You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Town and District » Childhod Memories

Childhod Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 04:53

Andylad


David Ngog
David Ngog
Does anybody remember a futuristic kind of sweet shop in the Arndale Centre near to the Bradshawgate entrance? Think it was called THE SWEET FACTORY, or something, used to have lots of large plastic dispeners, in globe shapes and stuff.You served yourself then paid at the counter (I think) .Don't think it was there that long.

2 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 12:36

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't bring it to mind Andy,all I know is that I've shopped in this one.
Welcome to Nuts. Unless you're a certain naughty boy. No names etc.....

3 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 14:57

Cajunboy

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
When I was a child there was no such thing as an Arndale Centre.

4 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 15:59

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Cajunboy wrote:When I was a child there was no such thing as an Arndale Centre.
 it was all fields round there  Very Happy

5 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 22:43

Andylad


David Ngog
David Ngog
boltonbonce     Hmmm.....no not that one....it may have actually been called \"THE CANDY FACTORY"....deffo in the Arndale Centre, prob late 80s Smile wrote:Can't bring it to mind Andy,all I know is that I've shopped in this one.
Welcome to Nuts. Unless you're a certain naughty boy. No names etc.....

6 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 22:45

Andylad


David Ngog
David Ngog
Hmm...no, not that one, it may been called "THE CANDY FACTORY", deffo in the Arndale, though Smile

7 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:10

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Andylad wrote:
boltonbonce     Hmmm.....no not that one....it may have actually been called \"THE CANDY FACTORY"....deffo in the Arndale Centre, prob late 80s wrote:Can't bring it to mind Andy,all I know is that I've shopped in this one.
Welcome to Nuts. Unless you're a certain naughty boy. No names etc.....
It's that Bonceys new username? It's massive.  Very Happy

8 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:14

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bloody hell. Might give that one to Archie.

9 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:22

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He'll think about it for a bit and then decide that he doesn't like it.

And then change his mind.

And call RT stupid.

10 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:32

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Both his tips were non runners today. He didn't have another go.

Wouldn't put it past him to complain because I didn't give him a lucky dip.

11 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:38

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You're in bother now.

Wouldn't want to be in your shoes when the dust settles.

Can you not just pretend that it came in second and pay him 40p for an E/W place?

12 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:49

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:You're in bother now.

Wouldn't want to be in your shoes when the dust settles.

Can you not just pretend that it came in second and pay him 40p for an E/W place?
Rules are rules. I let him know his horses were non runners,and for whatever reason,he failed to post again.
If he complains,I'll fetch him a right punch up the bracket.
I'm walking off with the title this month anyway.

13 Re: Childhod Memories on Fri Aug 26 2016, 23:52

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
boltonbonce wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:You're in bother now.

Wouldn't want to be in your shoes when the dust settles.

Can you not just pretend that it came in second and pay him 40p for an E/W place?
Rules are rules. I let him know his horses were non runners,and for whatever reason,he failed to post again.
If he complains,I'll fetch him a right punch up the bracket.
I'm walking off with the title this month anyway.
Never mind the title. I'll be happy if I could just pick one horse that actually places. I don't know how you do it. I couldn't pick a winner if my life depended on it.

14 Re: Childhod Memories on Thu Feb 02 2017, 12:01

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
When I were a lad we were forced to go out to work from the age of 8 and I found myself on a building site lugging bricks around and mixing mortar for two bastard brickies who were on piece rate and shouted at me when I couldn't keep up. It was particularly tough when the buildings reached the second floor because I could only manage 2 bricks at a time clambering up the old wooden ladders. By the time I got down again they were screaming for more. Eventually I noticed a couple of bits of board in the corner of the site which I nailed together on top of a bit of 2 x 2 and found that I could stack it with 10 bricks at a time and lug it over my shoulder whilst I climbed up the ladder.
Ah...childhod memories....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum