Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Bolton - Match Report Post 49

+16
Hip Priest
gloswhite
karlypants
wessy
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Jack Russell
King Bill
NickFazer
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
rammywhite
okocha
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We can't afford to have Trotter on the field tomorrow. It's like playing with 10 men. You'd think by now Parky would have sussed that Trotter is just not up to it but I'm willing to bet that he will start the game with the same 11 that started at Bradford. If he does we will be down by at least 3 goals by Half Time. Sheffield Utd 3 Bolton 1.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh God! You have me so down guys. F*** me what a nailbiter this could be - one that could go either way.
FFs get it right today Parky.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come on you fucking white men.. got a really good feeling with this one, this game will decide who will go up as champions.. we will put on our best away performance of the season, win 1-3 and go on to win the league.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Come on you fucking white men.. got a really good feeling with this one, this game will decide who will go up as champions.. we will put on our best away performance of the season, win 1-3 and go on to win the league.

You had a good feeling last week as well.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Come on you fucking white men.. got a really good feeling with this one, this game will decide who will go up as champions.. we will put on our best away performance of the season, win 1-3 and go on to win the league.

You had a good feeling last week as well.

Turned out to be indigestion

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Turned out to be indigestion

Fair enough. I trust your feeling will be more reliable this week.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wanderlust wrote:Very negative from Wheater etc unless they are trying to play some sort of mind game but it seems to me that they are talking as if Sheff U have won already.
I've only just read What Wheater said. Stupid way to be thinking considering we have two games in hand on them. Beat them today and win those two games in hand and we go above them. Unlikely I know but it just goes to show that even the players don't seem to think they have what it takes.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Sheffield United v Bolton Wanderers

1. Top of the table clash

With Sheffield United topping the table and Wanderers in third - with two games in hand on the Blades - Saturday's clash could go a long way in the say for automatic promotion come the season's conclusion.

Having drawn 1-1 with second-place Scunthorpe United last weekend on their home soil, the Steel City outfit will welcome the Whites to Bramall Lane looking to extend their lead at the summit.

With Wanderers keen to cut the gap however and make their own mark, this weekend's encounter will no doubt be a feisty one.

2. Away travelling

Wanderers will be backed by over 2,000 supporters at Bramall Lane this weekend, following on from 2,500 who made the trip to Bradford City last Saturday afternoon.

Bolton's travelling support has been impressive all season long, with them up there amongst the league's highest average attendances on their travels.

The club's faithful meanwhile have also seen the Trotters win six times on the road this term.

3. Unbeaten run

Phil Parkinson's side head into this weekend's top-of-the-table clash on a four-game unbeaten run in Sky Bet League One.

Winning two against Walsall and Rochdale and drawing the others against MK Dons and Bradford, the Whites will be aiming to extend that sequence when they take on the Blades on Saturday afternoon.

4. Ex-Wednesday boys

There are a number of ex-Sheffield Wednesday faces in Bolton's ranks in the shape of striker Gary Madine and defender Mark Beevers.

Given the Blades' fierce rivalry with their cross-city counterparts, these two will no doubt be on the receiving end of a testing atmosphere at Bramall Lane.

5. A Blades hat-trick?

Wanderers and United have already met twice this season, both at Macron Stadium, in the league and Emirates FA Cup.

On the first occasion, on the opening day of the season, Bolton ran out 1-0 winners courtesy of a Jay Spearing effort, while in the cup, the Trotters were victorious by three goals to two back in December.

And given their efforts so far this term against Chris Wilder's men, the Whites will be keen to make it a hat-trick versus the Blades come full-time on Saturday afternoon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Mike Dean to take charge of Sheffield United trip

Mike Dean will take charge of Bolton Wanderers’ trip to Sheffield United on Saturday.

The Wirral-based official has been involved in the professional game since 1997 and last took charge of a Bolton game when the Whites travelled to Blackburn Rovers in April 2011.

His last Sheffield United game meanwhile was a 1-0 win for the Blades against Doncaster during the Sky Bet League One fixture on February 13th 2016.

In the 23 matches, he has overseen so far this season, Mr Dean has handed out 95 yellow cards and five red cards.

Harry Lennard and Michael McDonough will run the line, while Sebastian Stockbridge is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Conor Wilkinson before Long & Clayton?

:facepalm:

Fuck off Parky.

I'm changing my prediction to 4-0. And not to us.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Madine been dropped for his comments about Sharp?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No Madine ( not that I think its a problem) but any one know what's up with him?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the portal or via the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

one of the Bolton facebook groups say he got back on the coach so seems like he must have been due to play

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm more concerned about where Derik will play if Moxey is included. Back 4 or a 3 with Derik in midfield?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:one of the Bolton facebook groups say he got back on the coach so seems like he must have been due to play

Maybe he heard some loud shouting and didn't fancy it?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

loads of rumours Madine got punched by a Sheffield Utd fan

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:loads of rumours Madine got punched by a Sheffield Utd fan

....are you sure it was a Sheffield United fan?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was me, Madine was stood next to Trotter who ducked when i tried to throw my piss filled plastic bottle at him  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum