Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tour de France 2016

+8
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
whatsgoingon
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Must see VIDEO clip .

This actually happened in the Tour yesterday!

A cyclist Adam Yates (English) was racing at the end of the stage to gain just 7 seconds in order to go into second place overall when he passed under the inflatable marker that is positioned with only 1 kilometre to go at the end of every daily stage of the Tour.

It is so funny (although the poor bloke did get hurt) - so I do feel a little guilty about it.

It was an absolutely fantastic stage yesterday with so many things going on.

Interesting to see that the race officials took the lead he had over the peleton into account and awarded him second place overall anyway.

22The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 13:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:You find it funny when someone gets hurt?

Mate I'm not playing your game.

Your trolling is getting personal now and as without question started to hurt the site.

If you don't like me or anyone else then please ignore them - people don't come here to read about you being argumentative or abusive to others.

Enjoy the site but at the same time please don't spoil it for others.

Nuts is for everybody's amusement and not that everybody is here just for your personal amusement.

Thank you.

Personal? When have I ever been personal?

23The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 13:13

It's personal in the sense that you and your equally boring mate just spend your time following certain contributors round, trying to stir up shit.

Because you find it funny.

But it's really not.

24The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 13:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:It's personal in the sense that you and your equally boring mate just spend your time following certain contributors round, trying to stir up shit.

But it's really not.

I'm not causing shit just because I challenge what you say.

I think you're a nasty little man

25The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 13:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Interesting to see that the race officials took the lead he had over the peleton into account and awarded him second place overall anyway.

It is an existing rule that the times are taken of the riders at the 3 kilometre to go point and if anything untowards happens at the end of the race - usually a mass pile up when people are racing for the line - then they at least have a way of awarding the race and respective time differences between riders.

Yates (who is from Bury btw) could have made a few more seconds over his rivals to the line if he had not been brought down - or might have been caught - nobody can say, so using the 3km times does seem to be the fairest way to sort out what as happened.

In fact it really isn't such a big thing as there is a long way to go in the Tour overall and a few seconds here or there between yates and his rival for second position in the Tour yesterday is quite meaningless - neither will be that high up come Paris n a couple of weeks time.

Big shout out to Steve Cummings (England) who was amazing in winning yesterdays stage and Mark Cavandish (England) who has already won three stages on the Tour so far when most people (me included) thought that he would struggle against the two big German sprinters.

26The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 13:33

Boggersbelief wrote:
Breadman wrote:It's personal in the sense that you and your equally boring mate just spend your time following certain contributors round, trying to stir up shit.

But it's really not.

I'm not causing shit just because I challenge what you say.

I think you're a nasty little man

Challenge what's said then, point out where a poster is wrong as opposed to a series of digs made up of 4 or 5 word posts. 

The Tory leadership thread is a perfect example of you disagree say why, it's all part of the thread.

27The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I couldn't care less about cycling now. It's still a drug infested mess and frankly the entire 'sport' is so riddled with corruption and cheating that it doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

28The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I couldn't care less about cycling now. It's still a drug infested mess and frankly the entire 'sport' is so riddled with corruption and cheating that it doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

It's probably far cleaner now than the Olympics is - and the whole world will be tuning into that in a few weeks time.

If you think any top end professional athlete of any sport isn't somehow enhancing their performance by medical help either legally or illegally then I think you would be very much in the minority these days.

29The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 14:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I couldn't care less about cycling now. It's still a drug infested mess and frankly the entire 'sport' is so riddled with corruption and cheating that it doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

It's probably far cleaner now than the Olympics is - and the whole world will be tuning into that in a few weeks time.

If you think any top end professional athlete of any sport isn't somehow enhancing their performance by medical help either legally or illegally then I think you would be very much in the minority these days.

No mate, I'm not daft enough to believe any sport is clean but cycling was so blatantly corrupt at such a high level for so long that I just don't have any faith left in it now. In fact I used to love watching the Tour on TV and could tell you who was King of The Mountain, who had the green jersey and yellow jersey and who was in with a shout every year but then the cracks started to appear until finally Lance "Oprah" Armstrong admitted he'd not just done drugs himself, he'd put his entire team on them. He wasn't even close to being alone and as yet more came out about it I just lost faith in the sport ever being honest again so now I can't be bothered to watch it.

In a similar vein I still view cricket, especially when India and Pakistan are playing with a suspicious eye and wonder if that no-ball was really an accident or did a bookie order it? I know they're far from alone, that players from England, SA and Australia have also been proven to be corrupt but the management of the Indian game in particular seems to think they're perfectly OK to be that way. In truth I find it hard to have much faith in any major sport now, at least in terms of honesty. Money has very definitely corrupted football, cricket, tennis, rugby, cycling, baseball, basketball, American football and most other sports. It's a shame and I don't know if there's any feasible way to reverse it.

30The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 15:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The answer then is just to do what I do Peter, you treat sport as entertainment rather than something meaningful and serious.

That's why I like the Tour, anything and everything can and does happen on it.  It is at the mercy of the public and any idiot can stop the race or knock a cyclist over.

Who would ever have thought the inflatable would have brought down a rider going at full pelt.

A team bus got stuck under the finishing line banner a year or two ago - just before the riders got there!

It is all so wonderfully random at times!

The winner yesterday rode so well that the judges sent an infra-red scanner to monitor his bike (whilst he was riding it) just to check there wasn't a motor in it emitting heat!

It's all pure theatre and there to be enjoyed by anyone who doesn't take it all to seriously.

31The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sat Jul 09 2016, 20:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Been away since the start, this will be a plus when I get home. Would love to see another true Little Englander win but I'll take Froome, especially if that lazy twat Sterling can pull an England shirt on!
Do you think BSA would snot him if he was his manager? I do. cheers

32The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sun Jul 10 2016, 08:45

Fantastic work from Froome yesterday.

Nobody (not even his bosses at Sky) saw that coming because attacking in the manner he did (on a steep descent) doesn't normally happen.

Largely because it's fucking dangerous.

It takes real bottle to do what he did yesterday and he deserves enormous credit.

33The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sun Jul 10 2016, 10:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Fantastic work from Froome yesterday.

Nobody (not even his bosses at Sky) saw that coming because attacking in the manner he did (on a steep descent) doesn't normally happen.

Largely because it's fucking dangerous

It takes real bottle to do what he did yesterday and he deserves enormous credit.

He went a bit fast on a bicycle. Let's just calm it down a touch

34The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sun Jul 10 2016, 11:12

Is this the new act?

A slight improvement, I must admit, but still not brilliant.

What he actually did was go very fast down a steep hill (with sheer drops on the other side of a low wall), negotiating a series of very tight bends, whilst crouching over his frame and pedalling like mad.

If you get that wrong there's a strong chance you will get seriously injured if not killed.

I wouldn't have the stones to do it and I like to think that I'm quite a proficient road cyclist.

So hat's off to him I say.

35The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Sun Jul 10 2016, 12:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a big fan of cycling as a sport,but as a long time cyclist myself,I can tell you that what he did was pretty impressive.
Amazing how easy things look when you're that good.

36The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Mon Jul 11 2016, 09:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Contador has quit with a fever. It's looking good for Froome.

37The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Mon Jul 11 2016, 11:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:Contador has quit with a fever. It's looking good for Froome.

Contador has been off form this Tour so was not the biggest threat to Froome, that is the Colombian Nairo Quintana.

Early days yet and anything can happen over the next two weeks.

Today (and next Monday also) is a rest day.

38The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Mon Jul 11 2016, 11:38

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I like watching cycling in the Olympics because you know who's won at the end of the race (apart from the keirin which baffles me), I can't get into the Tour De France because it all seems very confusing with who's leading

39The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Mon Jul 11 2016, 11:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It is all easy enough.

The Keirin's winner is the first past the post.

In the Tour (or stage races) it is the rider who takes the shortest time aggregated over the whole race who wins.

The leader on aggregated time at the end of every day is given a distinctive coloured jersey (yellow for the Tour) to race in the next day.

40The Tour de France 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tour de France 2016 Thu Jul 14 2016, 16:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chris Froome RUNNING up the mountain after crash into camera motor bike smashes his cycle up!

https://twitter.com/redlandsClassic/status/753606125614800896/video/1

Tour de France - pure theatre!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum