Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sammy Ameobi wins League One's December Goal of the Month award

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Former Bolton Wanderers loanee Sammy Ameobi is the Sky Bet League One Goal of the Month winner for December, after receiving 68% of the public vote. 

Picking the ball up in midfield, Ameobi strode forward, then stepped inside on the edge of the box and clipped an unstoppable shot into the far corner.

Lead Sky Bet EFL Goal of the Month judge and Sky Sports Pundit Don Goodman said: “We all know the ability that this man possesses and it is highlighted beautifully within this goal. 

“The Gillingham defence back off and pay the ultimate price as Ameobi hits a pure, unstoppable strike into the top corner.

Ameobi, now back at parent club Newcastle United, said: “It’s a great honour to receive the League One Goal of the Month award and I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who voted for me.

“I enjoyed it at Bolton Wanderers and this goal is certainly one of the memorable moments which sticks out when I look back at my recent time there.

“I just remember picking the ball up on the right and things seemed to open up for me as I began to cut inside along the edge of the area. I was able to hit it sweetly with my left foot and it was a great feeling to see it fly into the top corner to wrap up what was a great win for us at home.”

Ameobi beat off competition from Rochdale’s Ian Henderson and Peterborough’s Gwion Edwards.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deserved. It was a cracking goal.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm sure Nat would disagree

Sponsored content