Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boris Watch: Day One.

+4
xmiles
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 13:27

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've decided to start keeping tabs on everyone's favourite floppy-haired moron and report his transgressions and gaffes as they occur.

(It won't do any good in the grander scheme of things, but I'm hoping that it may help assuage the overwhelming sense of hopelessness at the direction the world's taking, which I've started experiencing with ever increasing regularity and fervour.)

Right, here we go:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/07/boris-johnson-accuses-saudi-arabia-of-twisting-and-abusing-islam

He may actually have a point but as Foreign Secretary, it's not really the type of thing he should be going public with, especially as we embark upon the road of strengthening our relationships with our non-EU trading partners, post Brexit.

The dick.....

(But then I would say that, wouldn't I?)

2Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 13:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should be an interesting thread.

Bearing in mind he will soon be representing the country abroad Mr Johnson is often keen to open his mouth before seeing the outcome of events.
He has said Donald Trump’s “stupefying ignorance” proved that he was “clearly out of his mind” and was “frankly unfit to hold the office of president of the United States.”
“I would invite him to come and see the whole of London and take him round the city - except I wouldn’t want to expose any Londoners to any unnecessary risk of meeting Donald Trump.”

3Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 13:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He really does need to watch what he says and does. I think he's smarter than a lot of people give him credit for, and sometimes wonder if he's not stirring up arguments and views for a target further down the line, (mainly because I don't understand why he said what he did).

4Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 14:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

5Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 15:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Although I like Boris, and believe that under that thatch there is a working brain, I sometimes wonder what the hell he's up to. He can't keep putting people and countries offside, and I don't think the PM will put up with him in that post if he doesn't change his ways. Still wonder what made her give him that job.

6Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 15:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Without intending to start another brexit debate I think May deliberately gave the three brexit jobs to people she wouldn't have a problem blaming if and when the negotiations go tits up.

In just the same way she left Hunt in his job fucking up the NHS.

7Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 16:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have wondered about the thinking behind it, especially as she's very single minded as to what she wants/expects.

8Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 16:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mind you, Brexit preparations do have a Boris-esque feel to them, don't they  Very Happy

9Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 18:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Mind you, Brexit preparations do have a Boris-esque feel to them, don't they  Very Happy

Oh yes. That's something we can definitely agree on!

10Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 19:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:He really does need to watch what he says and does. I think he's smarter than a lot of people give him credit for, and sometimes wonder if he's not stirring up arguments and views for a target further down the line, (mainly because I don't understand why he said what he did).
This.

11Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Thu Dec 08 2016, 19:08

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Without intending to start another brexit debate I think May deliberately gave the three brexit jobs to people she wouldn't have a problem blaming if and when the negotiations go tits up.

In just the same way she left Hunt in his job fucking up the NHS.
Both your comments would appear plausible.
I wonder if all four have career death wishes?
But then again the pay they get as MP's is pin money to what's under their floorboards no doubt!?

12Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Fri Dec 09 2016, 14:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Theresa May is all bluster, desperate to capitalise on her lucky career break and is fundamentally a very weak Prime Minister who has made appointments to deflect attention and future blame from herself. All we've seen so far is a lot of gob and a monumental arse-covering exercise - but no actual results. She'll be Teflon when the poo hits the fan in 2018.

Boris is just a spoiled rich foreign brat who was lucky enough to have parents who could afford to send him to public school in England - just like the Russian, Chinese and Arab oligarchs do. The irony is that he's made a career impersonating an archetypal English posh twat which is a helluva act for an immigrant to pull off, especially one who spouts British nationalism.

13Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Fri Dec 09 2016, 15:14

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

More and more, it seems politicians can get away with anything if they've got the brass neck to come out with  their crap forcibly enough or repeatedly enough, without blinking as they face the cameras.

Can you believe the sheer nerve of Cameron today, defending his decision to hold the referendum?!

14Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Fri Dec 09 2016, 18:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10 classic quotes from the mouth of our foreign Secretary:

1. On Hillary Clinton

She's got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital.

2. On Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad

Hooray, I say. Bravo – and keep going.

3. On black people

What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies.

4. On his time as editor of Spectator

Johnson was heavily criticised back in 2008 about a Spectator article which was published when he was editor of the publication. Ken Livingston and a black lawyer accused him of condoning racism after he allowed an article to be published which said:
Orientals ... have larger brains and higher IQ scores. Blacks are at the other pole.

5. On Barack Obama

The part-Kenyan President [has an] ancestral dislike of the British empire – of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender.

6. On Malaysian women attending university

At the World Islamic Economic Forum Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said that 68 per cent of women were going to be attending university, to which Johnson quipped:
[Female students went to university because they] have got to find men to marry.

7. On the EU and the Nazis

Johnson claimed that the past 2,000 years had seen failed attempts to recreate the "golden age" of the Roman Empire.
Napoleon, Hitler, various people tried this out, and it ends tragically. The EU is an attempt to do this by different methods.

8. On Turkish president Tayyip Erdoğan,

There was a young fellow from Ankara
Who was a terrific wankerer.
Till he sowed his wild oats
With the help of a goat
But he didn’t even stop to thankera.

9. On Eurosceptics:

I can hardly condemn Ukip as a bunch of boss-eyed, foam-flecked euro hysterics, when I have been sometimes not far short of boss-eyed, foam-flecked hysteria myself.

10. On voting Conservative

Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3.

15Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Fri Dec 09 2016, 20:14

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is that last one a "post truth" one?

It seems a bit of a stretch even for the idiot in question.

16Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Fri Dec 09 2016, 20:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It does explain why xmiles is so bitter about the Tories though.

17Boris Watch: Day One. Empty Re: Boris Watch: Day One. Sat Dec 10 2016, 00:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:It does explain why xmiles is so bitter about the Tories though.

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum