Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your "Pet Peeve"?

+7
Spirit of 58
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Angry Dad
Keegan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 00:55

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I have a number of pet peeves. My current number one is overweight people on public transportation. I sound terrible when I read it again (as I just have) but my sentiment remains. Sometimes I have to take a car to work and the taxi operators tend to insist that 4 people squoosh up in the back of the car. Remember that I live in a Third World country.

There are fatties who choose not to avail themselves of the more comfortable and roomy buses (which are also cheaper, mind you) and wait on these taxis so that they can sleep an extra half-hour (I suppose) and get to work on time. They clearly cannot fit into the cars as the operator would like but refuse to get on the bus. As you may have guessed, I now take the bus.

What are your pet peeves?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 09:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Female drivers who think your vehicle be it a large car a transit van or an LGV is made out of sponge.
You got a street or road with vehicles parked either side, a lady is coming toward you in a smaller vehicle and she just keeps coming like it aint going to hurt when you blow her off the road.
I dont get their mentality,they usually have a fag in their gob with kids in the back. I got T boned at a junction by this bird who flew out of a side street without stopping at the junction as she should have. She wrote off 5 vehicles including mine, i got a broken bone in my foot and 6 weeks therapy for a twisted neck. At the scene of carnage she say's to the female copper He came out of nowhere!!! The cop was speechless looking at her.

3What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 09:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Current pet peeve, and I'm sure it will wear off, is people on long haul flights who sit in front of me and think it is mandatory to have their seat in recline at all times.

Just returned from a 10 hour flight from San Francisco. My wife and I and a stranger are sat in a 3 seat row behind two youngsters who were lucky enough to have a spare seat next to them. Despite this and the fact that the female one spent most of the flight asleep across two seats, all 3 seats were in recline at all times except when we asked them to straighten up at meal times.

4What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 11:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I got T boned at a junction by this bird who flew out of a side street without stopping at the junction as she should have.

Blokes who drive slowly and get in my way when I'm driving to work.

5What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Remember that I live in a Third World country. There are fatties who choose not to avail themselves of the more comfortable and roomy buses

If Jamaica is a 3rd world country (I wasn't aware it was) how come there are so many fatties?

6What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

everybody knows my pet peeve "CHRCHSTAERS" (characters)

7What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 13:20

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My pet peeve is people on internet forums who use expressions such as: 'tis, 'twere, 'twas, methinks, etc.

Before posting check your calendar - 'tis not the fcuking 15th century!

8What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 13:30

Hipster_Nebula wrote:everybody knows my pet peeve "CHRCHSTAERS" (characters)

i agre

9What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 17:16

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Keegan wrote:Remember that I live in a Third World country. There are fatties who choose not to avail themselves of the more comfortable and roomy buses

If Jamaica is a 3rd world country (I wasn't aware it was) how come there are so many fatties?

We are not a wealthy country by any means but we are hardly impoverished. The ladies have an unfortunate tendency towards being porkers.

10What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 17:50

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

People who park their car across two spaces.

11What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 17:53

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I've found that smart phones are very smart but too many people who use them are not. A pet peeve is people who are walking along a busy sidewalk and then stop suddenly beause their phone went 'ping'! How the hell am I supposed to avoid them when I'm busy reading my latest Blackberry message?

12What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:12

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

More of the same ! People on planes who stuff suitcases, that should go in the hold in overhead lockers leaving no space for genuine hand luggage

13What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spirit of 58 wrote:More of the same ! People on planes who stuff suitcases, that should go in the hold in overhead lockers leaving no space for genuine hand luggage

Damn right. Last week more people seemed to be carrying suitcases into the plane than actual hand luggage.

14What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:

We are not a wealthy country by any means but we are hardly impoverished. The ladies have an unfortunate tendency towards being porkers.

That is not the impression we get in the UK. Every woman looks like Rihanna according to the press.

15What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:37

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Well Rihanna tries to look and sound Jamaican as much as she can and the younger lasses can be quite tasty. It is when they get to around age 30-35 that the porker gene usually becomes active.

16What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:I got T boned at a junction by this bird who flew out of a side street without stopping at the junction as she should have.

Blokes who drive slowly and get in my way when I'm driving to work.
Women who speed up to junctions then brake at the last minute with their front end over the line.They make me want to get out punch their side window in and give them a good slap.

17What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Women who speed up to junctions then brake at the last minute with their front end over the line.They make me want to get out punch their side window in and give them a good slap.

I'd take you down in seconds Very Happy

18What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 18:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Women who speed up to junctions then brake at the last minute with their front end over the line.They make me want to get out punch their side window in and give them a good slap.

I'd take you down in seconds Very Happy
If you were that woman in your pic i'd let you Very Happy

19What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 20:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those adverts on TV from Ocean Finance, Auto Money and the like. Preying on the poor and the needy. Money lenders should be banned from advertising on TV.

People who get offended on the internet by the slightest criticism.

People who say pacific when they mean specific.

School holidays! Kids get 13 weeks off a year. HTF are parents supposed to keep them occupied.

Companies that use call centres in far off places to save money but cost their customers more money in phone bills because you spend fucking ages trying to explain yourself in simple engrish.

20What is your "Pet Peeve"? Empty Re: What is your "Pet Peeve"? Tue Jul 17 2012, 21:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:...People who get offended on the internet by the slightest criticism.

Are you talking about me? Be pacific.

Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum