Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other big news - or perhaps not?

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Other big news - or perhaps not? Empty Other big news - or perhaps not? Sat Mar 04 2017, 13:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles just now -

Ken Anderson claims he has received notice from Dean Holdsworth that he will sell his shares. Full story coming up soon...

2Other big news - or perhaps not? Empty Re: Other big news - or perhaps not? Sat Mar 04 2017, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Iles just now -

Ken Anderson claims he has received notice from Dean Holdsworth that he will sell his shares. Full story coming up soon...

That opens up all kinds of possibilities especially in regards to potential new investors or owners.

3Other big news - or perhaps not? Empty Re: Other big news - or perhaps not? Sat Mar 04 2017, 14:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My first thoughts were how BluMarble fitted in with this?

Didn't BluMarble hold sway over Holdsworth shares.

If Holdsworth is free to sell them on it looks like some sort of deal has been reached about the stupid loan Holdsworth took out with them and which needs paying back.

I can't imagine Holdsworth having the financial clout to do that - and remember £1 million of the original loan never even made it to the club.

Even if Holdsworth gives up his shares for free it would seem he's done very, very well out of just basically fixing up a loan!

4Other big news - or perhaps not? Empty Re: Other big news - or perhaps not? Sat Mar 04 2017, 14:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anderson closes in on deal to become sole owner of Bolton Wanderers

KEN Anderson claims he is close to securing a deal to buy Dean Holdsworth’s shares in Bolton Wanderers.

The chairman admits feeling some regret in the public spat that developed between the pair last month but with an agreement in the offing, it appears that relationship is on the mend.

Speaking before this afternoon’s game against AFC Wimbledon, Anderson hopes the deal will go ahead as planned and he will soon become sole owner.

“We have met the last few games, been very friendly, very amicable,” he said.

“I received a letter from his solicitors late last night saying that he had agreed to sell his shares to me. Hopefully this time it will go through.

“We have been here four times. Hopefully there is a will do that this time.

“Dean has expressed a will to work how we were first time, when we met, put the recent traumas and events behind us.

“Dean and I have both seen that positives have come out in the last few months, all around the club with the academy, the ladies football, the international football – all of these things are big pluses for us.

“We need everyone together to get this over the line.”

Both Anderson and Holdsworth traded statements in February carrying various accusations about the financial state of play at the Macron.

“Looking back with hindsight, and it’s a great thing, there are a couple of things that I said and Dean said that, on reflection, wish we hadn’t and maybe it was wrong,” he said. “We learn from our mistakes.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Other big news - or perhaps not? Empty Re: Other big news - or perhaps not? Sat Mar 04 2017, 14:58

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It amazes me that you've still got goons allover social media thanking "Deano" for saving the club.

Is your average football fan a bit thick or do we have more than our fare share at Bolton?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum