Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fit-again Taylor “right on the money” for Wanderers boss Parkinson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Taylor will get another shot at redemption for Wanderers tonight.

The summer signing started his first game in eight at the weekend and impressed Phil Parkinson with his first-half performance.

As the Whites laboured after the restart, so did Taylor, but Parkinson is convinced the former Blackburn Rovers man will improve with more game time and may restore him to his favoured left-sided role in the EFL Trophy clash at Cheltenham with Josh Vela returning from suspension.

“Chris worked his socks off in Josh’s role – he was very bright first half, tired a bit in the second – but he hasn’t played for a while,” he told The Bolton News.

“He’s a very good player and he’s worked really hard in the past couple of weeks. I’ve said before, he’s had a mini pre-season.

“I think in the second half against Grimsby you saw a bit if fatigue from players who had not played for a while, and that affected us a bit.

“But he’s right on the money at the moment and I think he’ll prove to be the player we know he can be.”

Though Wanderers continue to carry a large number of injuries, Parkinson has been pleased to see how his squad has rallied to preserve a winning run which current stands at seven games.

“The big plus point for us is that players have come in to fill those gaps,” he said. “Derik got back to how he was playing last year before I came here and Trotter has come in the last couple of games and done well. Young Alex Perry has also shown he can come in and live in this company.

“Whilst people are out and that’s a blow, there have been bonuses because people are taking their opportunities.”

Cheltenham boss Gary Johnson hinted that he too would make changes to the side which drew 1-1 at home to Crewe in the FA Cup at the weekend.

“I wouldn’t say I am desperate – I’m professional enough not to use that word – but 100 per cent I want to win the game,” he said. “They will be too and I don’t think there’s a way we can both go through. I think both sides will play some of the lads who haven’t been in the first team regularly but both teams will make sure that doesn’t weaken them.

“They are not an Under-23 team and would have fancied themselves to win this quite comfortably given their up the top of League One.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum