Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers star Mark Davies a wanted man

+4
wanderlust
Norpig
whatsgoingon
karlypants
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two Championship clubs have voiced an interest in taking midfielder Mark Davies on loan next season, The Bolton News understands.

Wanderers will listen to offers for the 28-year-old, who remains one of the highest earners on their books, but ideally want to move him out on a permanent deal.

Davies wants to play at a higher level and was touted to MLS clubs at the end of last season without success.

Sources at the Macron claim two second-tier sides have enquired in the last few weeks about what it would cost to loan the free-roaming midfielder for the final year of his contract.

Despite several injury problems interrupting his Bolton career, Davies is not without his admirers and finished last season strongly, missing only a handful of games from New Year onwards.

Wanderers expect Davies back in with the rest of the squad for pre-season fitness testing at the end of the week, with full training underway next Monday.

Davies came within a whisker of joining Sheffield Wednesday in January before the Owls pulled the plug, citing fitness concerns. That prompted a bitter wrangle between the two clubs and the player’s representative, Will Salthouse, and a complaint to the Football League.

The move had previously been stalled by a disagreement between Davies and Wanderers over the amount of money he was owed on the remainder of his contract.

Wanderers have claimed several times this summer they are not under severe pressure to move out players on bigger contracts but want to give new boss Phil Parkinson the best possible budget with which to work.

Wigan Athletic have already touched base about a loan deal for captain Darren Pratley but have indicated it will not be fully investigated until the end of the transfer window.

Wanderers continue to work towards getting their transfer embargo lifted but were dealt a blow earlier this week when Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey put back a crucial meeting with co-owner Ken Anderson to June 27, just three days before the window opens.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed by Companies House that former Wanderers director Richard Gee officially resigned his position on May 6.

The 53-year-old was heavily involved with various commercial property deals conducted by the Whites over the last decade but is now no longer connected to the club or any of its subsidiaries.

Source

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is where we get to see how good an agent Ken Anderson is, if he can shift Davies he has earned my respect.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the problem will be his wages, he won't want a drop in wages so i bet we end up subsidising them if he does move on

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two clubs asking how much we'd subsidise Davies's wages if they loan him - when they know we are desperately skint - hardly makes him "a wanted man".
More like a bargain bucket commodity.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

"Wanted Man" ....possibly by the FBI ?

I was one who always hoped his potential would come through, however at 28 and injury prone....time to cut our losses if possible.  I think his injuries have dun him in as far as his career goes.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote: I think his injuries have dun him in as far as his career goes.

Bad attitude and wasted talent, he has fallen back on the injuries as an excuse.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Spends most of his time in the treatment room and when he's on the pitch he's anonymous 95% of the time. A shame really because he had the potential for so much more, but I certainly won't be sorry to see the back of him. It's time for some other clubs doctor to look after him now.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get rid, I used to have high hopes for him

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Get rid, I used to have high hopes for him
I did too but whilst I think there are flaws in his attitude and fitness, another big problem has been the ever decreasing quality around him. Great players generally play better alongside great players who are on the same wavelength and read the game the same way.
In mitigation to him it must be frustrating when most of the good things you do are wasted because your team mates can't read the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum