Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you foul your own player?

+5
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can you foul your own player? Empty Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 21:51

Bolton Nuts

Admin

What would happen if one player deliberately fouled a player on his own team? 
Is it a free kick? And who gets it? Does it depend on the situation?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 21:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah if it's a deliberate tackle then he opposition gets a free kick or penalty.

3Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 21:55

Why would you want to?

4Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 22:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:What would happen if one player deliberately fouled a player on his own team? 
Is it a free kick? And who gets it? Does it depend on the situation?

I guess so...!

Can you foul your own player? _79378542_dyervbowyer_getty

I would think depending on the circumstances the game would be played on if sort of an 'accidental' foul - two players running into each other, or stopped if like above a fight broke out.

I would guess the game would restart with a drop ball?

5Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 22:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

A fight yes the game would be stopped.  Accidental would play on. 
A dirty tackle. I guess woukd be unsporting behaviour. Yellow card.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 22:38

Biggie wrote:A fight yes the game would be stopped.  Accidental would play on. 
Why would you make a dirty tackle on your own teammate?

7Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 22:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you foul your own player? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDYAvEEPZ_aHn2aj4Txyell-uONYiuz-TdpGLk3JiAZ5EQW9JKmw

8Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 12 2016, 22:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

9Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Mon Jun 13 2016, 06:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barb Dwyer wrote:
Biggie wrote:A fight yes the game would be stopped.  Accidental would play on. 
Why would you make a dirty tackle on your own teammate?

He is Johnny Evans.

10Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Tue Jun 14 2016, 14:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm sure I've seen players red-carded for fighting their own team mates.

11Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Tue Jun 14 2016, 14:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I'm sure I've seen players red-carded for fighting their own team mates.
See post #4. Very Happy

12Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Sun Jun 19 2016, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The act of kicking or pushing a teammate in itself is not a foul under current legislation and the laws specify that it has to be on an opposing player, however the ref can take action if what happens is deemed to be a different offence e.g. unsporting behaviour, violent conduct, dissent or dangerous play.

Personally I reckon some players should get carded just for being a twat but the laws don't allow that either.

13Can you foul your own player? Empty Re: Can you foul your own player? Wed Jun 22 2016, 10:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I remember watching Fulham at Burnden, Best and Marsh playing for the visitors part way through they started tackling each other despite being on the same side. characters in every team not like the faceless ponces we watch today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum