Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-star Stubbs not at top of patient Wanderers' managerial shortlist

+7
rammywhite
Keegan
Sluffy
wanderlust
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alan Stubbs does not figure at the top of Wanderers’ managerial shortlist, The Bolton News understands.

The former Burnden Park defender, currently in charge of Hibernian in Scotland, has been heavily linked with the job and has been backed in among the favourites to take the post.

He was recommended to the Wanderers’ hierarchy last month and is highly regarded by Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth but it is thought he does not feature in their current plans.

Stubbs is reportedly interesting local rivals Blackburn Rovers and has 12 months left to run on his contact at Easter Road.

He insisted earlier this week the speculation would not be affecting his preparations for Friday night’s Premiership play-off against Falkirk, after which he will drive down to Bolton to play in the legends game the following day.

“I've got another year left on my contract, so nothing has changed,” he said.

“People were saying I was under pressure two weeks ago, and now I am getting linked with another job. That is the game. That's part of being a manager.

“If you're doing well, you get linked with jobs. If you are not doing well, you don't get linked with jobs.

“Some people might beg to differ, but it's speculation. That's all.”

Although impatience is growing among the fans, Wanderers continue to take a watching brief on their new manager.

Their shortlist is affected by a number of factors, including the fact Nottingham Forest are also looking for a new boss and sussing out some of the same names.

Peter Reid remains a strong option, working alongside another younger manager, while other candidates could soon come to light depending on the end-of-season job changes elsewhere.

Meanwhile, sources at the club have refuted claims the first payment on a loan taken out from BluMarble Capital Ltd during the takeover is now late.

The loan – which helped finance Sports Shield BWFC’s bid to buy the club from Eddie Davies – is secured against assets owned by Burnden Leisure Ltd and Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Company.

Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth have both given assurances the funding model passed by the Football League in March is sufficient to see the club through this season and next.

“We wouldn't have got through the Football League,” Anderson told The Bolton News. “The Football League asked us if we had enough to get through this season.

“Afterwards, before the approval, they wanted us to show where the funds were and prove those funds were available to get us through to next season.

“That puts us on level par with every other club – you're working one season ahead.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jesus is the BN trying to out-negative me? There's no way that Ken or Dean would have allowed the first repayment on a loan to be late, especially not when the League is all over us like a bad rash.

As to Stubbs, well, I'm not going to claim to be overly keen but if he did want the job and was offered it then we could do worse in my opinion. He won't set the world alight but I suspect he could handle League One and steady the ship at least.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breaking News: Sir Alex, George Best and Sir Alf Ramsey are also not on the list......see I can work as a reporter for the BEN Razz

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently he was in contention until he dropped a bollock in the interview.

wanderlust wrote:Apparently he was in contention until he dropped a bollock in the interview.

Very dedicated professional, Stubbsy.

I remember one pre-season when he returned to training one stone lighter than the rest of them.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He was an excellent player.

Pity how he blotted his copy book in the way he left.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Apparently he was in contention until he dropped a bollock in the interview.

Very dedicated professional, Stubbsy.

I remember one pre-season when he returned to training one stone lighter than the rest of them.

Good to know there's someone as sick as me on here....

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I regret to report there is no truth to the rumour that Mr Seymour Butts has applied for the post. Wink

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This season has gone from shite to Crapfest 2016.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:This season has gone from shite to Crapfest 2016.
I don't look at it that way. 
We had a bunch of incompetents at the helm who were dragging us down and getting us deeper and deeper in debt so they had to be cleared out if we were to avoid oblivion. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs so it was never going to be easy and we've known since the beginning that it couldn't be done in one clean go because we are financially tied to a huge salary bill until at least summer 2017. 

Given the choice between going out of existence and hacking away at resources for a couple of years to get back on an even keel I'd choose the latter every time.

Sure it's difficult to watch our club struggling in every sense - and it isn't over yet by a long chalk, but it needs to be done so that we have a future.

This is reality (as opposed to negativity) and we should at least celebrate the most important thing about this whole season - we still exist when we quite easily might not.

Add to that the fact that we are losing some of the average players on premiership wages, that young players are being fast-tracked, that more prima donnas will leave next summer, that there are small signs of improvement in recent games, especially Hull, that we've had  the fifth largest football club debt on the planet wiped off, there is quite a bit to feel positive about.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not quite as sanguine about our prospects as lusty (I know, the new most obvious statement in nuts history) but I have to agree that the very fact we still have a club to support is good news. It was perilously close to being otherwise, how close we may never know.

I think it's now obvious to all that the takeover wasn't a silver bullet that magically solved all our problems in one go but as lusty says, if we can get through the next couple of years without sliding even further down either on the field or in terms of our finances then we should be ok in the long run.

Perhaps we're at the end of the beginning of solving our problems rather than the beginning of the end of our club. I would certainly like to think so at any rate. I take some comfort from knowing we have been here before, in fact our situation was in some ways even more precarious in the 80's because back then administration wasn't an option at all for football clubs. I know no one wants it and it would be a disaster to many but at least that safety net is there if this all goes pear shaped. I hope and pray we never need to avail ourselves of it but some clubs have done it and come back stronger. Check out Southampton for a masterclass in how to enter admin and come out better.

Personally my feeling is that Ken and Dean will eventually get a handle on things. I know I've been negative in many of my posts and I feel it's been justified as things currently stand but in all truth I think deep down they'll keep us going at least and who knows? Maybe when the books are balanced a little better and the stupid contracts they got left with are finally up we might even become an attractive proposition for other investors? Worth hoping for at any rate don't you think?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All good points above....
However all this misery could have been possibly avoided if King Eddie sold the club to owners that actually had money rather than skint buddies of his leaving Eddie as President of the club today. Not to say that any of the reports of interested parties were true...that we will never know.
However this is floggin' a dead horse so we have to go with what we have now.
If Ken & Deano can balance the books in a year or two then maybe they can sell us on. That would be my guess at the moment.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hibs have just lost to Falkirk in the Scottish play-offs. |if he doesn't fancy another year in the Scottish Championship- a job at the Macron might look more attractive now

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whoever gets the job, the crowd will turn on him in no time if we're not winning most matches, but especially if it's somebody who's more than pissed the fans off in the past.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stubbs sacked by Rotherham.

It's called Karma, Alan. Hopefully Rotherham were a bit more respectful than you were when you fucked off from Bolton.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Stubbs sacked by Rotherham.

It's called Karma, Alan. Hopefully Rotherham were a bit more respectful than you were when you fucked off from Bolton.
:clap:

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

y2j 3.0 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Stubbs sacked by Rotherham.

:clap:

Who cares how he left the club ? He was one of the best centre halves we've ever had, always gave 100% and showed enough respect to come back and play in The Legends Match.

You fecking kidding.  Hes a shitbag.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:
Who cares how he left the club ?

Me. This is the best club in the world. He disrespected my club.

He's a fuckwit.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
King Bill wrote:
Who cares how he left the club ?

Me. This is the best club in the world. He disrespected my club.

He's a fuckwit.
I agree fuck the big nosed scouse prick, we dodged a bullet with him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum