Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

McGinlay appointed as Supporters' Trust official ambassador

+2
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John McGinlay has been appointed as an ambassador for the Wanderers Supporters’ Trust.

The Whites legend, who scored 118 goals in 245 appearances between 1992 and 1997, has worked to publicise the trust in its early days and help to raise membership to the 5,000 mark.

McGinlay has now come on board in an official capacity, acting as a bridge between the club and the trust.

“I am delighted to be involved in the trust at such an early stage,” he said. “I attended the initial meeting on January 6 and was absolutely blown away by the response from the fans, so I knew I had to be involved in a more hands-on role.

“I’ve been in regular contact with the steering group since Supporters Direct put them together and I was humbled when they asked me to become an ambassador of the trust.

“The steering group are doing a fantastic job. They need expert help at this time and that’s something that the new members of the group bring. The trust movement is an incredible thing to be part of, and I urge all Bolton fans to get involved.”

Source

People are sussing these clowns out so what do they do?

Give McGinlay a made-up title, stick him in an "I love The Truss!" t-shirt and wheel him out to appeal to the sheep.

Genius.

Charles Saatchi would be very proud.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that about sums it up bread.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm as suspicious as the next man about this lot and definitely don't have any trust in their intentions.

However, who better than John McGinlay to keep an eye on things for us?
It seems to me that he doesn't suffer fools gladly and appears to be very straight-talking guy. I have to believe that he genuinely has the clubs best interests at heart and will be the first to call bullshit on these guys if he smells it.

However shady this lot may or may not turn out to be, I'm heartened to hear that he will be keeping somewhat of a close eye on them.

But he's not really going to be in any position to keep an eye on the internal machinations though, is he, Fin?

All they've done is come out with an announcement saying he's now an "official ambassador" for the truss.

ie, he'll hang round on match days wearing his "I heart The Truss!" t-shirt, shaking hands and rattling a bucket while gormless knobs take selfies with him.

He's not really going to be privy to anything serious, is he?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I really don't know. I guess I'm just hoping that he isn't so stupid as to stick his name on this without demanding full transparency. Then again, you know my feelings on the intellect of the majority of footballers. I just can't for the life of me imagine that he would walk blindly into this and risk fucking up his legendary status with Wanderers fans.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I really don't know. I guess I'm just hoping that he isn't so stupid as to stick his name on this without demanding full transparency. Then again, you know my feelings on the intellect of the majority of footballers. I just can't for the life of me imagine that he would walk blindly into this and risk fucking up his legendary status with Wanderers fans.

Do you remember when he bought Benjamin Topp's and turned it into McGinlays?

I played football for him back then on Sundays.

He bought the place with two other blokes who were "investment partners" from "the local business community" in Bolton and it ran at a loss from Day One.

He lost a shit load of cash on that venture and nearly went bankrupt.

The other two fellas then swiftly disappeared into the night.

That's all I'm saying, so draw your own conclusions regarding his financial acumen and business instincts...

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Taking "Ambassador" to it's highest level. The Brit Ambassador to Russia is there to smooth things over and does not have any remit to act without direction from the UK government. I hope Super John isn't used for nefarious purposes.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This stinks to high heaven, it's as blatantly transparent as Sports Shield banging Dean Holdsworth up front to be their 'face' so no one looks too hard at what's behind him. What's next? Will some group of slave trading drug dealers pitch a bid with Peter Reid as their "Chairman"?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:Taking "Ambassador" to it's highest level, Super John will be handing out the Ferrero Rochers to ST members in their executive box.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:This stinks to high heaven, it's as blatantly transparent as Sports Shield banging Dean Holdsworth up front to be their 'face' so no one looks too hard at what's behind him. What's next? Will some group of slave trading drug dealers pitch a bid with Peter Reid as their "Chairman"?

Ssshhh! That's not 'til next month!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum