Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Relegated

+13
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Fabians Right Peg
Bollotom2014
Natasha Whittam
okocha
NickFazer
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Relegated Empty Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 17:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Even though its been on the cards for months it still feels lousy. And there's nothing to suggest it will be any better next season.
But it's a reality now

2Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 17:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Accepted it weeks ago, doesn't make it any less painful. im trying to take positives and this is the first time ever for me supporting a league one side....

3Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 17:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its been a long time comings, and its been very depressing, and we still 5 games to go.

Lets hope someone, if we survive the financial finagling, that someone takes the time out, looks at where we went wrong, and tries to fix the problems the club has internally.

All I want is a win, (I no longer care in which league).

4Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 17:27

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:im trying to take positives

Throw some out there because I'm struggling massively to think of any

5Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 17:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:im trying to take positives

Throw some out there because I'm struggling massively to think of any

We'll see the back of some of the high earners. We'll be able to bring players in for the first time in forever.  We'll have fresh optimism under a new manager.

6Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 18:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll smash league one, better times to come.

7Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 18:09

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Better it's confirmed early, although Charlton and MK also looked doomed after today. The club can begin now to prepare for League 1 and not wait until the end of the season.

8Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 19:12

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What's clear is that the youngsters that fans have been  demanding should be given a chance, look to be completely inadequate for the task. Lightweight, slow, lacking basic skills, easily bypassed, positionally naive etc.  
No wonder Lennon stuck to his judgements on selection. We look even worse now that we're playing the kids who are presumably "the future". Well, it's a grim future that looms, in that case.

This points to real problems concerning scouting, recruitment, development in terms of skills, physique, pace, awareness. The players with some proven ability have got worse under successive managers and coaches.
We have no money so will struggle badly to recruit unless we find gems in non-league football or get taken over again......this time by someone with real wealth.

In retrospect and in comparison, Feeney appears a world-beater!! Certainly, no one else can stop him being named player of the year. What a state!

9Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 19:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Okocha the Tory hater is right, the kids are fooking useless.

The only way we will turn this around is to find a manager who can bring in a load of lower league players who are committed to the BWFC cause.

10Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 19:18

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What we can look forward to now is the getting rid of the cowboy passengers, giving the fans something to look forward to, like a good price for tickets for watching football, not some overpaid scrotes who wouldn't know a football if they kicked one. Get the atmosphere back, find out why ED did what he did, and any collusion from the rest of the old board. Put some decency back into BWFC dealings and play proper footie. Start again from a position of truth and honesty and get back up top.

11Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Sat Apr 09 2016, 21:21

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For those slating the 'Kids', Holding and woolery were two of the better players today. Like many had accepted relegation as had many of the fans there today, there was a mixture of gallows humour including a couple of choruses of 'we're going to win the league', combined with a banner stating 'no effort no hope'.

Only saw one person reduced to a trickle of tears which shows many have just accepted our fate, walking back to the car a derby fan politely said unlucky mate, my instant reponse without think was it wasn't unlucky it was deserved.

Gutted I feel that way about my team.

12Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Relegation I can cope with but it's the baggage that's the problem. 

If it was a clean break with players moving on and a fresh start on the cards, it wouldn't be too bad but being tied into contracts that will continue to drain the club for another couple of years and the ongoing prospect of bankruptcy at any time makes it very unpalatable. We won't be able to make the signings we need to start the rebuilding process so it looks like we'll have at least another year of watching shite that nobody wants and doesn't want to be here anyway.

13Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 12:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll be back. ::bwfc::
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 13:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:We'll be back. ::bwfc::
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
God I miss Burnden Park!

15Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 13:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I often fill up looking at old pictures like this. Happy times,wherever we were in the league.

16Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 13:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel absolutely gutted now that it's official even though we have known for a long while we would go down.

I just hope and pray that we don't keep on free falling further down the leagues.

I hope we can bounce straight back up to the Championship which would give all the fans a great boost but I just don't have that feeling anymore like we will, I feel that we could be in League 1 for a minimum of 2 seasons. Sad

17Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 13:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of us oldsters are wondering if we'll still be alive when we next arrive in the Prem.

Mind you,they'll have created a European Super League by then,and clubs like ours will be left with the crumbs.

18Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 13:10

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Its not being relegated but the manner in which we were relegated, no fight, 5 matches remaining and joint lowest total points, No away wins, incapable of scoring, incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

The jury is out regarding the youngsters, hope they can recover from this. Sooner this season finishes the better.

19Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's been coming for months to be honest but it still made me sad, but we have to try and be positive for next season which is easier said than done looking at the club as a whole.

I'll still be there next season in the same seat i've had since we moved to the Reebok and can't see that changing much to Mrs Pig's annoyance  Very Happy

20Relegated Empty Re: Relegated Mon Apr 11 2016, 13:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

People laughed when the bookies named us as relegation favorites at the beginning of the season.....maybe they know somat after all.
Truth is we were lucky not to go down last season with better players so our fate was set long ago.
Has anybody noticed that since Feeny left us we are getting killed....that's because he was the only one who could hold the ball up and make a run with it....and our only outlet from defense.
Pratley says we need a new squad..... I agree with that but good luck doing it on zero finances.
And while rambling on ...I notice that Swansea have announced Americas are taking over the club in just a few weeks......wonder if those investors have a pot to piss in....unlike ours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum