Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does the Championship mean better things for Bolton fans?

+3
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
JakeSnake
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Now Bolton are in the championship its seems to be going better.... or does it?

Firstly, an early signing, its one of the things Bolton never seem to do. For me Andrews is a class player and will fit in well in our midfield whivh is really the position we're sorted with and with Andrews Holden, Pratley and Vela all cemtre mids that surely means we can sell Mark Davies to Villa or Liverpool for the reported £6 million which could really help to rebuild a strong/stronger squad ready for the Premierleague just like the good old days with Big Sam in charge. But on the other hand we're always linked with a few players, some good but never seem to sign them, like Carlos Sanchez, once a Roma target, linked heavily with Bolton about four weeks ago but now its all quite. I would like to see players like this signed not just rumoured. Hopefully when we actually get Mills we go back onto trying to sign these players like Sanchez and also Modou Sougou. But Mills, Bolton standard? I'd much rather have McFadzean who we're normally heavily linked with...

Finally, Bolton have now sold more season tickets than last year, I knew this would happen... Because as I've always said 'I'd rather be in the top six of the Championship than the bottom six of the prem, losing all the time when this year we can win lots more games, theres even a chance of a Wembley win.

Any thoughts on the matter?

I'm pleased with the Andrews signing; to an extent, but giving him a 3 year contract is a complete joke. We just managed to shift a load of deadwood, now we're going to have Andrews until he's 34. If we go back up would he be good enough for us next season? I don't think so, particularly as he'll be another year older. It just seems to resemble more clueless management to me.

Mark Davies is one of our more talented players. But until Coyle realises he's not a center midfielder then he's useless to us. He needs to be playing in a 451 so he doesn't have to take on any defensive responsibilities and he can concentrate on finding space, turning and running at opposition defences. I wouldn't sell him, I'd learn how to use him.

Not sure why you'd prefer to have McFadzean over Mills, of the two Mills is far more proven. He was decent when I saw him for Reading and looked like a leader so I'd be happy with that signing provided the price is right.

The most worrying thing for me is center midfield, I consider it the most important position on the pitch but also our weakest last season. We've never replaced the quality the likes of Speed and Campo brought there, and so long as Holden's sidelined I'm not confident. Hopefully Sanchez is the answer and we sign him but who knows.

Last year will be enjoyable provided we get back up, if we don't we'll be losing the few quality players we have left and be in dire trouble.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Until we sign some real class I won't be happy. Without Holden I simply don't see where the creativity is going to come from.

I reckon it will be more of the same for Bolton fans. Defeat and dispear.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Mark Davies is one of our more talented players. But until Coyle realises he's not a center midfielder then he's useless to us. He needs to be playing in a 451 so he doesn't have to take on any defensive responsibilities and he can concentrate on finding space, turning and running at opposition defences. I wouldn't sell him, I'd learn how to use him.

I'm sorry but we have to play 4-4-2 next season. We are one of the favourites and we need to get the ball down and attack teams.

I hope Coyle is finally going to unleash Sordell, a front six of:

Sordell Ngog/Davies

Petrov Andrews Holden Lee

quite excites me to be honest. Although Holden will no doubt be injured all season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Jake.

At the moment it is all a novelty being back in the Championship - if we are still here in 3 or 4 years watch the season ticket sales slump.

I must be one of the few who don't think we will simply walk out of this division, Wolves, Leicester, Boro and Cardiff will all be there or there abouts, with Leeds, Watford and Forest all being taken over with funds for players being made available to them, plus clubs like Huddersfield and Charlton eager to get back to back promotions like Norwich and Southampton in the previous two seasons.

Add to that the complete lack of game plan and tactical savvy from Coyle and the questionable ability of players such as Knight and Alonso, and the lack of Bogdan being able to claim crosses - then I think we will have many more problems this season than most other people think.

Anyway I don't want to spoil your first thread with my negativity, look forward to your views on all things Bolton - particularly Coyle.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I'm sorry but we have to play 4-4-2 next season. We are one of the favourites and we need to get the ball down and attack teams.

I hope Coyle is finally going to unleash Sordell, a front six of:

Sordell Ngog/Davies

Petrov Andrews Holden Lee

quite excites me to be honest. Although Holden will no doubt be injured all season.

That's the point though, without Holden 4-4-2 isn't very effective. I don't think 4-5-1 is necessarily a defensive formation with 2 wingers and M.Davies behind a striker, I'd just like to see Coyle change the formation depending on who we're playing.

I share your skepticism Sluffy, although I do think we'll be there or there abouts I can't see us walking it. The medical team need to sort it out and get Holden back, and Coyle needs to start learning from his mistakes. I wonder if the squad are still behind him? Some of the selections and tactics last year really were poor, I can't believe they're all 100% confident in him.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Jake, welcome to the forun. Good first post.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hi Jake.

Unfortunately I am as pessimistic as Sluffy about Coyle's ability to get us back up. However I have promised to give him 10 games before I start slagging him off.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope Coyle is able to imprint a more exciting style of play on the team at this level i really do.

When you look at what Swansea, Southampton, Reading, Blackpool have been able to do, it would be nice to see that kind of up tempo passing style in our team for a change.

won't hold my breath though.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I dont care if they kick their way out of it long as we win the league. Nothing else will make me happy,certainly dont want the worry of the play offs.
But we need a different manager to go up so i reckon we wont be going any where .I wont give him any games he,s proved to me he is useless already by taking us down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum