Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you give Samizadeh a run?

+8
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Fabians Right Peg
Barryjw
Norpig
karlypants
scottjames30
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Samizadeh - Should he start?

Would you give Samizadeh a run? Vote_lcap89%Would you give Samizadeh a run? Vote_rcap 89% [ 17 ]
Would you give Samizadeh a run? Vote_lcap11%Would you give Samizadeh a run? Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:25

We're going down whatever happens now, that's pretty obvious.

Next season, we're going to be relying heavily on home grown talent to form the core of the team, so I reckon JP and DH will be using the last nine games to assess what we've got coming through the ranks.

We may well wind up losing a few games 0-4 but that doesn't really matter now, does it?

It's about blooding some youngsters and giving them real-life exposure to what it's really like to be a professional footballer to see if they've got what it takes.

And you never know, if one of them shows some real promise, we may be able to flog them to Chelsea or City for a few (desperately needed) quid.

So forget starting Woolery (I reckon he's already a given to get more game time under JP) would you promote Alex Samizadeh to the first XI?

I would.

2Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not over until it's over, new Manager, could win 5 out of the last few games, you just never know.

3Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:33

You could be right, Scotty but I don't think you are.

There's more chance of Whittam announcing that she's marrying Channing Tatum and inviting us all to the wedding at Westminster Abbey than there is of us staying up.

4Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott, we have to rely on other results now as well.

It's just not going to happen. Sad

5Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he has to be given a go, where's the harm? He might only be young but so is Rashford at United and it didn't stop them did it?

6Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would be giving all the young ones a go TBH.

7Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:52

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I understand the logic but having watched the lad a number of times I do not believe he is ready to step up to playing with the big lads. Sure he's scored goals at youth level, but league level may be a step to far at the moment. I know its said if you don't try them you'll never know but suspect there are other young players higher up the pecking order. Hope I'm wrong and we've got a diamond.

P.S. I understand he is currently injured in any case.

8Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can we get the likes of Threlkeld back from their loans? He seems to be doing well so worth getting him back as soon as possible and involved with the team

9Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:I understand the logic but having watched the lad a number of times I do not believe he is ready to step up to playing with the big lads. Sure he's scored goals at youth level, but league level may be a step to far at the moment. I know its said if you don't try them you'll never know but suspect there are other young players higher up the pecking order. Hope I'm wrong and we've got a diamond.

P.S. I understand he is currently injured in any case.
fair enough Barry i haven't seen him play to be honest but his name is always popping up on match reports

10Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 11:57

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:can we get the likes of Threlkeld back from their loans? He seems to be doing well so worth getting him back as soon as possible and involved with the team
His loan spell is due to expire shortly and it was Lennon's intention to bring him back and play him to monitor his progress. However the new management may have other ideas. We can only wait and see.

11Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 12:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No doubt there would be a fee involved if we recalled loan deals back early?

12Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 12:32

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:I would be giving all the young ones a go TBH.

Fair point however this does not stack up when you look at loaning Taylor to Daganhem.

Whilst I understand most of yesterday's goings on with Lennom, Feeney etc loaning a youngster who is on peanuts out seemed odd. If as most suspect the squad is going to rely on these players why not keep them around and get them used to playing with each other in competitive games ASAP.

Perhaps he is one that they don't fancy, however not really been given a fair crack of the whip if that is the case.

13Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only way we can introduce more young players next season is if we manage to offload some of the seniors and that isn't going to happen apart from those out of contract.
We will need a couple of CBs with Wheater going, a pacy winger to replace Feeney and a couple of strikers though so there is some room for manoeuvre in some positions.
Samizadeh is probably not ready as yet but there is a case for needing someone who can finish given all the chances created - however Clough is supposedly in to do that.
But we have to wait and see what Jimmy does to the system before we can have an idea of what's needed.

14Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 13:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Samizadeh burnt his bridges when he pushed for a move to Derby and rejected a new deal. Out of contract soon, good riddance

15Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 13:18

Boggersbelief wrote:Samizadeh burnt his bridges when he pushed for a move to Derby and rejected a new deal. Out of contract soon, good riddance

You can't really blame him though, can you?

What future did it look like he had with us at the time?

The club was going bust.

Can you honestly say that the 12 year old you made carefully considered, measured business decisions?

I think he deserves a break.

16Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 13:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Samizadeh burnt his bridges when he pushed for a move to Derby and rejected a new deal. Out of contract soon, good riddance

You can't really blame him though, can you?

What future did it look like he had with us at the time?

The club was going bust

I think he deserves a break.
:clap: was just about to say the same thing!

17Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 13:21

That's why you're my favourite mod.

18Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 13:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:That's why you're my favourite mod.
Automatic 25% discount at Bargain Booze right there.

19Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 13:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd give any good performer from the academy a run, these are the kids we will rely on next season so go out there and have fun, if you lose 10-0 so be it, get some experience and enjoy your football.

20Would you give Samizadeh a run? Empty Re: Would you give Samizadeh a run? Wed Mar 16 2016, 13:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'd give any good performer from the academy a run, these are the kids we will rely on next season so go out there and have fun, if you lose 10-0 so be it, get some experience and enjoy your football.
Don't think I would be enjoying my football if my team was getting battered every week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum