Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Actors

+7
Lyric Todkill
Angry Dad
chipbutty
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Actors  Empty Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 01:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

99% of actors/actresses are wankers. You can't argue with facts.

I despise how they get asked a basic question about their latest film and their answer has to be a ten minute profile of the character they play that includes a million adjectives they know the viewing public won't understand or even recognise.

But the point of this thread is for us to discuss which are the most detestable.

Here's Stockport bred Joanne Whalley on The Word in 1991 (gotta love Terry Christian):

And here's Meg Ryan on Parkinson:

These two stand out to me as particular disgraces in these particular interviews, although there are the likes of Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe that seem to embarrass themselves everywhere they go.

You don't need to find a video to back yourself up...which actors/actresses do you hate?

2Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 10:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't rally hate any actors or actresses, but everytime I see Ewan McGregor I reach for the remote. He talks up every film he's in like it's the best film since his last one. They're all shite.

You gotta love Will Smith, the guy is a brilliant actor and a brilliant interviewee.

3Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 12:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Danny Dyer, Jason Statham, GEARRRAD BUTLAR. Absolutely horrific actors.

I basically hate any actor who is type cast as a "cockney gangster" or a "ARRDD MAN."

I really hate Ray Winstone too.

4Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Danny Dyer, Jason Statham, GEARRRAD BUTLAR. Absolutely horrific actors.

300 is a brilliant film with amazing performances. Remove Butler from your list please.

5Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 14:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nicolas cage, though I am a fan of Con-air I think he is a very cringeworthy actor.

6Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 14:50

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Actors, by the very meaning of the word should be able to play any part, on the big screen or stage, that is if they really can act. Most Hollywood actors just play the same character (more or less) but in a different film.

An example of a good actor in my opinion is Johnny Depp. I love him in 'Pirates' but he is equally good in Chocolate (spelling).

Why, now, do actresses want to be called actors?

7Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 16:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Danny Dyer, Jason Statham, GEARRRAD BUTLAR. Absolutely horrific actors.

300 is a brilliant film with amazing performances. Remove Butler from your list please.

Each to their own but i thought that film was dire. Gerard BUTLAR is awful IMO.

8Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 16:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Nicolas cage, though I am a fan of Con-air I think he is a very cringeworthy actor.

9Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 18:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Adam Sandler i'd like to beat the shit outa the twat.

10Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 20:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Nicolas cage, though I am a fan of Con-air I think he is a very cringeworthy actor.

I got to about 30seonds in and I couldn't watch anymore.

Truley terrible actor.

11Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 20:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

doffcocker wrote:99% of actors/actresses are wankers. You can't argue with facts.

I despise how they get asked a basic question about their latest film and their answer has to be a ten minute profile of the character they play that includes a million adjectives they know the viewing public won't understand or even recognise.

But the point of this thread is for us to discuss which are the most detestable.

Here's Stockport bred Joanne Whalley on The Word in 1991 (gotta love Terry Christian):

These two stand out to me as particular disgraces in these particular interviews, although there are the likes of Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe that seem to embarrass themselves everywhere they go.

You don't need to find a video to back yourself up...which actors/actresses do you hate?
You got her wrong i know Jo she's a lovely girl.

12Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 20:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I got to about 30seonds in and I couldn't watch anymore.

Truley terrible actor.

He's brilliant in Adaptation which is a fantastic film.

13Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sat Jul 14 2012, 21:22

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Angry Dad wrote:
doffcocker wrote:99% of actors/actresses are wankers. You can't argue with facts.

You got her wrong i know Jo she's a lovely girl.

stood next to her on the tube once

gorgeous

14Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sun Jul 15 2012, 10:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I don't see why you have a problem with Joanne Whalley. Given the moronic questions asked by that useless twat Terry Christian what was she supposed to do?

Yes actors can be up their own arse a lot of the time (and Private Eye usually has at least one example in every issue) but this isn't really that bad.

And nothing compares to the hypocrite tax dodging Bono. He's even worse than Geldorf.

15Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sun Jul 15 2012, 14:40

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think any of us can honestly say, hand on heart, that we haven't at some time or other longed to apply a size twelve Doc Marten boot to the groin area of actor Simon Callow.

Actors  Simon-callow

This plummy-voiced poseur takes luvvieness to new heights.

My message to all actors would be: Hello! Well done - you enjoy dressing up and pretending to be other people and you've found a way of getting paid for it. Great! Now stop being precious, get over yourselves and feck off out of it!

16Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sun Jul 15 2012, 15:31

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

You can't blame the actors. It's the stupid tele watching Sun reading public who are to blame.

Why do they give these celebs the adoration (and cash) these talentless, self-loving people believe is their right. Not just actors and other celbs but football players.

The word has gone mad. The undeserving rich demand, and get, treated as if they are not human like you or I but as some superior being.

17Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sun Jul 15 2012, 15:40

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think any of us can honestly say, hand on heart, that we haven't at some time or other longed to give Joanne Whalley one.

18Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sun Jul 15 2012, 16:16

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I had the great honour of sitting and having a drink and a chat to Pete Postlethwaite and Simon Russell Beale a good few years ago. Postlethwaite was appearing in The Tempest at the Royal Exchange and Russell Beale was working at BBC North. It was about midday and they were well into a bottle of wine and in a virtually empty pub.
I had about an hour and a half with two very nice, genuine, non-lovey actors totally by chance.
No pretensions whatsoever.

19Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sun Jul 15 2012, 19:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some actors seem to be lost for words when confronted by Lady one question.

https://youtu.be/mdIOshrhvGw

20Actors  Empty Re: Actors Sun Jul 15 2012, 19:09

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Numpty 28723 wrote:I don't think any of us can honestly say, hand on heart, that we haven't at some time or other longed to give Joanne Whalley one.

Excepting Natasha, of course

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum