Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Utd 2-0 Bolton - Match Report Post 49

+16
Hip Priest
gloswhite
karlypants
wessy
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Jack Russell
King Bill
NickFazer
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
rammywhite
okocha
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Conor Wilkinson before Long & Clayton?

:facepalm:

Fuck off Parky.

I'm changing my prediction to 4-0. And not to us.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Madine been dropped for his comments about Sharp?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No Madine ( not that I think its a problem) but any one know what's up with him?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the portal or via the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

one of the Bolton facebook groups say he got back on the coach so seems like he must have been due to play

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm more concerned about where Derik will play if Moxey is included. Back 4 or a 3 with Derik in midfield?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:one of the Bolton facebook groups say he got back on the coach so seems like he must have been due to play

Maybe he heard some loud shouting and didn't fancy it?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

loads of rumours Madine got punched by a Sheffield Utd fan

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:loads of rumours Madine got punched by a Sheffield Utd fan

....are you sure it was a Sheffield United fan?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was me, Madine was stood next to Trotter who ducked when i tried to throw my piss filled plastic bottle at him  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't like Yorkshire folk. They all smell of cabbage.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

1:39pm
Reports of the Wanderers coach being egged on its way in. All the debris seemed to be concentrated on one particular player's window.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I don't like Yorkshire folk. They all smell of cabbage.

Yorkshire born,
Yorkshire bred,
Strong in arm,
Thick in head.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles just now -

Gary Madine's absence being blamed on illness, according to those on the touchline...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:it was me, Madine was stood next to Trotter who ducked when i tried to throw my piss filled plastic bottle at him  Very Happy

I hope it wasn't an NHS bedpan, you really shouldn't being your work home.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Iles just now -

Gary Madine's absence being blamed on illness, according to those on the touchline...

Is being shit in front of goal really an illness?

If it is I fear we have an epidemic at Bolton.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have to bring them home, not enough hours in the day and me having to do the work of 3 now

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had Madine down for first scorer. The pea brained pillock.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Sheffield United 2-0 Bolton

OVERVIEW

A Billy Sharp brace ensured that Wanderers slipped to defeat against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on Saturday afternoon.

A goal in each half from the frontman reinforced the Blades’ position at the top of the table, in turn condemning the Whites to a first defeat in February.

TEAM NEWS

Phil Parkinson made three changes from the side that battled back to earn a point at Bradford City last weekend as Bolton Wanderers crossed the Pennines once again for this top of the table clash at Bramall Lane.

Ben Alnwick, Gary Madine and Liam Trotter all made way for Mark Howard, Conor Wilkinson and James Henry, who was rewarded for his impact from the bench at Valley Parade. 

FIRST HALF

Wanderers, backed by a 2,200 strong travelling support, commenced with the 3-5-2 formation which has served them well in recent weeks.

After a relatively quiet opening spell, the Blades won a corner which lifted the atmosphere when Jake Wright’s deflected shot went for a corner. James Hanson’s follow-up from the set-piece was subsequently cleared off the line.

James Henry had Wanderers’ first on target moment later but his effort from distance didn’t cause Simon Moore any trouble.

But Billy Sharp opened the scoring on 13 minutes with a tidy finish past Mark Howard after Mark Beevers was caught off balance in his attempt to snuff out John Fleck’s pass.

The Scottish midfielder found his name in referee Mike Dean’s note book for a late challenge on Tom Thorpe which left the Wanderers midfielder pole-axed.

Henry’s free-kick moments later went straight in the Sheffield United wall as Wanderers tried to get back into the game before the break.

Thorpe failed to recover sufficiently from his earlier knock and was substituted for Dervite with two minutes of the half remaining. Derik moved into midfield as a consequence.

SECOND HALF

The hosts were well on top during the opening stages of the second-half winning a series of corners with Wanderers finding it difficult to regain the tempo they had displayed towards the latter stages of the opening 45 minutes.

Sharp should have made it two nil just after the hour mark but Howard kept firm and blocked the striker’s effort.

Parkinson made his second change with Long coming on for Le Fondre just after the hour mark.

Max Clayton was the final substitute when he replaced Wilkinson shortly after.

The Blades were still well on top and were pressing constantly to extend their lead with Sharp a constant menace for the Wanderers backline.

With twenty minutes remaining, Sharp doubled his tally from the spot after Beevers had upended substitute Carruthers. The front man sent Howard the wrong way to reinforce the Blades’ advantage.

Wanderers seldom troubled Moore in the Blades goal and will now turn their attentions to back-to-back home games against Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon to get their promotion charge back on track.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Iles just now -

Verbal diarrhoea. What an idiot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum