Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Invictus Games

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Invictus Games Empty Invictus Games Tue May 10 2016, 00:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody else watching this, this week?

God bless them all!

2Invictus Games Empty Re: Invictus Games Tue May 10 2016, 07:56

Yep.  Saw the messages traded between the obamas and the windsors which was quite amusing.

John cena has been named one of the patrons for the games this week.

3Invictus Games Empty Re: Invictus Games Wed May 11 2016, 09:00

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Watched some of it but didn't enjoy it. I'm not sure why- was it just a sympathy thing for these guys or was it simply because it wasn't good sport.
 It's the same with the Paralympics- I didn't watch that much as I kept thinking,'what's wrong with this guy'?
It sounds heartless- but it isn't. I've every sympathy for people with severe disabilities-there's a few in my family ,one of whom was injured whilst in uniform and I work with people who have physical conditions that cause mobility issues. My wife has a blue card because of injuries sustained in a car crash.
But something makes me stop watching the games as I think the sympathy shadow overcomes the fun in watching good sport on the TV

4Invictus Games Empty Re: Invictus Games Tue May 17 2016, 10:42

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I only saw news coverage but have to say that despite not being a royalist Prince Harry came across very well. I think it is one of the only times I can think of that a member of the Royal Family has truly done something that is both completely selfless and worthwhile, and showed a genuine respect and empathy for those involved. So whatever your views on the actual event and the sport it is a triumph over adversity and huge kudos to the competitors, organisers and to Prince Harry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum