Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is The Bolton Ponce Disease catching?

+4
boltonbonce
okocha
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is The Bolton Ponce Disease catching? Empty Is The Bolton Ponce Disease catching? Tue Sep 20 2016, 11:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We all know our squad is full of ponces, the sort that would be much happier at home counting their cash than actually putting in some effort on the pitch. Any hint of a knock or nail break and they're out for 6 months.

But I've noticed this ponce disease is catching and is no longer confined to Bolton Wanderers, just this week Joey Barton has been banned for a month for an argument he had with another player at Ranger. No assault, no squaring up, just a few choice words. 20 years ago it probably wouldn't have been mentioned once the players finished training.

But it's not confined to football. Over the weekend England spinner Adil Rashid announced he wasn't going to play for his county Yorkshire (the club that pays his wages!) in their massive title decided against Middlesex because he "isn't in the right frame of mind". The utter ponce.

And almost as bad, the England cricket hierarchy have blocked Jonny Bairstow playing in the same game saying he needs to rest ahead of the Winter tour to Bangladesh. Bairstow hasn't played any cricket since 4th September, how much rest does the ponce need?

And this morning the world of athletics and other Olympic sports are whinging because some hackers are leaking their medical records and alleging some have been taking banned substances, albeit legally, for legitimate ailments and afflictions.

Yet the public continues to fawn over these ponces. Why can't they see them for the utter ponces they are? If a work colleague phoned in "sick" this morning saying he wasn't in the right frame of mind to sit at his computer all day he'd be sacked by the end of the day.

Am I being unfair, or is everyone turning into a ponce?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're probably right. The business with Barton is something that happens at every club,and in every work place.
He's basically called out a colleague for not doing his job,and they've had a bit of a ding dong.
I've had similar arguments at work,and we just get on with it. It all blows over,and in the end we usually end up laughing about it.
Not always though. When one of the lads got a reprimand for listening to his iPod during working hours,he stormed off home,and refused to come back.
I'm afraid the ponce brigade may be taking over the world.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You're probably right. The business with Barton is something that happens at every club,and in every work place.
He's basically called out a colleague for not doing his job,and they've had a bit of a ding dong.

It's got to the stage where you can't say anything about poor performance anymore. Whittam International has been sued many times for dismissing people for shite work.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And if you try to discipline anyone at work they always play the race/religion/sexist/homophobic/disabled/bullying card.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:And if you try to discipline anyone at work they always play the race/religion/sexist/homophobic/disabled/bullying card.
One of our lads played the scouse card last year,when he objected to another lad always reading the Sun during brew time.
The next day we all came in with a copy of the Sun. He had to suck it up.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't forget that the delightful Barton has a history of assault on colleagues, including burning them with lit cigarettes.

In addition: "Less than 24 hours after he was suspended by the club after a training-ground bust-up, a front-page story suggests he broke football gambling rules by betting on a match. Coming just a day before the launch of his book, for the publishers, it's the perfect storm. 
Add into the mix a few lines from the man himself about his regrets at signing for Rangers and claims that Celtic tried to sign him first, and you have the Joey Barton circus in full swing."

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He tries to come across as misunderstood,but I think we understand him all too well.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I agree with all of the above. 

If I know I've got a particularly busy month coming up at work I can't then go and request a week off so I'm not too tired  when it happens. 

It's the same with the bullshit about not being in the right frame of mind. What the fuck does that mean? Just go and play your game of cricket or football or whatever it might be. 

The world is full of ponces that should spend a while walking in your average working mans shoes. They wouldn't last 2 minutes.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jack Wilshere goes to Bournemouth out of desperation to get game time.

Tonight, he's been "rested". The week before last he got "rested". He'll probably get "rested" again and again throughout the season really.

Pretty tedious really.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yep. The world's full of Ponce's I'm afraid. Don't exactly know when the trend started but I suspect it is around the time modern educational theory got into full swing in the nineties and they changed all the year names. Year 6, what the fuck is that, no wonder it all went pear shaped.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Let's not beat around the bush here - It all started when hitting kids became socially unacceptable and somebody decided that you could get locked up for doing it.

When I was at school if you dicked about, you got a crack from the teacher.

(And it's not that long ago - I'm talking the late 80's.)

Nowadays, you can't even shout at them because you're deemed to be "infringing their inalienable rights as human beings" or some bollocks like that.

And the problem is, everything's somebody else's fault nowadays and there's always someone else to blame.

Modern people are soft bastards who think the world owes them something.

And it won't end well....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum