Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would You Stand By A Family Member....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

....if they had been convicted of a terrible crime?

Ex-footballer Adam Johnson has launched an appeal against his 6 year prison sentence for being a nonce. His sister, Faye, has set up Adam Johnson's Appeal Fight Facebook page and has thanked people for their support.

Firstly, who is supporting his right to an appeal? Gary Glitter, Stuart Hall, R-Kelly and the ghost of Jimmy Saville? I can't imagine anyone outside the family wanting to back a self-confessed groomer of a child.

But more importantly, does family loyalty trump everything else? If you were in Faye's position, would you be actively helping Adam Johnson or would you disown the pervert?

I understand family members backing their own when that person claims to be innocent (even if they are found guilty like Ched Evans), but when that person admits to being a pervert, murderer, rapist etc do you think you'd want to help that person even if it was your brother, son or father?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hard question Nat, but I would say, in principle, no I wouldn't.
However, there are degrees of support you could offer, depending on what they did, and at the end of the day, it also depends on whether its your child, or a more distant relative.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum