Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 50]

681Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 08:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:These have been a bit bland lately. No spice.

Beaten Holdsworth - check.

Beaten HMRC - check.

Beaten the ST - check.

What else is there for him to take on?

Very Happy

682Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 11:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:What else is there for him to take on?

Fatties that take up more than one seat.

683Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 11:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:What else is there for him to take on?

Fatties that take up more than one seat.
Or this sort of thing on the bus.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

684Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again, your Google search history must be eye-watering.

685Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 11:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Again, your Google search history must be eye-watering.
I'm on a police watch list. Very Happy

686Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 11:48

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
Macron Stadium is getting back on the map as a major venue, not just for football, but for a whole host of other events and sporting activities
Kind regards
Ken

It isn't getting back on the map as a major venue for football matches Ken, it is hosting a club at the bottom end of the 2nd tier.

687Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Beaten HMRC - check.

Beaten the ST - check.

Very Happy
He might take on trying to get the club to break even on a sustainable basis i.e. without selling our best players to offset trading losses? 

Another season in the Championship would help.

688Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 22 2018, 13:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Beaten HMRC - check.

Beaten the ST - check.

Very Happy
He might take on trying to get the club to break even on a sustainable basis i.e. without selling our best players to offset trading losses? 

Another season in the Championship would help.

As you wish -

KEN Anderson wrote: Gary Madine’s big-money deadline day sale to Cardiff City was a game-changer at Wanderers.

Originally forecast to lose between £5-6million this season, the transfer fee received last month for the 27-year-old target man could put the Whites’ annual accounts back on an even financial keel for the first time in more than a decade.

Championship survival is the aim between now and the summer, when Anderson claims there is still work to be done to bring the wage budget completely into line.

And the chairman hopes that if the Whites can succeed in their bid to stay in this division they will be able to invest more heavily in the playing staff.

“That amount of money changes the season totally,” he said of the Madine deal, understood to be worth £6million. “We are now very, very close to be breaking even.

“We have still got players who are costing us a lot more than we should be paying for them, and that loses the club a lot of money.

But going into next season I think we have got a budget in mind to break even.”

Anderson said the decision to sell Madine was made bearing in mind Wanderers’ operating costs - but also when the deal offered by Cardiff was too good for the player or the club to refuse.

“His mind was set to go to Cardiff, challenge for the play-offs etc,” he said. “They could be a Premier League club next year and they probably offered him a lot more than we did.

“Probably two to three days before the transfer window closed the writing was on the wall he was going to go, for me.

The view in the end was that we didn’t really want a player here who didn’t want to be here, so the best thing was to do the best deal we possibly could.

“I think it’s the most profitable deal this club has ever done. And because of the crazy market of transfers in the Championship, I think we ended up getting a good financial deal.

My aim is to stay in this league, then go on and do better things. But I have also got to look at the financial side for us to carry on being a club and give ourselves the best chance going forward".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

689Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Feb 26 2018, 13:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking forwards to our next Sky Bet Championship outing, this week sees us working towards our derby clash with Preston North End off the back of two stirring performances against Sunderland and Norwich City.

Due to our respective positions in the table, our victory against the Black Cats last Tuesday was hugely important given that it increased the gap between us.

It was an impressive performance by the team who showed their character and determination to get the three points, especially as we had suffered two successive defeats on our travels in the build up to the game.

The effort by every player in a Bolton Wanderers shirt against Norwich City at Carrow Road meanwhile was a sight to behold.

The lads fought very hard to grind out a result against a Norwich side who were going all out for a victory in front of their own fans. Due to the sheer amount of games we are playing, we have had to use the full talents of our squad.

This was illustrated on Saturday when the players who have largely played a peripheral role this season, and who have been knocking on the first team door, have come in and given 120% to play a crucial role.

This kind of spirit will augur well over the coming weeks when games come thick and fast.

Our decision not to make players available for transfer elsewhere in January is already paying off with players like Darren Pratley, Josh Vela, Craig Noone, Will Buckley, Stephen Darby and Andrew Taylor having been unavailable over recent weeks with injuries, and Mark Little and Karl Henry missing through suspension - it’s all very much hands to the pump.

I was pleased that we were able to bring in Jan Kirchhoff to the squad. Jan is a hugely talented player and I’m sure he will play a crucial role for us between now and the end of the season.

We are also hoping to bring in at least one more player. Our plan is to strengthen the squad and have the time to get them match fit in readiness for the final run-in to ensure a competitive edge on the training ground with the squad all vying for places.

I read with interest a recent article in The Bolton News about players all playing for their future at our football club. This is very much the case and we are already in discussions with two current players’ agents about extending their contracts. We expect the next few weeks to be very busy on this front.

Our scouts will also be out there actively scouting players over the next few weeks for next season as the new transfer window rules are very much a game changer and will mean clubs need to do their transfer business early.

l think the subsequent loan window period will be very competitive with clubs holding on to their players until they have signed players or got loans in.

l had heard that people thought that l would be hoping that Gary Madine and Cardiff would not be successful, but this couldn’t be further from the truth as l wish Gary well, not to forget that if Cardiff do get promoted to the Premier League, there will be a significant additional financial benefit for the club.

It is pleasing to see the success of our Under-18s and Under-23 teams who are topping their respective leagues, and huge credit must go to the coaching staff and the players themselves.

Having a strong Academy structure and development squads is crucial for the progression of our football club. Indeed, a recent report has highlighted that we are currently the second best Academy at producing players in the EFL structure.

Looking at this weekend's game, it would be fantastic to get a large turnout to generate a vociferous atmosphere and to make Macron Stadium an intimidating arena for the Preston players.

If you haven’t bought your tickets yet for the game, then please do so by CLICKING HERE.

Our support has been phenomenal of late, and the backing we receive on our travels has been exceptional of late. Long may this continue!

I’d also like to remind you about our Final Five offer which, starting from the Aston Villa game on Saturday 17 March, will enable you to watch our five remaining home games from just £80.

It offers supporters a great saving compared to buying tickets on a match by match basis and the extra support will be beneficial to the players as we strive to continue our fantastic home form.

There really is no place like home! Click here for more information.

Please continue to support the club’s lottery schemes meanwhile. BWFC Lotteries have provided the club with some of the best and innovative facilities for over 40 years.

More recently, they provided funding for the dome at Lostock which helped to ensure the Academy retained its Category Two status.

If you haven’t already joined, please consider signing up to either Lifeline for just £2 per week or Goldline at just £1 per week.

In return, you are helping your club as well as having the chance of winning some fabulous prizes, up to £7,500 on Lifeline and £5,000 on Goldline. Click here for more information about BWFC Lotteries.

Finally, I would like to welcome Lee Rimington on board as the club’s new Head of Commercial. Lee will be joining us next Monday and has previously worked in commercial roles for Warrington Wolves and Lancashire County Cricket Club.

I’d also like to congratulate Richard Eaton on being appointed the club’s Head of Finance.

Richard has been the interim Head of Finance for several months having originally joined the club as Financial Controller in September 2016 and I’m sure you will all join me in wishing both Richard and Lee the very best.

Let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team.

Kind regards,

Ken

690Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 28 2018, 12:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tuesday night’s results elsewhere in the Sky Bet Championship could not have gone any better for Bolton Wanderers.
It is important that we now capitalise on this and seek to strengthen our own position when we face our neighbours Preston North End on Saturday afternoon.
This is where you, the Bolton family, can really help the team out by coming out in force and show your passion at Macron Stadium - not just this weekend, but for the five remaining games after we face Preston too.
Tickets for Saturday’s game are available to buy right now and you can do so by clicking here and printing our your tickets at home. Alternatively, you can visit Bolton Central in person.
Last season, as we headed towards the end of the campaign, we were getting crowds in excess of 20,000 at Macron Stadium and that really helped us to get over the line and get to where we are today.
If we get those levels of support again during these last six home games, then I have no doubt that the extra noise and partisan atmosphere will play a key role in helping to retain our Sky Bet Championship status.
I cast my mind back to our last home game against Sunderland and also the Bristol City game earlier in February, and the passion you all showed in these games lifted the players to inspire them get the victories.
The support we have received on our travels has been phenomenal too.

Our home form has greatly improved and Macron Stadium is fast becoming the fortress it was last season. The Bolton family can help to sustain this sense of impregnability and I implore you all to get your friends, family and colleagues  down to the stadium to show your stunning support.
With that in mind, I’d like to remind you all about our Final Five ticket offer which, starting from the Aston Villa game, will enable supporters to watch our last five remaining home fixtures from just £80, which makes it more affordable to watch these matches compared to buying tickets on an individual basis.
More information, about our Final Five offer can be found HERE.
We are also delighted to be able to announce that we will be reducing the price of our matchday replica shirts to just £29.99 for adult sizes, £24.99 for children sizes and mini-kits and £19.99 for baby kits.
These will be available from 10am on Thursday morning while stocks last.
By putting your shirt on for the Wanderers and wearing your colours with pride, it will provide a massive boost to the players as they embark on the final run-in.
Let’s make Macron Stadium a wall of white for these remaining games. There really is no place like home!
Let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team.
Kind regards,
Ken

691Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 28 2018, 13:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought it had been a while since he mentioned 20K crowds, it'll never happen Ken.

692Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 28 2018, 13:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I thought it had been a while since he mentioned 20K crowds, it'll never happen Ken.
Over 20K in the prem was an effort.

693Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Mar 06 2018, 21:57

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My life is complete!
Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 3670419546

694Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Mar 06 2018, 22:40

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Leeds_Trotter wrote:My life is complete!
Hey, don't take Trump's crown away!  He wants to be dictator (I mean President) for life... which is what he will get after Mueller proves money laundering (as well as other things)!

695Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 08 2018, 16:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Following the disappointing result against Preston North End at the weekend, we had the opportunity of making an immediate response by taking on Reading at the Madjeski Stadium on Tuesday.

Sometimes, when you have a bad day at the office, the best thing is not to dwell on it and try and bounce back straight away with a positive attitude.

I feel that we did this against Reading, and while we should and could have won the game, the way we played and the manner in which we controlled the majority of the match shows that we have got an indomitable, fighting spirit.

Making seven changes to the team was a bold and brave decision by the manager but it was the right one. He wanted a reaction and he got one.

It also shows that we’ve got the talent in the squad to change our shape and formation as and when required and play to a system that will have our opponents guessing.

It was pleasing to see Jon Flanagan and Jan Kirchhoff make their first starts in Wanderers colours, and they both gave a very good account of themselves. We’ve also brought in Chinedu Obasi to strengthen our attacking options over the coming weeks.

We have got another away game this weekend when we travel to Sheffield Wednesday and, like Reading, they are a side that are in and around us in the league table.

Again, we need to show more of the same and hopefully get the result that could see us leapfrog them.

I thought our travelling support were once again magnificent on Tuesday too - just under 500 of you were there at Reading and for the majority of the game, you out sang the home supporters.

I know we’ll be taking a good following of over 1,500 to Hillsborough where I’m sure you will be as loud as you usually are.

Our Final Five promotion runs up until kick off of the Aston Villa game on Saturday 17 March, and it offers you the most cost effective way of watching our final five home games of the campaign.

The ticket is available from just £80 for adults and your support for those crucial home games will be very much appreciated by everybody at the club. More information about this is available here.

The club has also reduced the prices of our replica kits to £29.99 for adults, £24.99 for junior and mini-kits and £19.99 for baby kits, while there is also 50% off shirt printing.

So, now is the time to wear your colours with pride both home and away! You can buy online by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] however, please be aware that this sale will end on Saturday 17 March after the home game against Villa, so don’t miss out and get your shirts while stocks last!

Our forthcoming home game against Birmingham City on Tuesday 3 April is not too far away and we are running a ‘Kids for a Quid’ promotion.

With the game taking place during the Easter holidays, we hope that many families take up this offer, with tickets for adults just £15 in all areas of the ground too and all tickets for this fixture going on sale this coming Monday.

I noted with interest Garry Monk’s comments, upon his appointment as Birmingham City manager, that he wanted to make St Andrew’s a ‘hostile environment for any away team’.

While I wouldn’t have used the word ‘hostile’, which I think is perhaps a little too strong a word in that context, I agree that by encouraging supporters to make their home ground an intimidating arena in terms of noise and atmosphere, it can be very advantageous.

As you all know, our supporters have so often been our 12th man when they get behind the team. With our Final Five home games coming up against Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Millwall, Wolves and Nottingham Forest, let’s continue to make Macron Stadium a cauldron of noise and passion for Phil Parkinson and the players. There really is no place like home!

A special mention must go to our Academy department over at Lostock after it was revealed earlier this week that they topped the standings in terms of productivity out of the 72 English Football League clubs and second out of all 92 EFL and Premier League Clubs.

It is huge praise indeed and a fitting testament to all the hard work and vision by everyone concerned. It is also no coincidence that our Under-18s and Under-23s sides are topping their respective leagues and are going from strength to strength. This augurs well for the future of the club and I congratulate Jimmy Phillips and everybody who works for the Academy.

The hotel is holding a number of forthcoming events which we’d be grateful if you are able support, as all the revenue we generate as a business is invested in to the strengthening our football operations.

The Premier Suite will be hosting the British Heavyweight contest between Sam Sexton and Hughie Fury on Saturday 12 May. This is a real coup for us and it will be broadcast live on Channel Five, but tickets are available and can be purchased by clicking here.

Also, on Saturday 2 June, we will be staging a very special ‘Evening With Paul Gascoigne’ at Macron Stadium. Please click here for more information.

Next Friday, March 16, will represent two years to the day since I came in at the 11th hour with Dean Holdsworth to buy the club.

As you will remember, there was a real threat to the club’s very existence at that time, but I think we can look back at the 24 months that have since elapsed and feel a sense of achievement at what has happened.

Yes, of course, there is still much more hard work to undertake, but with your continued support and loyalty, we will get there together.

Finally, tomorrow, as a club, our thoughts and prayers turn towards the 33 Wanderers supporters who died during the Burnden Park disaster 72 years ago.

The entire Bolton Family will never forget them and their families. All their names are in our memorial book and are always remembered at our annual Service of Thanksgiving and Remembrance at the end of the campaign.

As always, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team this Saturday.

Kind regards,

Ken

696Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 08 2018, 20:45

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:Following the disappointing result against Preston North End at the weekend, we had the opportunity of making an immediate response by taking on Reading at the Madjeski Stadium on Tuesday.

Sometimes, when you have a bad day at the office, the best thing is not to dwell on it and try and bounce back straight away with a positive attitude.

I feel that we did this against Reading, and while we should and could have won the game, the way we played and the manner in which we controlled the majority of the match shows that we have got an indomitable, fighting spirit.

Making seven changes to the team was a bold and brave decision by the manager but it was the right one. He wanted a reaction and he got one.

It also shows that we’ve got the talent in the squad to change our shape and formation as and when required and play to a system that will have our opponents guessing.

It was pleasing to see Jon Flanagan and Jan Kirchhoff make their first starts in Wanderers colours, and they both gave a very good account of themselves. We’ve also brought in Chinedu Obasi to strengthen our attacking options over the coming weeks.

We have got another away game this weekend when we travel to Sheffield Wednesday and, like Reading, they are a side that are in and around us in the league table.

Again, we need to show more of the same and hopefully get the result that could see us leapfrog them.

I thought our travelling support were once again magnificent on Tuesday too - just under 500 of you were there at Reading and for the majority of the game, you out sang the home supporters.

I know we’ll be taking a good following of over 1,500 to Hillsborough where I’m sure you will be as loud as you usually are.

Our Final Five promotion runs up until kick off of the Aston Villa game on Saturday 17 March, and it offers you the most cost effective way of watching our final five home games of the campaign.

The ticket is available from just £80 for adults and your support for those crucial home games will be very much appreciated by everybody at the club. More information about this is available here.

The club has also reduced the prices of our replica kits to £29.99 for adults, £24.99 for junior and mini-kits and £19.99 for baby kits, while there is also 50% off shirt printing.

So, now is the time to wear your colours with pride both home and away! You can buy online by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] however, please be aware that this sale will end on Saturday 17 March after the home game against Villa, so don’t miss out and get your shirts while stocks last!

Our forthcoming home game against Birmingham City on Tuesday 3 April is not too far away and we are running a ‘Kids for a Quid’ promotion.

With the game taking place during the Easter holidays, we hope that many families take up this offer, with tickets for adults just £15 in all areas of the ground too and all tickets for this fixture going on sale this coming Monday.

I noted with interest Garry Monk’s comments, upon his appointment as Birmingham City manager, that he wanted to make St Andrew’s a ‘hostile environment for any away team’.

While I wouldn’t have used the word ‘hostile’, which I think is perhaps a little too strong a word in that context, I agree that by encouraging supporters to make their home ground an intimidating arena in terms of noise and atmosphere, it can be very advantageous.

As you all know, our supporters have so often been our 12th man when they get behind the team. With our Final Five home games coming up against Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Millwall, Wolves and Nottingham Forest, let’s continue to make Macron Stadium a cauldron of noise and passion for Phil Parkinson and the players. There really is no place like home!

A special mention must go to our Academy department over at Lostock after it was revealed earlier this week that they topped the standings in terms of productivity out of the 72 English Football League clubs and second out of all 92 EFL and Premier League Clubs.

It is huge praise indeed and a fitting testament to all the hard work and vision by everyone concerned. It is also no coincidence that our Under-18s and Under-23s sides are topping their respective leagues and are going from strength to strength. This augurs well for the future of the club and I congratulate Jimmy Phillips and everybody who works for the Academy.

The hotel is holding a number of forthcoming events which we’d be grateful if you are able support, as all the revenue we generate as a business is invested in to the strengthening our football operations.

The Premier Suite will be hosting the British Heavyweight contest between Sam Sexton and Hughie Fury on Saturday 12 May. This is a real coup for us and it will be broadcast live on Channel Five, but tickets are available and can be purchased by clicking here.

Also, on Saturday 2 June, we will be staging a very special ‘Evening With Paul Gascoigne’ at Macron Stadium. Please click here for more information.

Next Friday, March 16, will represent two years to the day since I came in at the 11th hour with Dean Holdsworth to buy the club.

As you will remember, there was a real threat to the club’s very existence at that time, but I think we can look back at the 24 months that have since elapsed and feel a sense of achievement at what has happened.

Yes, of course, there is still much more hard work to undertake, but with your continued support and loyalty, we will get there together.

Finally, tomorrow, as a club, our thoughts and prayers turn towards the 33 Wanderers supporters who died during the Burnden Park disaster 72 years ago.

The entire Bolton Family will never forget them and their families. All their names are in our memorial book and are always remembered at our annual Service of Thanksgiving and Remembrance at the end of the campaign.

As always, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team this Saturday.

Kind regards,

Ken

Great to see him doing yet another match promotion £15 a ticket and kids go for £1! Well done Ken, still seen a few people complain.

All hail King Ken.

697Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 08 2018, 20:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The trouble is that it's on a shitty cold and probably wet Tuesday evening. Evil or Very Mad

698Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 08 2018, 21:12

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yawn. I'm beginning to think Ken is Alan Houghton in disguise. Anyone seen them both in the same place at the same time.

699Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 08 2018, 21:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter is Ken?

700Ken Anderson - update. - Page 35 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 08 2018, 21:42

Was it King Phil when Gartside used to do the same thing?

Climb out LT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum