Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers boss defends cup changes after exit at Blackpool

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has no regrets about making seven changes to his starting line-up for Tuesday night’s defeat at Blackpool.

The Whites boss was disappointed his side had failed to take their chances against Blackpool but believes by offering experience to the likes of Tom Walker and Alex Finney and game time to Ben Amos and Liam Trotter the benefits outweighed the potential risks.

“It’s important that the whole squad was utilised because we are going to need them this season,” he told The Bolton News.

“We changed the team as a lot of clubs did for the competition and though I think we played well, I am disappointed to have gone out.

“I’m most disappointed for the travelling army of fans. We did everything we could, we just couldn’t kill the game off.”

Finney played his first game since April, and only his second senior start at the heart of defence. Parkinson was relatively pleased with his performance.

“It was a big ask of Alex to come in but at 19-20 years of age he has to step up to the plate,” he said.

“The two goals we conceded in that five minute period, they are decisive moments in games. When you have the dominance we had, it’s about staying focused and making sure you do the basics in your game well.

“We went a bit slack. It was only then we started feeling sorry for ourselves that we didn’t put the ball in the back of the net."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum