Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

+10
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Dunkels King
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Quent
Natasha Whittam
largehat
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 17:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mirror pundits have made predictions on who will win the Championship next season.

You can view the full article here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's who they all chose though:

Mark Lawrenson: Wolverhampton Wanderers
Robbie Savage: Bolton Wanderers
Oliver Holt: Bolton Wanderers
Martin Lipton: Bolton Wanderers
John Cross: Brighton and Hove Albion
Darren Lewis: Charlton Athletic
Neil McLeman: Burnley Rolling Eyes
Michael Walters: Blackpool
James Nursey: Leicester City
David McDonnell: Cardiff City
David Anderson: Bolton Wanderers
David Maddock: Bolton Wanderers
Simon Bird: Bolton Wanderers

6 out of 13 is not bad is it? And that doesn't include Nixon, who is up Coyle's arse.

Trust Lawro to go for Wolves. He had them down in 8th place last season based upon his weekly predictions on the BBC website. He loves them, the camp fucker.

2Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 18:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally I don't get anyone who thinks we will win the league next season, our only decent player has been injured for 12 months and we don't have a decent striker on the books.

I think Wolves have a much better chance of bouncing back than us.

I can only assume these pundits are basing their choices on the myth that Owen Coyle is a good manager.

3Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 18:08

I fully expect to be pushing for automatic promotion, I don't think these pundits are doing anything other than backing the favourites.

4Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 18:36

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

What do you expect from tabloid pundits, they probably couldn't be bothered reading past 'B' for the contenders.

5Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 18:58

Some strange predictions in them. If Brighton, Charlton or Burnley win the Championship I'll give a £100 to every member on this site.

6Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 20:36

What a load of bollocks. We aren't being tipped because of our manager - but he will surprise everyone next season. We have a tidy squad and are under the raydar right now. We'll walk it.

7Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 21:19

Bolton Hater wrote:What a load of bollocks. We aren't being tipped because of our manager - but he will surprise everyone next season. We have a tidy squad and are under the raydar right now. We'll walk it.

I'll add Blackburn to my previous comment.

8Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 21:22

OneOinCoyle wrote:

I'll add Blackburn to my previous comment.

I'll hold you to that big boy.

9Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 21:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Steve Kean turned a solid mid-table team into Championship material overnight. His record is appalling by any standards. He's even spent more money than Allardyce did and in a shorter space of time.

10Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 21:36

doffcocker wrote:Steve Kean turned a solid mid-table team into Championship material overnight. His record is appalling by any standards. He's even spent more money than Allardyce did and in a shorter space of time.

He's spent next to nothing you clown.

11Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Wed Jun 20 2012, 21:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
He's spent next to nothing you clown.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not quite.

12Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 00:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They might as well promote Bolton now and save all the hassle and expense.

There's always a shock in this division.

13Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 01:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It would just be too good to be true for us to hold onto all of our best players, for them to stay fit and for Coyle to pick the right team. Because if we could accomplish all that, I think we'll be an even better team than in Coyle's first season, when we finished as a PL team on 46 points, and will thus, win promotion with ease.

It'll take us the first 15 games to decide that Kevin Davies is rubbish and that somebody else should be given a chance.

14Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 09:20

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I am also amazed to see so many pundits tipping us to win the Championship title. I look at our squad (what's left of it and new signings) and I can't see us doing better than mid table. I hope to be proved wrong of course !

15Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 09:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We need to get back up this season to get the rich pickings from the new TV rights that start in the 2013/14 season!!!

I am predicting a top 6 finish but I think its going to be difficult to get an automtic position - they will go to Leicester and Cardiff.

16Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 11:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bookies are nearly always accurate with their odds and if they have us as second favourites for promotion there will be a good reason for it.

If we can get all of our players fit then we stand a good chance of automatic promotion.

17Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 12:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't see why we shouldn't be picked for automatic promotion with the team we still have; Lee, Holden, Mavies, Petrov in the midfield and Mears, Ricketts and Ream in the defence. It's a very good starting 11 for this league IMO.

Sadly I am still not sure we have the right man in charge to get it right.

18Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 13:52

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wolves will be a contender I would think and Blackburn also. There are about six teams in it IMO. We may start slowly thinking that we have a right to go back up .....the players may think they are too good for this division. It might take half the season before they realize there is a job on. And laughable as it may seem, we will be a nice scalp to have for the likes of Barnsley etc....so those teams will be gung-ho and after us.

In otherwords this won't be as easy as some people think.....it's OC's job to get them motivated.

19Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 14:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think Nat is spot-on, and which most have forgotten or over-looked, we need a decent striker, or two. At the moment we seem to have old men and children, and none of them inspire a lot of confidence.

20Mirror, mirror on the wall... Empty Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall... Thu Jun 21 2012, 14:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We also seem to be putting all our eggs in the Holden basket. Chances are he'll be injured by August.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum