Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I think there's been a rape up there

+4
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
largehat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I think there's been a rape up there Empty I think there's been a rape up there Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:23 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We all have our favourite TV comedies over the years. But every now and then you're reminded of a line from such a show which you know will live forever and sums up what the show was about.

One of my very favourite shows was The Office (not the US one, the original). In series 1 episode 4, the training day episode, David Brent is doing his best to assert his authority over the external trainer who has come in to lead the session.

They take turns in doing a role-play playing a customer and a hotel desk clerk so as to emphasise to the group an example of poor customer service.

For me, this scene will live forever and will be referred back to for a hundred years, or however long it is people care about comedy.

Can you distill your favourite comedy down to just one beautiful line which sums it all up for you? Do fork handles or dead parrots float your boat?

Last edited by largehat on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I've just realised the scope of this might be a bit narrow, also feel free to share your favourite sitcom scenes.)

2I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

flowery twats

3I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

4I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha! I was just watching that rape clip as Gervais mentioned it on twitter.

absolutely fantastic.

5I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This always makes me smile -

6I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Friday Night Dinner has to be my current favourite and perhaps one of the funniest shows I have seen.

Obviously "Jim" the neighbour is the highlight.

This is my type of comedy, the awkwardness - the realness! Love this and the office, also liked extras for a long time.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rising Damp. Rigsby is in the pub waiting for his blind date, he thinks he's found her when he gets talking to an attractive young woman. Turns out she has just got married and this is her wedding reception. He makes several crude comments which makes the bride run to her mother for comfort, her mother being the wonderful Joan Sanderson.

The bride's mother approaches Rigsby to tell him off, she taps him on the shoulder and he turns round with a look of sheer terror on his face thinking the mother is his blind date and says - when you said 'early twenties', I didn't know you meant 1920s.

I think there's been a rape up there Joan+sanderson

8I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This sketch always makes me chuckle. Rock on Tommy!

https://youtu.be/RtWuV5b-iyg

9I think there's been a rape up there Empty Re: I think there's been a rape up there Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:34 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"I'm off for a chat with the Arabs...Mustafa Crap!" Jim Royle, Royle Family

"Crucifixion? Goooood. Line on the left, one cross each!" Life of Brian.

Mrs Merton: "Does your wife watch Supermarket Sweep?" to Dale Winton.

"(I love Lisa Stansfield, she's so amazing)...and what else is really good, right, is she didn't do very well at school with grades and that, and it doesn't look like I will either!" Janine the Teenager, The Fast Show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum