Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson's plans for the club - AUDIO

+5
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Two and a half minutes clip here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting interview but a shame he didn't expand a bit more on exactly how he intends to reduce the wage bill, especially in respect of the high earners that are still in contract.
If wage reduction/salary capping is his main plan to bring the finances into line, we're stuffed unless there is some obscure legal loophole he knows of that will allow the club to get rid of those in contract. A bit frustrating that he hasn't used the interview to clarify how they plan to achieve that.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Interesting interview but a shame he didn't expand a bit more on exactly how he intends to reduce the wage bill, especially in respect of the high earners that are still in contract.
If wage reduction/salary capping is his main plan to bring the finances into line, we're stuffed unless there is some obscure legal loophole he knows of that will allow the club to get rid of those in contract. A bit frustrating that he hasn't used the interview to clarify how they plan to achieve that.

He said that they're down to the final 3 candidates and yet only just about to start their second round of interviews. Makes me wonder if they're being thorough enough or they're just going through the motions because they have already made their decision. All sounds too easy to me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

He said that they're down to the final 3 candidates and yet only just about to start their second round of interviews. Makes me wonder if they're being thorough enough or they're just going through the motions because they have already made their decision. All sounds too easy to me.

Whenever I interview for a job I know who I'm going to give it to after the first round. I always invite two or three back for a second interview just to be sure, but 9/10 I stick with my initial gut feeling.

I'm sure football is no different, Anderson probably already knows who he is going to offer the job to.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

Whenever I interview for a job I know who I'm going to give it to after the first round. I always invite two or three back for a second interview just to be sure, but 9/10 I stick with my initial gut feeling.

Does the second interview take a different form to the initial one?

Presentation?

Site tour?

Magic trick?

Quick song and dance routine?

Just out of interest, like......

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I had 5 bloody interviews to get my job and yet they could fire me today and people wouldn't notice for weeks.

One or two interview rounds to appoint the next manager of Bolton Wanderers who have been in free fall for years is nowhere near enough. Brown must have had the job for weeks.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club can't do anything right.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I had 5 bloody interviews to get my job and yet they could fire me today and people wouldn't notice for weeks.

I'm in a similar boat at the moment.

Two interviews at Site (the second of which involved my doing a two hour presentation), one at Head Office in Ayr and then a conference call to the 'Murican owners in Michigan.

I jumped through more hoops than one of those performing poodles you see on Britain's Got Talent......

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What was the presentation on ? Was it how to make the perfect bread roll ? Very Happy

It was all about Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodologies and how I'm going to save them millions of pounds / dollars and provide a platform for sustained, manageable growth in line with their business forecasts and projections which are predicting that they will double in size over the next two years.

I get to go to the states three times a year though, so it was worth it.

Yee haw!

Pass the mustard!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Anderson meets the media!

He looks like a slightly less trustworthy version of Bob Hope.

Coming soon to a cinema near you :The Road To Bankruptcy......

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:He looks like a slightly less trustworthy version of Bob Hope.

Give it a rest.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He's not a natural in front of the cameras is he? I couldn't decide if he was shifty or nervous, and settled for the latter, because he still got his message across.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw a gartside resemblance in him as the interview progressed. at one point I though he was slowing morphing into him, expected him to say "I'm back you bunch of pricks" at any second.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's the plan? "What for the football?"

Err.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:I had 5 bloody interviews to get my job and yet they could fire me today and people wouldn't notice for weeks.

Two interviews at Site (the second of which involved my doing a two hour presentation), one at Head Office in Ayr and then a conference call to the 'Murican owners in Michigan.

I jumped through more hoops than one of those performing poodles you see on Britain's Got Talent......

Good mate of mine, originally from Portsmouth ("yeah, but at least we won something"), moved from New York to East Grand Rapids, Michigan. Sounds like it snows half the year but he is loving it there. Nice gentle pace compared with the New York bullshit.

Good luck with it!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:He looks like a slightly less trustworthy version of Bob Hope.

Give it a rest.

+1.
All these finding fault and empty glasses get the Club nowhere.
All talk and no walk to the Macron! No better than couch Scum fans!!!

If you type Bolton Wanderers Chairman into Google it turns out our chairman was quarterback for the Cincinatti Bengals.

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Good mate of mine, originally from Portsmouth ("yeah, but at least we won something"), moved from New York to East Grand Rapids, Michigan. Sounds like it snows half the year but he is loving it there. Nice gentle pace compared with the New York bullshit.

Good luck with it!

Michael Moore assures me via the emails he regularly deposits in my Inbox ever since I subscribed to his site after watching Fahrenheit 9/11 about a million years ago (he starts them "Dear Friend" so we're properly tight and I can trust his judgement) that Michigan is a nice place to visit.

Detroit's bankrupt apparently after the car companies finally realised that 6 Litre engines weren't the way to go and Flint is all but closed after someone decided to start piping the drinking water in from a polluted river instead of from Lake Huron and everybody subsequently got sick, but if you pack a sweater and a woolly hat (and bring bottled water with you) you can still make the best of things.

Can't wait.....

Should've got a job with a company whose HQ was in LA......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum