Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Complains About a Peedo Killer?

+7
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A woman who stabbed a paedophile to death in east London has had her three-and-a-half-year jail sentence more than doubled after 30 members of the public complained about its original length.

Sarah Sands, 32, was found guilty of the manslaughter of Michael Pleasted, 77, after learning he had been charged with sexually assaulting young boys.

I think most people would agree that this woman did the children of this world a big favour. While I'm not condoning vigilante killings what sort of person goes out of their way to complain that a sentence is too light for a peedo killer? I genuinely despair for the future of mankind.

Am I right, or should peedo killers be treated just like any other killer?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:A woman who stabbed a paedophile to death in east London has had her three-and-a-half-year jail sentence more than doubled after 30 members of the public complained about its original length.

Sarah Sands, 32, was found guilty of the manslaughter of Michael Pleasted, 77, after learning he had been charged with sexually assaulting young boys.

I think most people would agree that this woman did the children of this world a big favour. While I'm not condoning vigilante killings what sort of person goes out of their way to complain that a sentence is too light for a peedo killer? I genuinely despair for the future of mankind.

Charged and convicted are two very different things Nat. I'm sorry but I think she got off lightly with manslaughter. It's obvious she intended to kill him and that makes it murder. I don't have any time for 'vigilante' justice and frankly she deserved what she got and more. Who is she to decide who lives or dies? Especially when her victim has NOT been found guilty of any crime? 

I remember a few years ago when the News of The World decided to 'name and shame' convicted paedophiles and a mob attacked a woman's house because they couldn't tell the difference between a paedophile and a Paediatrician. 

We have a rule of law in this country and it's for a jury to decided whether or not this man committed the crimes he was charged with and a judge to determine his sentence if he was convicted, not some random person who thinks they can take justice into their own hands when they feel like it.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Of course it is ok too complain.  If it's the wrong sentence then she deserves longer.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:A woman who stabbed a paedophile to death in east London has had her three-and-a-half-year jail sentence more than doubled after 30 members of the public complained about its original length.

Charged and convicted are two very different things Nat. I'm sorry but I think she got off lightly with manslaughter. It's obvious she intended to kill him and that makes it murder. I don't have any time for 'vigilante' justice and frankly she deserved what she got and more. Who is she to decide who lives or dies? Especially when her victim has NOT been found guilty of any crime? 

I remember a few years ago when the News of The World decided to 'name and shame' convicted paedophiles and a mob attacked a woman's house because they couldn't tell the difference between a paedophile and a Paediatrician. 

We have a rule of law in this country and it's for a jury to decided whether or not this man committed the crimes he was charged with and a judge to determine his sentence if he was convicted, not some random person who thinks they can take justice into their own hands when they feel like it.

Totally agree. It is up to the Judges and the magistrates to administer punishment, not the general public.

Reebok Trotter wrote:Totally agree. It is up to the Judges and the magistrates to administer punishment, not the general public.

The judges and magistrates did administer punishment, it wasn't the public who doubled her sentence.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whoosh

We've done this before.

More than once.....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread was actually more about what sort of person has it in them to complain about a peedo killer. There were more complaints about this case than the majority of child killings.

Why?

This was a peedo, surely his life is worth less than your average non-peedo?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's something called the law, this woman should be jailed for life IMO.

Simply because of the moronic nature of vigilante "justice" and of course the urm, murder.

10Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 21:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:This thread was actually more about what sort of person has it in them to complain about a peedo killer. There were more complaints about this case than the majority of child killings.

Why?

This was a peedo, surely his life is worth less than your average non-peedo

What's a peedo?

11Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 21:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:There's something called the law, this woman should be jailed for life IMO.

Simply because of the moronic nature of vigilante "justice" and of course the urm, murder.

If you had children and this guy lived next door would you feel the same?

The answer is no.

12Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 21:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:There's something called the law, this woman should be jailed for life IMO.

The answer is no.

Surely the first step would be try to get him evicted/moved away from children? Not bash his skull in

13Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 21:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The answer is no.
Wrong Nat. At least in my case. Sure I wouldn't be happy about it but I wouldn't take the law into my own hands or condone someone else doing it either. Frankly the very idea that someone should get away with murder because the victim had a past record of any kind of crime is anathema to me. 

The British Justice System is far from perfect and I admit it sometimes doles out sentences that baffle me but I'll take that flawed but legal system over any sort of 'vigilante' or mob justice any day. The woman killed another human being deliberately and with malice aforethought. In British Law that actually constitutes murder not manslaughter and I think the jury were wrong to acquit her of murder to begin with then the judge was woefully wrong to dole out such a lenient sentence. 

I realise this will make me even more unpopular on here with some posters but I have no truck with any individual or group of people deciding to do things like this and frankly she should have got banged up for wilful murder. She was damned lucky she's only got 7 years. Personally I think the fact she could be out in 4 and 2/3 years with parole etc is a travesty in itself.

14Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 22:12

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I've thought about this for a while now and having young children of my own sort of muddies the water a bit for me. Whilst I feel no sympathy for paedophiles whatsoever and wouldn't lose any sleep over one of them being killed, it's worth noting, as Pete had already mentioned, he was charged, not convicted. 

I don't think this woman should get away with murder but I wouldn't be going out of my way to complain about it. 

I'm no killer, but if I came face to face with a paedophile that had abused my children, I'm pretty sure there's no way I could resist the urge to smash the horrible bastard to pieces. I wouldn't go out looking and I certainly wouldn't be wandering around with a knife looking for them but if by chance we came face to face all bets would be off and if your kids suffered that way you can't tell me you wouldn't do the same? 

Maybe the premeditated nature of this makes it a bit different.

15Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 22:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The answer is no.

Yes I would.

16Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Fri Jan 22 2016, 22:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are told that this woman is a mother with a number of young children, presumably to stir our emotional feelings because she is a mother. Did she consider the possibility that she would be depriving her children of their mother when she chose to take a 12 inch kitchen knife to the victims flat?

I have no time for kiddy fiddlers but I can't see how we can condone someone taking the law into their own hands just because they are a mother worried about the safety of their kids.

Paedophiles should be chemically castrated but if we condone a 77 year old fiddler as being fair game to anyone who bears a grudge then we are no different than the shower of shit who call themselves ISIS/ISIL.

17Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Sat Jan 23 2016, 08:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Paedophiles should be chemically castrated but if we condone a 77 year old fiddler as being fair game to anyone who bears a grudge then we are no different than the shower of shit who call themselves ISIS/ISIL.

I'm pretty sure if ISIS only beheaded peedos they'd have a much better reputation.

18Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Sat Jan 23 2016, 08:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Charged and convicted are two very different things Nat.

According to the papers, Pleasted had 24 convictions for child sex offences stretching over a 20-year period in the 1970s and 80s.

19Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Sat Jan 23 2016, 10:56

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

I'm pretty sure if ISIS only beheaded peedos they'd have a much better reputation.

Im sure if ISIS did that there would be no ISIS

20Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Empty Re: Who Complains About a Peedo Killer? Sat Jan 23 2016, 11:37

We have laws for a reason.

If we suddenly abandon them and all start settling our personal disputes by meting out summary justice, we become nothing more than a bunch of highly evolved Chimps with (shit) iPhones and Netflix subscriptions.

That's what makes us human - the capacity for measured, rational thought.

Take that away and society collapses in about five minutes.

But we've already established that fact on here before......several times.

Last edited by Breadman on Sat Jan 23 2016, 12:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Speling)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum