Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

when was the last time you did something for the first time?

+3
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I decided to try something different this year, and friends gave me many suggestions, some helpful...take up fencing (the thing with the swords not the latchlap), learn a new language, take a stained glass course, study Greek mythology....and many many more, some less helpful such as win Wimbledon.

After much thought, I have signed up to a course of drum lessons. I can't play any instruments, am tone deaf, but maybe this will help me feel more musical, give some exercise, let me vent some frustration on the drums, and do something totally different.

So guys and gals, when was the last time you did something for the first time, what was it, and how did it work out for you?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

After reading this post and racking my brains I can't actually remember the last time I tried something new. I need to get off my arse and do something about it I think. Definitely won't be studying Greek mythology though. There's more chance of me winning Wimbledon than that. Learning a new language appeals to me, so maybe I'll try that. Maybe.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's only a little thing but i signed up to donate £5 a month to the NSPCC today,it's the first time i've done this as i would just donate in other ways in the past and have always been wary of people asking for my bank details while out shopping or on my doorstep.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i always wanted to play the drums Manda, i'm very jealous. Have you warned your neighbours yet?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About 20 minutes ago I booked flights for me and the missus to go to South Africa next month. Never been to South Africa before despite my Auntie and cousins emigrating there from Bolton in the 1960s.
To my shame, they have visited here many times and one cousin lived here for 10 or so years but I've never been to see them. My cousin's daughters are 23 and 20 and I've only ever spoken to one of them via Skype. Worryingly, they've planned our itinerary already. With my Auntie living in Joburg we'll be visiting the Kruger for a few days. Then a flight down to Capetown to see my older cousin, diving with Great Whites (in a cage apparently) and my favourite bit, touring Stellenbosch and Paarl. Then a drive up the Garden Route and a flight from Port Elizabeth to Durban to see younger cousin who just sent me a whatsapp pic of her glass of wine in the garden where it's currently 27 degrees. Oh how we laughed! No skiing this year, but at least I'll get this monkey off my back.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:About 20 minutes ago I booked flights for me and the missus to go to South Africa next month. Never been to South Africa before despite my Auntie and cousins emigrating there from Bolton in the 1960s.
To my shame, they have visited here many times and one cousin lived here for 10 or so years but I've never been to see them. My cousin's daughters are 23 and 20 and I've only ever spoken to one of them via Skype. Worryingly, they've planned our itinerary already. With my Auntie living in Joburg we'll be visiting the Kruger for a few days. Then a flight down to Capetown to see my older cousin, diving with Great Whites (in a cage apparently) and my favourite bit, touring Stellenbosch and Paarl. Then a drive up the Garden Route and a flight from Port Elizabeth to Durban to see younger cousin who just sent me a whatsapp pic of her glass of wine in the garden where it's currently 27 degrees. Oh how we laughed! No skiing this year, but at least I'll get this monkey off my back.

You will thoroughly enjoy it Wander. Kruger Park is a must.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About 20 minutes ago I was wrong on the internet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum