Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have You Ever Met A Celeb Who Was OK?

+5
yesbutno
TheHateCamel
chipbutty
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have You Ever Met A Celeb Who Was OK? Empty Have You Ever Met A Celeb Who Was OK? Sun Jul 15 2012, 16:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Following on from something TheHateCamel said on the "Actor" thread about meeting two actors who were actually decent people, it sounded like a good idea for a thread.

The papers would have you believe that most celebs are arseholes who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, but have you ever met a celeb who seemed ok?

Robbie Savage isn't exactly a top celeb, but he was a bloody nice bloke in real life.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mike Tyson. Nice fella for a convicted rapist.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I met Adolf Hitler once at a private function. What an unassuming, charming man he was. Nothing like the ranting person you see at those Nazi rallies.

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Well, following on from what I said about Pete Postlethwaite and Simon Russell Beale; due to the proximity of where I used to work at the time I met a few famous people, some nice, some not so much so. Craig Charles is a top bloke and champion pool player, Mark Radcliffe and Mark Riley were really nice. I fell a little bit in love with Sophie Ellis Bextor as soon as I met her ( I'm sure most men do who meet her actually, she's lovely ). Jarvis Cocker? Top bloke.
Paul Weller was graciousness personified.

The ones not so nice? Damon Albarn was having a truly bad day it seemed. Lauren Laverne's a cunt. Spoony ? No mark.

The nicest person I met though that was famous was The Hairy Cornflake himself. Dave Lee Travis. He went out of his way gave me a lift from Carlisle to Salford when I was a hitch-hiking student. And he was only supposed to be going to Preston. Top fella.

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I used to work for British Airways (long haul) based at Heathrow and worked in the 1st. class for the last few years. Met loads of celebs going to and from LA, New York etc.

I went to a room party in Trinidad once and sat on the floor in the corner quietly minding his own business was Mike Jagger. England were playing cricket there and he goes all over to watch them. Anyway had a chat with him at some stage. He is a bit shy and a good laugh. He doesn't want any fuss at all.

The worst I've meet, Bruce Forsyth and Ronnie Corbett. Totally pretentious egomaniacs.

It's my experience that the 'B listers' (or C) are self-important prats.

yesbutno wrote:

The worst I've meet, Bruce Forsyth and Ronnie Corbett. Totally pretentious egomaniacs.

You've shattered my childhood dreams, I loved Ronnie Corbett and always thought he'd be a top guy in real life.

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Sorry Owen. He boarded the aircraft waving his arms about saying "No autographs, no autographs". The only time I've heard that said.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Alan Lake was a nice bloke was real friendly. so was Dennis Waterman .The only bloke i met that i was in total awe of was Paul McCartney and i expected him to be a knob but far from it he was with linda and his kids and he was just like a normal bloke. He talked to me about the time he was in prison in Japan. The man is amazing. Collins is a nice bloke too, oh yeah Des o,conner held a door open for me in woolies once when i had a handful of kids bloody nice bloke.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Most of the so called famous people I have met are wanderers players due to my dad working for bolton over many years, Henrik pedersen & Al habsi were top blokes as was SKD....oh and Big sam (the only manager I have known to stand outside the reebok before going in the stadium on match days and sign autographs). Stelios & Jussi total bar stuards though.

As for other celbs, had the misfortune of meeting paul daniels who is so far up his own arse it's unreal and antony costa from blue who is so desperate to be seen on the tv he would probably go to an opening of an envelope if he knew cameras would be there.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Mon Jul 16 2012, 12:38; edited 1 time in total

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I met that stupid dude - Derek Acorah. Me and the gf sat next to him on a plane - he was complaining the whole time about not getting seated next to his wife and so on. Saw his passport too with his real name on it. I didn't notice it was him though until he started glaring at me for taking photos in his direction while he was yelling....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Most of the so called famous people I have met are wanderers players due to my dad working for bolton over many years

Is your Dad Ricardo Gardner?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have met:-

Sasa Circic - great bloke

most of Corrie cast (between 2004 and 2007) as office was close by to teh studio's and most drank in The Grapes. Most of teh are ok but the one wanker had to be the bloke who played Les Battersby. One who played Vera now she is fanastic person to chat to and one who played Jack was also just as good to chat to.

Gary Megson - outside the Hull stadium as he was getting off the bus, tried to speak to him, all I got back was a load of crap - I didn't even say anything bad about him or the team - wanker!!!

Stu Francis - great bloke, and he does actually do a lot of charity work.

Ainsley Harriet - great bloke, especially when he has had a few beers

Chris Bisson (Coronation Street, Shameless and currently on emmerdale) - good bloke but definitely has OCD

Joss stone - sometimes comes into my regular bar for a few bevvies - down to earth and a laugh

One of the Gallagher brothers - dont ask me which one, I haven't got a clue - but during last season when we played City and he came into my bar with one sof his "heavies"/buddies - only stayed for 1st half but kept himself to himself and only drank water!!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Chris Bisson (Coronation Street, Shameless and currently on emmerdale) - good bloke but definitely has OCD

I require the full story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum