Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Comics Did You Read?

+5
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
largehat
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Comics Did You Read? Empty What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love comics, have done since I was old enough to read. Most people will have read the Beano or Dandy at some point in their life, but there was a period in my life when I was hooked on comics and was spending all my paperound money on them.

My favourite comic was always Whizzer & Chips:
What Comics Did You Read? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO4W2QacXLExhc8oDJZ631sCx11u-sp50QCOEScsE4tqATg6wD7uSkvI1SIQ

But I also liked the Beezer & Topper:

What Comics Did You Read? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR62aW0X4uWW1lpfKdAw7gbmRnUi6oK-SlFfm6OLfR5k_IcCKlkKj1smHLrWhat Comics Did You Read? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFx-f2T_aXEXGfoaF2gbMW6UfScSw5NlQeG39V9IXgSRsSA_hVq7GubbW4

When I was a bit older I got into Roy of the Rovers and Tiger:
What Comics Did You Read? 9781405247475

What Comics Did You Read? Tiger5

I'd bore you with some of my favourite comic characters but I suspect I'd be talking to myself.

So did you read comics, and if so which was your favourite?

2What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:05

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's OK to steal my thread from another forum because.....?

3What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:06

I read the Beano for donkeys years but the only character I remember is Denace the Menace.

4What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:10

I used to read annuals a lot, in fact I had quite a big collection at one time. I'm sure I had quite a few rare Dandy & Beano annuals. My Mum through them out when I was about 18, probably worth a bundle these days!

5What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You must be gutted OOO, some of those early annuals are worth thousands. Even some not-so-rare mid-70's annuals go for quite a few quid on eBay if they're in good condition.

6What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:15

getting the bunty comic through my letterbox was one of the highlights of my week when i was a kid! i read it for a lot longer than i should have, eventually moving onto just 17.

7What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:getting the bunty comic through my letterbox was one of the highlights of my week when i was a kid! i read it for a lot longer than i should have, eventually moving onto just 17.

Ha ha, Just 17 - what a load of crap. Used to love the photostrips though, completely laughable stories where love always conquered.

8What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:23

Natasha Whittam wrote:You must be gutted OOO, some of those early annuals are worth thousands. Even some not-so-rare mid-70's annuals go for quite a few quid on eBay if they're in good condition.

Tell me about it. I didn't have any of the really early ones, but had quite a few from the 50's and 60's that my Mum always used to bring back from jumble sales. I bet those annuals would fund a holiday if I still had them Sad

9What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:24

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good laughs to be had reading my sister's Bunty - there used to be one strip called "The Bogey Ma'am", which was about a robot teacher. Also another strip called "The Eight Mildreds" or something.

10What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:30

Numpty 28723 wrote:Good laughs to be had reading my sister's Bunty - there used to be one strip called "The Bogey Ma'am", which was about a robot teacher. Also another strip called "The Eight Mildreds" or something.

i don't remember either of those, maybe i'm too young Razz

11What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:32

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've remembered now - it was called "The Four Marys".

12What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Memories Numpty....

What Comics Did You Read? 2Q==

13What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:49

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh yeah! - the one with the pigtails was well sexy.

14What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 11:58

Well I wasn't going to admit reading Bunty but seeing as numpty has already taken that walk of shame, I too read my sisters Bunty for many years.

15What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 12:24

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What Comics Did You Read? 1810683-00308638_large

16What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 12:27

I used to read the Beano every week. Also used to read Shoot,Match and Look in.

17What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:I used to read the Beano every week. Also used to read Shoot,Match and Look in.

Ha ha, Look In, that's a blast from the past.
What Comics Did You Read? KnightRiderLookInMagazineSept221984Photo1

18What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 12:52

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Blast from the past for sure.

I don't think any of us can honestly say, hand on heart, that we haven't been a fan of A Flock Of Seagulls at some time or other.
What Comics Did You Read? A+flock+of+seagulls

19What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 13:02

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Beano was a massive fan and had all their annuals from 1975 onwards - until I stupidly threw them on the tip about 15 years ago!!!! They'd be worth a mint now :-(

Also a massive fan of The Eagle (Dan Dare was the main character in the comic followed by Doomlord) - then later on it took over another cmoic and another strip that I liked in The Eagle was The 13th Floor.

Also read Look-in and Dandy.

20What Comics Did You Read? Empty Re: What Comics Did You Read? Tue Jul 24 2012, 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Also a massive fan of The Eagle (Dan Dare was the main character in the comic followed by Doomlord) - then later on it took over another cmoic and another strip that I liked in The Eagle was The 13th Floor.

I used to read my brothers Eagle, I remember Doomlord because it scared me.

What Comics Did You Read? Doomlord_masthead

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum