Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Facebook the home of the mindless?

+3
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is Facebook the home of the mindless? Empty Is Facebook the home of the mindless? Sat Jun 25 2016, 12:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't do Facebook.  I simply don't get it.

Ok I'm from a generation before FB existed and never grew up in an era where I felt the need to show a picture of my car/dog/lunch/shoes/baby/funny shaped carrot/or anything else for the whole world to see.

During the referendum though (certainly in the area that I am in) apparently word had been put on FB that polling stations had been issued with pencils (instead of pens) for people to mark their ballot papers because once the poll had closed, the ballot boxes would be opened and secretly numbers of people would rub out the pencil crosses in the 'wrong' box and put a new one in the 'right' box - a government conspiracy I was told, as 'they' already knew what the outcome would be.

I am aware of people coming into the polling stations and asking why pens were not provided to mark the ballot paper (they never have - it is usually a stubby black pencil often tied to the voting booth with a bit of string to stop people wandering off with them) and people even queuing up amongst themselves to share a pen that someone had brought in to specially mark their ballot paper with.

I actually thought people were pulling my leg when I was first told this but I later saw these things happening for myself.

Of course most people may not be aware of the process of what happens after they put their vote in the ballot box until it is emptied out in the public hall to be counted but surely common sense should have told people that it would take an army of people to rub out hundred of thousands of votes in order to influence of the election and that that number of people would hardly be able to keep it a secret unto themselves?

I still to this day can't believe the sheer gullibility of people who accept as gospel something they have read on the internet no matter how stupid it seems.

Has society in general dumbed down because many people seem to let social media live their lives for them or is it me being an old dinosaur and simply outdated in the way I simply don't take what I read on social media as fact all the time?

One of the women in the Polling Station told me about it on Thursday evening and I thought she was joking at first.

And at the risk of rehashing a comment I made on here on Thursday night, it just shows how many of the Leave brigade had never set foot inside a Polling Station before Thursday.

As for FB, I don't do it either.

But it's clearly a powerful tool for manipulating the terminally stupid.....

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Facebook the home of the mindless? Facebook-fails-part2-24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How many of the remain brigade also had ever stepped foot in a voting station?

No idea but I'm willing to bet it was far less than the Leave lot.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All that the remainers have done on here is call people thick or stupid for voting out. Literally haven't seen anything else from them. 

Weak

Boggersbelief wrote:All that the remainers have done on here is call people thick or stupid for voting out. Literally haven't seen anything else from them. 

Weak

If someone genuinely believes that their ballot paper will be spirited away, their vote rubbed out and switched to a different box in the very narrow window of opportunity between the (sealed) ballot boxes leaving the Polling Station and being delivered to the Counting House.....

....then they are fucking stupid.

And deserve any ridicule they receive.

In fact, I wouldn't let the retarded fuckers ever vote again because they are obviously too brain dead to deserve a say in how the country's run.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boggersbelief wrote:All that the remainers have done on here is call people thick or stupid for voting out. Literally haven't seen anything else from them. 

Weak

I posed this genuine question earlier today and not a single Brexit fan has responded. Perhaps you would like to.

"I honestly would like to know why you think that anything supported by Farage, Boris, Gove, The Sun and The Daily Mail and opposed by all the leaders of the other political parties, most Labour MPs and virtually all experts is likely to be good for ordinary people. Unless you are rich and right wing I just don't understand."

I'm still waiting for KP to give us an insight into why he voted Leave.

As one of the most animated proponents of the "Vote Leave" message on here who was quite vocal in the run up about "taking back our borders" and "tackling immigration", you'd have thought he would have been happy to share his thoughts when asked (repeatedly) yesterday.

Perhaps he's just too busy shopping with his Thai wife to respond.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you've got a Thai you can come in.

Sorry. Embarassed

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I voted leave for a very good reason.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lard Lad wrote:I voted leave for a very good reason.

Do feel free to elaborate.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:How many of the remain brigade also had ever stepped foot in a voting station?

Well said.:clap:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope KP doesn't reply to Breadman with his sly digs about his " Thai wife "comment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum