Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky speaks!

+2
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Parky speaks! Empty Parky speaks! Sat Jun 11 2016, 01:00

Make your own minds up.

He talks the usual glib talk you'd expect (as did Lennon as he started his non-woolly hat on the training ground crusade) and it all sounds spot on regarding "the running power of the team" and "the motivation and desire" and all that guff....

Interesting that he never once mentions Holdsworth though.

It's all about the Ken.

I genuinely, properly, desperately hope he can get the 11 on the pitch sorted into some kind of half-decent footballing unit and it all works out well.

Just still got my cynical doubts though.

I fear he's been sold a pup by the Snake Oil Salesman who exploited the fact that it was well known that Bradford's new German owners want Rosler and he's going to head into next season with his hands tied, after having jumped ship for what he thought hastily ( he admits that this has all happened in the last week) was a better option.

Good luck, Philip......you're gonna need it......

2Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Sat Jun 11 2016, 01:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read somewhere he only spent £7000 on transfers last season with Bradford so if that's the case he's used to working with tight finances and still somehow managed to do well

3Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Sat Jun 11 2016, 01:05

Seven grand?

Surely not...?

That's three day's work for Mark Davies.

Two of which were playing FIFA on his XBOX.......

4Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Sat Jun 11 2016, 01:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WTF does 7k get you in transfers? Shocked

5Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Sat Jun 11 2016, 05:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think each of our last three managers would have been far better off now had they stayed the fuck away.

Coyle had it all going for him at Burnley. He could have stayed there, got relegated, and still been far more respectable than he is currently.

Freedman was a hero at Palace. He was their Kevin Davies. Yes, they had their doubts about the style of play (who wouldn't) but he could have still walked out of there with his head held high.

Then there's Lennon who could have probably held out for a Premiership job or certainly one of the richer Championship sides, and possibly made a real name for himself.

You'd have to be really biased not to think Parkinson might have made a big cock up coming here. Although in fairness, at least there is the argument that Bradford have new (German) owners who were supposedly looking to bring in a director of football and possibly even a new manager (Rosler, another Kraut).

6Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Sat Jun 11 2016, 08:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I think each of our last three managers would have been far better off now had they stayed the fuck away.

Coyle had it all going for him at Burnley. He could have stayed there, got relegated, and still been far more respectable than he is currently.

Freedman was a hero at Palace. He was their Kevin Davies. Yes, they had their doubts about the style of play (who wouldn't) but he could have still walked out of there with his head held high.

Then there's Lennon who could have probably held out for a Premiership job or certainly one of the richer Championship sides, and possibly made a real name for himself.

You'd have to be really biased not to think Parkinson might have made a big cock up coming here. Although in fairness, at least there is the argument that Bradford have new (German) owners who were supposedly looking to bring in a director of football and possibly even a new manager (Rosler, another Kraut).

Still defending these shit managers Doffcocker, what a surprise. Yet one of our best and most important players of the last 20 years (Kevin Davies) took abuse from you on a weekly basis.

You really are a clueless gobshite.

7Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Sat Jun 11 2016, 11:04

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Seven grand?

Surely not...?

That's three day's work for Mark Davies.

Two of which were playing FIFA on his XBOX.......
The other one was in the treatment room

8Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Sun Jun 12 2016, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Interesting that he never once mentions Holdsworth though.

It's all about the Ken.

He was directly asked about meetings with Dean and Ken and his answer implied he has never met Deano which is a worry. 

Hope Deano is OK because it does seem as if he's become marginalised and hopefully that's not due to illness.

9Parky speaks! Empty Re: Parky speaks! Mon Jun 13 2016, 10:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson excited by fresh challenge at Bolton

New Bolton Wanderers manager Phil Parkinson says he is under no illusions at the size of the task ahead.

Chorley-born Parkinson was officially appointed as the club’s new manager on Friday, after Wanderers agreed a compensation package with fellow Sky Bet League One club Bradford City.

And speaking in his first official press conference as manager, Parkinson said the appeal of a new challenge at Macron Stadium is what swayed him to make the move after five years at helm at Valley Parade.

“I’m very pleased to come on board,” Parkinson said. “It’s a fantastic challenge, but one I’m really looking forward to.

“Personally, I feel this is a fresh challenge. I have been at Bradford for five years and enjoyed every minute of that, but when the opportunity came up to speak to Bolton I saw it as a club that have a fantastic platform to go forward again.

“The new owners at Bradford have been terrific and have handled this move professionally.

“For me, life is all about taking on challenges and this certainly is a tough one. That said, it’s one my staff and I are relishing and we can’t wait to get going.

“It didn’t take much of a sell from Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth. I’ve had a real good chat with them both and there are certainly plans in place to move the club forward. It sounds like a lot of the past problems are now in hand.

The Bolton Wanderers players are set to return to pre-season training in around two weeks, with a trip to Scandinavia also lined up ahead of the start of the Sky Bet League One season.

And Parkinson was quick to highlight his belief that work between now and season’s opener on August 6 will prove key if Wanderers are to make an immediate return to the second tier.

He added: “Every manager at the start of the season wants to be at the top of the league 12 months down the line. I’m no different, but before making any predictions or setting expectations, I need to see what squad we end up with when the transfer window closes.

“There’s a lot of work to be done. Some players may leave and hopefully we’ll be able to bring a lot of players in. We’ve got to work exceptionally hard alongside the board to build a squad that our supporters can be proud of.

“I know what it takes and the characteristics required to be at the top end of this division. We’re going to be working very hard to drill that in to our players.

“It’s an exciting challenge. I’ll be giving absolutely everything to put a smile on peoples’ faces, not just the supporters, but people who work for the club.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum