Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

F.A Cup First Round - Bolton 1-0 Grimsby - Report Post #103

+21
rammywhite
Cajunboy
bryan458
Bread2.0
King Bill
okocha
Dunkels King
Norpig
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
NickFazer
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
DEANO82
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

whatsgoingon wrote:I quite fancy a go at carp-erate hospitality, joking aside might give that a go
I imagine that will be for the basic  package, meal and cushioned seat in the WSU. 

We got a "proper" box at Blackpoo a few seasons back as away tickets had sold out. Got three course meal, unlimited tea and coffee (don't knock it!), programmes, complimentary dressing gown, slippers and towels. Plus some free banter with the Blackpool fans when Chungy equalised. All for £50 each.

I've often thought the Wanderers corporate is too expensive, there's always empty boxes which could be filled if the club rethought it's pricing structure.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

King Bill wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:I quite fancy a go at carp-erate hospitality, joking aside might give that a go
I imagine that will be for the basic  package, meal and cushioned seat in the WSU. 

We got a "proper" box at Blackpoo a few seasons back as away tickets had sold out. Got three course meal, unlimited tea and coffee (don't knock it!), programmes, complimentary dressing gown, slippers and towels. Plus some free banter with the Blackpool fans when Chungy equalised. All for £50 each.

I've often thought the Wanderers corporate is too expensive, there's always empty boxes which could be filled if the club rethought it's pricing structure.
I think part of that is that they have been reluctant to reduce the prices since the top eight in the prem days, I'd like to try the box experience but never got round to it I wonder what they're at for the Grimsby game or whether they're even bothering opening them

The package as you said is the basic one with a meal and a seat on the half way line, but that is in the Nat Lofthouse stand in the ESU, which as the upper tiers are closed will be like a ghost town,

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Tue 1 Nov - 10:51; edited 1 time in total

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Slippers....?

(Was going to try and shoe-horn a "kippers" gag in there but decided that the idea that you get a free pair of slippers when you attend a football match was funny enough in itself, so I left it.)

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why is everyone goin on about Fish when the Chips are down !

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bryan458 wrote:Why is everyone goin on about Fish when the Chips are down !
because fish puns are the dogs pollocks

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

whatsgoingon wrote:
bryan458 wrote:Why is everyone goin on about Fish when the Chips are down !
because fish puns are the dogs pollocks
Are you the Sole contributor here ??

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Bread2.0 wrote:Slippers....?

(Was going to try and shoe-horn a "kippers" gag in there but decided that the idea that you get a free pair of slippers when you attend a football match was funny enough in itself, so I left it.)

Blackpoo use their hotel bedrooms as corporate boxes, like we do for the away fins. 
If it wasn't nailed down, int back ot van it ends up.

Still got a fish pun in too.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bryan458 wrote:Are you the Sole contributor here ??
No need to be an r-sole about it  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a load of codswallop this thread.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

whatsgoingon wrote:
Sorry I was feeling a bit Ruffe !! IDE like to apologise !!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just shut up and know your plaice, Shrimpy!!!!

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's ridiculous now and you're all doing it on porpoise

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bryan458 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
Sorry I was feeling a bit Ruffe !! IDE like to apologise !!
No problem try not to be such a snapper next time

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard it's the dogs pollocks

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ide leave it Boggers, Ive heard he's got big Mussels, so if you start getting Crabby about things EEL not be very happy!!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is Grimsby in Whales?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Trevor Kettle to oversee Emirates FA Cup clash with Grimsby Town

Trevor Kettle will officiate Wanderers’ Emirates FA Cup first round clash with Grimsby Town at Macron Stadium this weekend.

He has overseen nine matches so far this season, issuing 39 yellow and two red cards.

The Rutland based official has been involved in the professional game for the past 15 seasons and last took charge of a Bolton game when the Whites travelled to Walsall back in September.

His last Grimsby fixture meanwhile was back in January 2010 when the Mariners hosted Bury for a League Two encounter .

Andrew Hendley and Matthew Parry will run the line, while Joe Simpson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Trevor Kettle to oversee Emirates FA Cup clash with Grimsby Town

Trevor Kettle will officiate Wanderers’ Emirates FA Cup first round clash with Grimsby Town at Macron Stadium this weekend.

He has overseen nine matches so far this season, issuing 39 yellow and two red cards.

The Rutland based official has been involved in the professional game for the past 15 seasons and last took charge of a Bolton game when the Whites travelled to Walsall back in September.

His last Grimsby fixture meanwhile was back in January 2010 when the Mariners hosted Bury for a League Two encounter .

Andrew Hendley and Matthew Parry will run the line, while Joe Simpson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's not a Kettle of fish is it?

Just hope he rests Clough, Beevers, Wheater and Madine for this. Can't afford any injuries as we've seen already this season.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For Cod's sake 74 you'll have to re-write as there is no mention of fish in your last post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum