Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies out for the rest of the season

+9
To Be Frank
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Bolton Nuts
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
DEANO82
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been confirmed that mark Davies will miss the rest of the season.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Is he out of contract at end of season?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If KA has any money behind him pay him up and get an extra space to fill, we have to treat him anyway. Lost any time or respect for him after the Sheffield Wednesday debacle and as usual we're paying him a fortune for fuck all return. The sooner he's off the books the better, I don't wish serious injury to anyone including him but am fucked off that once again he's an £18k a week liability.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

Very worrying news over Mark Davies. Ruptured his cruciate ligament, described to me tonight as a "very, very bad injury."

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think career over for Mavies. Is Holden available?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:I think career over for Mavies. Is Holden available?
I think it's game over too, too many serious injuries, that's the worst injury ACL in both knees now isn't it

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Do they just let them rot on the settee or are they compelled to turn their hand to other tasks like in the community or ambassadorial type roles? Seems a lot of money for doing little. What about insurance, or did that disappear with Stu Holden?

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Doubt we could have got an insurance company stupid enough to cover him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies has been a disaster, a rare combination of injury prone ponce and utter shite.

For years people have been telling me he's a good player, can change a game at any moment. In reality he's been more anonymous than any BWFC player of the last 5 years.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but this will be a blessing in disguise, trust me.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least he is out of contract at the end of this season, we can finally let him go. I wish him well but he has been a passenger for years and hasn't fulfilled his potential

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Mark Davies has been a disaster, a rare combination of injury prone ponce and utter shite.

For years people have been telling me he's a good player, can change a game at any moment. In reality he's been more anonymous than any BWFC player of the last 5 years.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but this will be a blessing in disguise, trust me.
before last season I would have taken issue with this and fought his corner but last season he was mainly injury free and contributed less than he did off the treatment table.
How anyone with his fabled talent could play in the championship and contribute as many 4/10 performances as he did is a disgrace..
Add to that the Sheffield Wednesday issue where when we were right on the brink he still held us to ransom, when he could have repayed a tiny fraction of the millions of pounds wages and thousands of pounds of treatment he's had by fucking off but once again as per the last 7 years he is now an expensive drain on massively stretched resources.

To Be Frank

To Be Frank
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Thought Mavies and Clough could have ripped this league apart this season but like many have already said he doesn't turn up most games.

One thing I have to wonder is whether Mavies was to blame for the injury on himself. He was running full pelt across the pitch towards a ball that wasn't his to win and then his leg gets caught. I just wonder with Mavies whether some of his injuries could have been avoided with a bit of the old common sense. 

Same with Wilshere at Arsenal, same kind of rash "stick the boot in" challenges.

N'mind though eh Mavies, you'll get paid chunks a money just for sitting around watching daytime TV. Good work if you can get it. Wouldn't mind a job like that myself.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Clough is so injury prone we would be better off selling him.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:Clough is so injury prone we would be better off selling him.
With the money being thrown around in the championship if someone came up with 3 + bonuses I'd be tempted.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies to miss rest of the season with cruciate ligament injury

Mark Davies will miss the rest of the 2016/17 season after sustaining a cruciate ligament injury against Charlton Athletic on Saturday afternoon.

The midfielder was stretchered from the field of play shortly after half time at The Valley, but will now be sidelined for the duration of the current campaign.

Speaking following confirmation of the news, manager Phil Parkinson said, “We’re so disappointed with the new about Mark – he’s been terrific since we came in and since the start of pre-season.

“We really feel for him, but we’ll get him the best treatment we can and fingers crossed, he’ll come back stronger than ever. It’s a massive blow for us and him though.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

We'll pay his massively extortionate wages, pay for the best treatment possible and let him put his feet up for the season as usual. After all that he pisses off with the fortune he's earned from us. He's contributed nothing of note to this club and has been nothing but a drain on dwindling finances. I also agree with WGO about the whole Sheffield Wednesday debacle, the lad lost all my remaining respect at that point. Can't wait until he's officially off the books. Good riddance.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Speaking following confirmation of the news, manager Phil Parkinson said, “We’re so disappointed with the new about Mark – he’s been terrific since we came in and since the start of pre-season.

This is the same utter crap Bolton managers have been spouting for several seasons now. I've never known a player get so many plaudits despite being utter shit on the pitch.

Mavies represents everything that is bad about BWFC, hopefully this will be his final season on our books. But you really wouldn't put it past some bellend at the club to offer him a new contract.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The article in the news section re deadline day transfers implies that in order to sign the three players Anderson wants, three will have to leave or go out on loan.

Surely this is the perfect opportunity to end Mavies' contract (by mutual consent?) and do a deal with him that allows him access to the facilities whilst he recuperates but leaves as soon as he's better?

We're stuck with his wage bill anyway so we might as well pay him off now and if Anderson is serious about bringing in three players today, the first person he needs to have a chat with is surely Mavies.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

This is the same utter crap Bolton managers have been spouting for several seasons now. I've never known a player get so many plaudits despite being utter shit on the pitch.

Mavies represents everything that is bad about BWFC, hopefully this will be his final season on our books. But you really wouldn't put it past some bellend at the club to offer him a new contract.
I think this could be the end of him, an ACL in one knee is difficult enough to get back to anything like your best from this is his second one.
Fortunately he's got millions in the bank.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum