 1, every team will be loving playing there.

That's if the club still owns it after the HMRC-enforced administration process.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum