Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the National Anthem shit?

+5
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
doffcocker
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 20:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've all seen/heard the rants.

"Really pisses me off when these ponces don't sing the national anthem, blah blah blah..."

Part of me feels very much the same, part of me thinks it's a shit song, a stupid song, with stupid lyrics. I mean "God save our gracious Queen..."? Who gives a fuck about the queen? I know I don't.

Is it really that important to you to see these people sing this song? Discuss.

2Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 21:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Is it really that important to you to see these people sing this song? Discuss.

Definitely if they want to lead the Labour party Smile

3Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:11

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

An absolute dreary national anthem and I'm pretty pro Royal family.

Our national anthem should be Land of Hope and Glory.

4Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It's good enough for Liechtenstein...... 

5Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree Copper Land of hope and Glory is better

6Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a Republican. They can all piss off.

Is the National Anthem shit? Queen-toilet-paper_zps313a14b2

7Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can be anywhere in Bolton within an hour Bonce.

8Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm in Warrington. Razz

9Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm in Warrington. Razz
I think.

10Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:31

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I'm in Warrington. Razz

Well I'll be the one wearing a Widnes shirt in an hour and half then.

11Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a Salford supporter. Very Happy

12Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Mon Jun 27 2016, 23:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billy Connolly suggested the theme from The Archers.

13Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 00:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There aren't many more nationalistically-themed songs than Jerusalem but it does have a sense of purpose and could lead to a boom in the construction industry if taken literally - which is often the case with national anthems.

14Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 05:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should have a referendum to see if it's suitable.

15Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 07:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It was first written in 1746 after the English victory at Culloden and the fifth verse goes:

Lord grant that Marshall Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring
May he sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush
God save the Queen.

In the light of what wee Nickla Sturgeon is up to north of the border, perhaps they should just sing this verse from now on.

(PS Google Marshall Wade yourselves!!)

16Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 09:09

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:We should have a referendum to see if it's suitable.
But anyone out of work, watches Jeremy Kyle or drinks Tennants Super shouldn't be allowed to vote

anyway we won't need to hear it again for a while now  Crying or Very sad

17Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 09:17

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:It was first written in 1746 after the English victory at Culloden and the fifth verse goes:

May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring
May he sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
God save the Queen.

In the light of what wee Nickla Sturgeon is up to north of the border, perhaps they should just sing this verse from now on.

To be fair the Scottish "anthem" is a reference to Scotland's one victory in a battle over the English

18Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 09:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

whatsgoingon wrote:
rammywhite wrote:It was first written in 1746 after the English victory at Culloden and the fifth verse goes:

May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring
May he sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
God save the Queen.

To be fair the Scottish "anthem" is a reference to Scotland's one victory in a battle over the English
Not technically accurate -there have been a few more. Apart form Bannockburn (June 23rd and 24th 1314) there was Prestonpans (21st September 1745)and then more recently Wembley in 1967 just after England had won the World Cup. But although this is a football forum perhaps we should keep quiet about that in the light of more recent events.

19Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 09:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This is the one..... 

20Is the National Anthem shit? Empty Re: Is the National Anthem shit? Tue Jun 28 2016, 12:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum