Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clampdown On Bad Language In Football?

+3
Reebok_Rebel
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle (Burnley knobber) has come out today and said football should clamp down on bad language during games.

Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous? When you play sport at any level and give 100% you are lost in the moment, you're not thinking about your P's & Q's.

Do you agree or does anyone think it's a good idea?

Utter nonsense, any form of racism should be dealt with as strongly as possible until it's completely eradicated, but bad language?! Who cares! There's a time and a place for swearing and the football pitch is most definitely one of those places.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Racism will never be eradicated.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No no no and fucking NO!

Next time you see the PC brigade who whinge about crap like this offending poeple...just tell the cunts to get a fucking grip!

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Small (tiny) minds and I don't mean Carlisle.

What's PC about not wanting to be sat with your wife and children in the middle of a bunch of boneheads screaming out foul language.

Oh yes Rebel, learn to spell where Bolton is will you.

I assume you think people who swear are small minded then butty?

I'd have more time for what you'd written had it been about the right topic, this is about FOOTBALLERS swearing on the pitch. Nothing to do with a family sitting in the stands. Learn to read will you.

AD- Why do you think racism can never be eradicated? We've come a long way already keep handing out huge punishments for it and no player will use it. Obviously there will still be the odd scum-bag in the crowd but that's a problem for wider society unfortunately.

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Mon Jul 16 2012, 13:08; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:

What's PC about not wanting to be sat with your wife and children in the middle of a bunch of boneheads screaming out foul language.

I agree with that, but Carlisle is talking about the players on the pitch. Whenever I play a sport I get emotionally involved and my language is disgraceful, I doubt it's any different for professional footballers.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You will never ban bad language in football IMO and to be honest I don't think you need to stop it completley.

You can't stop a player swearing when he misses from a yard but you can clamp down on the players swearing at refs and his assistants just because they made a decision he didn't like and if they want to clamp down on that then don't cry about it just send the bugger off and it will make the other players think twice.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is an emotional game but swearing is not unique to football. Tennis players swear ( John McEnroe ) and golfers let rip when they shank one ( Tiger Woods )

It's very difficult to ban the players from swearing because these things often happen in the heat of the moment.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

chipbutty wrote:Small (tiny) minds and I don't mean Carlisle.

Oh yes Rebel, learn to spell where Bolton is will you.

solution to your problem...

sit in a family stand! Rolling Eyes that is what they are for...

I dont agree with swearing in a family stand, Ive been in it with kids in the past and i behave differently. time and place and all that.

your other little 'dig'... I have not got a clue what the hell your going on about...

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
your other little 'dig'... I have not got a clue what the hell your going on about...

Think he's referring to you putting, 'center of the universe' center being the American spelling of centre. Either way pretty pathetic thing to pick somebody up on.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Think he's referring to you putting, 'center of the universe' center being the American spelling of centre. Either way pretty pathetic thing to pick somebody up on.

what... so your saying bolton is NOT the centre of the universe??? affraid

or was he more concerned about the fact id mixed the E and R up...

people usually wait until at least the argument is lost before they start to whinge about spelling and typos... scratch

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reebok_Rebel wrote:No no no and fucking NO!

Next time you see the PC brigade who whinge about crap like this offending poeple...just tell the cunts to get a fucking grip!

I was referring to this post when I made my 'Small minds' comment.

Rebel, so you don't think I've lost the argument then. Or is this something else you will have to have explained to you.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

chipbutty wrote:

I was referring to this post when I made my 'Small minds' comment.

Rebel, so you don't think I've lost the argument then. Or is this something else you will have to have explained to you.

no... I was referring to you losing the argument.

explain how me being stood in a stand with lots of other people of the same mindset and swearing my head off or being in a family stand near kids and knowing I cant behave the same way makes me small minded?

like other posters have said - football is a passionate game.

Last edited by Reebok_Rebel on Tue Jul 17 2012, 13:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fort id bettar chek for spelling mitrakes)

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I'll repeat it once again (for the last time). This quote is what I was referring to when I made my 'Small minds' comment.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

chipbutty wrote:I'll repeat it once again (for the last time). This quote is what I was referring to when I made my 'Small minds' comment.

yes... and I stand by that!

time and place - the PC brigade want swearing eradicated 'just in case' some poor person gets offended...

there is NOTHING wrong with swearing in the right setting/environment...

try and patronise or repeat yourself as much as you want... im not going to change my stance on it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know what else they've done.

they've banned christmas.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You know what else they've done.

do you mean winterval? Laughing

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Racism will never be eradicated.

'The integration of all sections of our society can only be achieved by the will of the people and not by statute.'

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:You know what else they've done.

do you mean winterval? Laughing

I wouldn't know, I haven't celebrated it since they banned it, no where has.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum