Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Charlton

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Charlton  Empty What Parkinson Thought - Charlton Sun Jan 29 2017, 12:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On today’s disappointing defeat…
I don’t think there has been a worse defeat since I’ve been here.

We started well, got the goal, controlled the game and then we gave a silly free-kick away.

A soft goal goes in the back of our net and then we’re absolutely livid with the second goal because we’ve been caught in similar circumstances to the game against Swindon and that’s unacceptable.

Their goalkeeper didn’t have a save to make after our goal and that’s not good enough from the quality of players that we have.

On his side’s failure to find that second goal…
When they went ahead, they sat back and made it difficult for us. 

We didn’t show enough quality going forward and there wasn’t enough intent in the opposition penalty box to get us that goal.

The intent and belief around the box wasn’t there, we tried to change personnel and shape, but we need to show we’re better than that in both boxes.

There’s not many times I’ve felt like I do now since I’ve been at the club, the lads have been excellent, but we’ve let ourselves down today.

On bouncing back from today’s defeat…
We can’t waste our terrific position that we have got ourselves in. 

We’ve come a long way since the start of the season, there’s a group of players and staff here who are determined not to waste the position we’re in. 

We will draw a line underneath this defeat and make sure we set our standards higher than they were today.

We need to look at what we did in the past to get us on that excellent run and that was making sure our approach and mentality was correct and two moments have cost us today. 

Suddenly we’re conceding too many goals and we need that intent and desire in the opposition book.

On any potential transfer signings…
We’ve got a busy couple of days, but I suppose today’s performance highlights that even more. 

I’m hoping to have one or two players through the door before the window shuts. We lost a couple of attacking players so there’s space available there.

And finally, on his side’s next fixture against MK Dons…
We’re hugely disappointed and it’s not often we’ve felt like this since I’ve been here. 

All we can do is get back on the training pitch and make sure our standards get back where they need to be and make sure there is a determination to get us back on track.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Too much concern about letting in two goals in ......not enough about playing ten men for 75% of the game and nothing to show for it.
On occasion other teams will get some breaks and score on us....we need to be able to pile it on at that point and at least get a draw out of it.
Too much hoof ball and sideways passing doesn't help either. Not sure Phil is the man to change this between now and next Saturday.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Not sure Phil is the man to change this between now and next Saturday.

So who is the man then?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Not sure Phil is the man to change this between now and next Saturday.

So who is the man then?
Or woman?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:Or woman?

Thanks for your confidence Obs, but I'm busy running Whittam International.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Too much concern about letting in two goals in ......not enough about playing ten men for 75% of the game and nothing to show for it.
On occasion other teams will get some breaks and score on us....we need to be able to pile it on at that point and at least get a draw out of it.
Too much hoof ball and sideways passing doesn't help either. Not sure Phil is the man to change this between now and next Saturday.
I thought Parky was right to point out that we were poor defensively AND predictable up front so it's some consolation to see that he at least recognises how bad it was. 
The defence can be sorted out on the training ground - after all it is his "speciality" - and maybe he can teach them and Thorpe in particular how to stand running players up and to tackle in general whilst he's at it. That second goal of theirs was particularly poor from a basics perspective.
The attack however will either need a couple of signings or a radical rethink of the selection policy and tactics - and Parky has never shown an interest in changing his tactics or picking squad players that don't suit his style so our best hope is via signings.

If KA backs him to take a gamble on ALF and Long it would consign the team to retaining Madine as a target man and playing the same style IMO so we'd just be backing doing the same thing but with hopefully more quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum