Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

your plan to see out the season

+8
wanderlust
Lard Lad
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In 3 months time there will be another mass exodus of young players from BWFC - and a few old ones - but there doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it. 

Some of our best prospects and some who have already shown they might have a future with us are out of contract and if Deano's bid is what it seems to be, there is no way we can compete to resign them. Some will be missed and some will leave us wondering what might have been.

Amongst those leaving are:

Rob Hall
Tom Eaves
Hayden White
Ross Fitzsimmons
Jordan Lussey
Jon Ceberio
Campbell-Young
Wassi
Maher

...plus first team regulars
Rob Holding
Wellington Silva
Kayne Woolery
Rachubka
David Wheater
Feeney
Danns
Heskey
Dobbie

Plus there are other youngsters who may be leaving as I'm not sure when their contracts are up. They are:

Alex Finney
Quade Taylor
Jamie Thomas
Oscar Threlkeld 
Harry Campbell

Feeney, Wheater, Danns, Heskey and Dobbie leaving will save a mere £55 grand a week and we can assume that is one of the savings built into the business plan to keep the club afloat as we seem to be around £5 or 6 million short for next year. So they won't be replaced and it's very, very unlikely we'll be able to compete for the contracts of the others who are leaving. 

We have to resign ourselves to letting the likes of Holding and Woolery go and it's unlikely there'll be much left in the way of youth players to step up and replace them.

Then we have a bunch of overpaid ponces who we are likely to be stuck with.

NB: the average League 1 salary is around £1500 per week - £1.5k

We're stuck with:
Mavies £18k
Trotter £11k
Spearing who can only play half the games anyway £18k
Derik £10k
Dervite £9k
Moxey £8.5k
Madine £?
Clough £?
Pratley £14k
Amos £16k

Given our likely League 1 income, we are going to be running at a huge loss with salaries like these and we can only assume that Deano is gambling on this lot getting us promoted straight back up - and then some. What is implicit is that there won't be much -if anything - left to spend on other players or retaining our youngsters.

But I can't see how we can get rid of these players we're stuck with. They are on good salaries (looks a lot but remember Eagles was on £30k a week!) Who on earth would want to take them and pay them these rates? Nobody in their right minds IMO so it looks like we're stuck with them.

We need CBs if we're going to lose Wheater, Holding and possibly Alex Finney.
We need some pace and guile up front if we're losing Feeney, Wellington and Kaiyne Woolery. And we need to build a team that will get promoted at the first time of asking.

So given our financial position and the lists of players we are going to lose and those we are stuck with, what do you think the manager can do to create that League 1 winning team?

22your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 14:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need to keep Holding and Woolery as a priority, the rest i'm not too bothered about

23your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 14:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:But I can't see how we can get rid of these players we're stuck with. They are on good salaries (looks a lot but remember Eagles was on £30k a week!) Who on earth would want to take them and pay them these rates? Nobody in their right minds IMO so it looks like we're stuck with them.

We're not the only stupid football club who pay ridiculous wages. There will still be teams prepared to pay Pratley, Mavies, Moxey & Trotter silly money.

24your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 14:42

Five years ago I'd have agreed with you but not now.

The sides relegated from the Prem apart, there's no money in the Championship.

Nobody in their right minds is going to even match what they're on now, let alone offer them the pay rise necessary to tempt them into walking away.

If anyone was serious about taking Mark Davies off our hands, they'd have done it in January when the club was desperate to give him away.

But they didn't.

We're stuck with them.

25your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 14:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Five years ago I'd have agreed with you but not now.

Nobody in their right minds is going to even match what they're on now, let alone offer them the pay rise necessary to tempt them into walking away.

If anyone was serious about taking Mark Davies off our hands, they'd have done it in January when the club was desperate to give him away.

But they didn't.

We're stuck with them.

All players think they are Ronaldo, they won't want to play in League 1 so will all be desperate to leave.

So if it's £20k at Bolton for a season and then a huge drop when their contract expires, or £15k at Ipswich on a shiny new 3 year contract and a fat signing bonus I'm sure they'll be off before you can say "overpaid ponce".

26your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 14:56

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

But they didn't.

We're stuck with them.

All players think they are Ronaldo, they won't want to play in League 1 so will all be desperate to leave.

So if it's £20k at Bolton for a season and then a huge drop when their contract expires, or £15k at Ipswich on a shiny new 3 year contract and a fat signing bonus I'm sure they'll be off before you can say "overpaid ponce".
We can only hope you are right... as this would go a long way to balancing the budget and using the cash to keep some of the younger players on board.

27your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

But they didn't.

We're stuck with them.

The performances that these particular overpaid ponces have put in this season have been literally relegation form so I'd be surprised if any Championship club would think that any of them are better than what they have got. After all, the players they have already have achieved better results than these guys.

So why would they even consider taking any of them off our hands? Especially as they are being paid more than the majority of Championship players already? 

We are stuck with them unfortunately - until 2019 in Amos' case.

28your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
The performances that these particular overpaid ponces have put in this season have been literally relegation form so I'd be surprised if any Championship club would think that any of them are better than what they have got. After all, the players they have already have achieved better results than these guys.

So why would they even consider taking any of them off our hands? Especially as they are being paid more than the majority of Championship players already? 

We are stuck with them unfortunately - until 2019 in Amos' case.

Is this your first day following a club? At the last transfer window we almost lost Clough, Pratley, Feeney and Moxey. Players will always be in demand, regardless of the league position of their club.

29your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 16:01

I almost won the lottery on Saturday but guess what?

Almost counts for cock all and I'm still sat here in my underpants with no immediate plans to buy a yacht.

30your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 16:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:At the last transfer window we almost lost Clough, Pratley, Feeney and Moxey. Players will always be in demand, regardless of the league position of their club.
That would be the transfer window when the players weren't getting paid and were potentially about to be without a club to play for, so obviously some Bolton News journalist could rattle off at least a couple of week's worth of column inches based on the pretext that somebody somewhere was vaguely interested in taking Clough off our hands providing there was no fee and we were willing to pay for the taxi.

And when it was bleeding obvious nobody wanted him or any of the other chip paper fodder material mentioned they then wrote about how he had decided to show some loyalty.

But it's pointless arguing about it. Just have to wait to see who goes in summer.

31your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 16:54

Hearing a rumour that Anderson's getting cold feet.

Was due to meet the team for the first time today but didn't show up.

His name's also been removed from the club's website and it now says "tbc" against Chairman.

Oh shit....

32your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 17:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That Norbert Dentrasangle don't half talk some shit

33your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 17:14

I thought that was you?

34your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 17:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I thought that was you?

No, I'm riggins44

35your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 17:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Hearing a rumour that Anderson's getting cold feet.

Was due to meet the team for the first time today but didn't show up.

His name's also been removed from the club's website and it now says "tbc" against Chairman.

Oh shit....

Laughing

36your plan to see out the season - Page 2 Empty Re: your plan to see out the season Mon Mar 14 2016, 17:42

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:I thought that was you?

No, I'm riggins44

What a Face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic