Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers complete deal for Blackburn Rovers midfielder Taylor

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC have completed the signing of Chris Taylor on a free transfer. He's signed a two-year deal.

First signing for over 9 months

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

By all accounts a decent acquisition, I'd like Beevers too but don't know enough about proctor to get excited about him.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My barber is a Bradford fan and he's not very happy about him leaving

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A YouTube clip of him scoring a couple of goals and an extra goal from one of the Icelandic players who beat us!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers complete deal for Blackburn Rovers midfielder Taylor

WANDERERS have completed a deal for ex-Blackburn Rovers midfielder Chris Taylor.

The 29-year-old penned a two-year deal, becoming Phil Parkinson’s first signing at the Macron Stadium.

It ends an incredible 290-day wait for Wanderers fans since their last permanent transfer, goalkeeper Paul Rachubka, in September last year.

In midweek the Football League gave their blessing to chairman Ken Anderson to press ahead with Taylor’s medical, which was completed this morning.

Wanderers have also got another deal lined up for ex-Bradford City striker Jamie Proctor and hope to have it completed by Sunday evening.

But The Bolton News understands the club will still be operating within restrictions laid down by the league – which could mean “one in, one out” for the foreseeable future.

Taylor spent the end of last season on loan at Millwall, where he knocked Parkinson’s Bradford side out of the play-offs at the semi-final stage.

“We’re delighted to welcome Chris to the club,” Parkinson said. “He’s an excellent first signing for us and he gives us real quality in the wide areas.

“He’s someone we’ve tracked for a while, so it’s great to get the deal over the line. He’s an excellent character and plays with real desire. I’m sure he’ll fit straight into the squad.

“We came up against him in the play-offs at Bradford last season and I’ve known of him for some time going back to his days at Oldham.

“Chris will be on the plane with us on Sunday when we head out to Sweden. That’ll be a good opportunity for his to integrate into our squad.”

Taylor played more than 250 games for his hometown club Oldham before moving to Millwall on a one-year deal in 2012.

He then moved on to Blackburn, making 58 appearances at Ewood Park before returning to The Den on loan last term.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If it one in one out then I think it's going to be a difficult summer for Phil. The players we'd probably most need to rid ourselves of are the ones who are least likely to go and it will be hard to find better quality replacements for the likes of, say Clough or Vela both willing to play at this level and affordable to us. That said we have already released quite a few and hopefully the League will let us replace at least some of them without having to sell what quality we have left.

Ultimately though I'm quite pleased to see some progress is being made on the embargo and the fact we're now able to sign anyone at all is definitely a positive step in the right direction.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum