Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lobster

+3
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lobster Empty Lobster Fri Jul 13 2012, 17:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lobsters are so appetising to look at, I'm desperate to sample one. But I refuse to eat something that has been boiled to death. Considering they scream for up to seven minutes in the pan, I don't buy into the idea that they don't feel pain.
I've now asked two supermarket "fishmongers" how their lobsters were murdered, and neither had a clue - I think I was the joke of Horwich ASDA staffroom when I asked there.
If I could be reassured they were killed humanely (knife in the back, THEN boiled), I'd get one.

Do you eat lobster or does being a generally nice person get in the way for you also? Or have you found somewhere that sells humanely killed lobsters, in which case I'd like to know about it?

2Lobster Empty Re: Lobster Fri Jul 13 2012, 17:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never had Lobster in my life though I'm told it's great.

I almost had it last time i was in Vegas but opted against it.

Apologies I can't answer your question though!

3Lobster Empty Re: Lobster Fri Jul 13 2012, 20:26

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lobster is absolutely lovely but you can't beat getting a live one to cook for yourself.

I think most of the Lobster's that you buy have been frozen (virtually straight away after being caught) and then boiled. That's as humane as you're going to get but it can affect the meat by making it tough.

If you get a live one then a large chefs knife right through the head just behind the eyes is the best way and then a nice gentle boil.

4Lobster Empty Re: Lobster Fri Jul 13 2012, 20:40

i can't do it, the eyes bore into me everytime i see one.

5Lobster Empty Re: Lobster Fri Jul 13 2012, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lobster is lovely to eat - if you like prawns then I'm sure you will like lobster too.

I don't get to eat it that often so I'm happy to eat it anyway that it was killed!

6Lobster Empty Re: Lobster Sat Jul 14 2012, 00:20

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I eat alot of lobster fresh from the sea, it is normally 2hrs from boat to pan.
A knife in the back of the head does the trick and it is a quick death.
Lovely with garlic butter.

7Lobster Empty Re: Lobster Sat Jul 14 2012, 19:03

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Whats the point, just let the fuckers be.

8Lobster Empty Re: Lobster Sun Jul 15 2012, 14:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lobsters don't scream. It's the trapped air escaping from their shell just the same as an electric kettle when it reaches boiling point.

I love Lobster. If any posters are on holiday in Spain anywhere near Torrevieja and fancy lobster then head for the Den Angel ( The Angel ) lobster restaurant just down the road at La Xenia. You pick your own from a giant tank. They put the knife through their skull and kill them instantly. If you don't fancy lobster they also do Argentinian fillet steak.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum