Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vegan dogs

+2
wanderlust
Chairmanda
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vegan dogs Empty Vegan dogs Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:29

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I currently don't own a dog (though I love them) and occasionally dog sit for friends who need a bit of help. One in particular has been always fed a vegan diet. She is now 7, so I feel any change in her diet may cause an unexpected digestive reaction! I still feel its wrong to limit her diet this way...any thoughts?

2Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:I currently don't own a dog (though I love them) and occasionally dog sit for friends who need a bit of help. One in particular has been always fed a vegan diet. She is now 7, so I feel any change in her diet may cause an unexpected digestive reaction! I still feel its wrong to limit her diet this way...any thoughts?
Isn't most dried dog food vegan? I know a lot of them add chicken or beef to appeal to the humans but the basic range is all vegan. I know Purina, one of the biggest manufacturers do a vegan line and I think most of the other market leaders do also.
Dogs don't seem to need B12 as much as humans. Mind you dogs are weird - they don't have blood types like we do so injured dogs can get a transfusion from any mutt so I guess our dietary concerns are not necessarily applicable to dogs. So I wouldn't worry about this particular one.

3Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Fri Mar 18 2016, 19:17

Most commercially available dog food is full of all sorts of indigestible rubbish and flavour enhancers designed to fool the dog into loving it (which I've always found odd, having been the owner of several Labradors over the years, all of whom would pretty much devour anything they could fit in their mouths).

That's the reason they eat each others' poo apparently - the flavour enhancers don't degrade in the gut, so to your average dog, the poo smells and tastes like dinner.

Just thought I'd share that.

4Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Fri Mar 18 2016, 20:21

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

My mother in law has two dogs. The other day, and not for the first time I might add, I witnessed one of the dogs eating dog shit in the garden. It then came in the house and proceeded to lick my mother in law all over her face. I could say something to her, but I don't, as I find it rather amusing. 

Another thing she always comes out with is that her dogs saliva is antiseptic, so if she ever gets a cut or something, she'll let the dog lick it, probably after its had a mouthful of dog shit. I don't know if it's true or not, but it sounds like bollocks to me.

5Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Sat Mar 19 2016, 00:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chairmanda wrote:I currently don't own a dog (though I love them) and occasionally dog sit for friends who need a bit of help. One in particular has been always fed a vegan diet. She is now 7, so I feel any change in her diet may cause an unexpected digestive reaction! I still feel its wrong to limit her diet this way...any thoughts?

At least it will shite eco friendly turds, much like sheep.

6Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Sat Mar 19 2016, 00:34

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:My mother in law has two dogs. The other day, and not for the first time I might add, I witnessed one of the dogs eating dog shit in the garden. It then came in the house and proceeded to lick my mother in law all over her face. I could say something to her, but I don't, as I find it rather amusing. 

Another thing she always comes out with is that her dogs saliva is antiseptic, so if she ever gets a cut or something, she'll let the dog lick it, probably after its had a mouthful of dog shit. I don't know if it's true or not, but it sounds like bollocks to me.

I've a mate that has always said fanny juice is better than penicillin so your mother in law might have a point. I know what I'd prefer!

7Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Sat Mar 19 2016, 00:49

Antibiotics vs The Restorative powers of Lady Juice.

Ha haa! Fuck you, Fleming!

Your Bond books were shit anyway...........

8Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Sat Mar 19 2016, 09:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My dog was a vegan. He also stood for the LibDems in Culcheth.
His insistence on smoking his pipe at meetings got him into trouble on many occasions,but it was tolerated by most.
He sadly lost his deposit.....several times.
Vegan dogs Article-2263881-16FDF520000005DC-654_470x457

9Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Sat Mar 19 2016, 14:55

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:My dog was a vegan. He also stood for the LibDems in Culcheth.
His insistence on smoking his pipe at meetings got him into trouble on many occasions,but it was tolerated by most.
He sadly lost his deposit.....several times.
Vegan dogs Article-2263881-16FDF520000005DC-654_470x457
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10Vegan dogs Empty Re: Vegan dogs Sat Mar 19 2016, 17:52

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Note to self: Do not read anything Boncey posts while I'm at work.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum