Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anderson's Q and A - Full summary.

+6
observer
Reebok Trotter
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Wed Dec 14 2016, 15:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Just from an on the field perspective he said 99% no new players in January.....then at end of season we unload the high earners.
So if we get promotion where does that leave us? Try to survive in the Champs again without any investment in players. One day at a time but the plan for next season doesn't sound too grand at the moment...unless I missed somat.

He will have investment should we gain promotion
He has previously said he has investment lined up if we go up
KA has also said that he intends to bring wages down and to do so hopes to bring more youth players through and make better use of the loan market whilst offering the big out of contract players a reduced deal. Add to that him scuppering rumours of a big money foreign buyer coming in and the implication to me is that any new investment will be small scale i.e. sufficient to stabilise our finances by breaking even in the Championship if we manage to get there.

My interpretation is that KAs priorities are to get the business in shape for a possible future buy out in a few years' time so IF we get promoted there won't be any fancy signings and the short term plan will be no more than survival in the Championship. 

One step at a time is not a bad message to put out when some people are questioning his ambition and loyalty.

22Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Wed Dec 14 2016, 15:20

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think refusing to pay the exorbitant wages we've paid previously is necessarily showing lack of ambition, there are many championship clubs with better players than us paying them a damn-sight less than we are. When referencing that one of our players earns more than the entire Walsall squad he stopped short of saying he won't kick a ball for us again.
There are some bargains out there to be got but we always had to pay a premium because a lot of agents refused to do business with Gartside because of the Curtis crap.

23Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Wed Dec 14 2016, 16:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think "ambition" is synonymous with throwing money down the toilet so I'm not questioning that aspect but more thinking that KA is saying that we won't be making the kind of "marquee signings" we once did to achieve our objectives. He'd still clearly like us to get back to the Prem but won't be throwing money at it at least in the short term. Let's hope there's enough in the pot to tempt any "bargains" that may be out there.
But first we have to get promoted and we're still half a season away from that.

24Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Wed Dec 14 2016, 16:53

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Agreed but i got the impression that KA is banking on us going up this season, and any plans in place are based on that

25Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Wed Dec 14 2016, 20:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

whatsgoingon wrote:Agreed but i got the impression that KA is banking on us going up this season, and any plans in place are based on that

So what's the plan if we don't go up ?

I would think a couple more signings (loans) in January would almost certainly nail down a top two spot. That's presuming anybody is available and cheap of course. Then KA can put the master plan in for the Champs.

26Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Thu Dec 15 2016, 00:06

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Y
terenceanne wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:Agreed but i got the impression that KA is banking on us going up this season, and any plans in place are based on that

So what's the plan if we don't go up?
That's my worry

27Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Thu Dec 15 2016, 09:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

After all the current machinations are over, all our eggs will be in one basket. Lets just hope he doesn't drop it.

28Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Thu Dec 15 2016, 09:26

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:After all the current machinations are over, all our eggs will be in one basket. Lets just hope he doesn't drop it.
With the sound of whats coming out they always have been, the rhetoric of what DH came out with was good to hear but it sounds like the eggs were always in KA's basket and Deans basket was empty.

29Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. - Page 2 Empty Re: Anderson's Q and A - Full summary. Thu Dec 15 2016, 09:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I also feel that everything hinges on getting promoted. Promotion would allow us to sort out the finances once and for all whilst putting us in the window for further investment. If we don't get promoted I assume all the big earners would have to go and be replaced with kids and loanees which on the face of it would consign us to a few more seasons in League 1.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum