Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle - Good news and BAD news.

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Owen Coyle - Good news and BAD news. Empty Owen Coyle - Good news and BAD news. Thu Apr 05 2012, 11:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good news: Darren Pratley could be able to play on saturday. Chungy has started light training with the squad.

Bad news: Holden is done for the season, Confirmed. Gregg Wylde still hasn't got his clearance

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't say I am surprised by the Holden news but this Wylde thing is taking the Piss now, what's the delay.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be surprised if Holden plays for BWFC again. Decent player, but could turn out to be one of the worst signings ever.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd be surprised if Holden plays for BWFC again. Decent player, but could turn out to be one of the worst signings ever.

I think he will stay next season regardless of the league we are in but even with his injuries there will always be a club going up or a team like Swansea/Norwich willing to take a punt on him.

Look at Jummy Bullard and all the injuries he suffered, there were a few clubs after him.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd be surprised if Holden plays for BWFC again. Decent player, but could turn out to be one of the worst signings ever.

Utter nonsense, as usual.

What is it you've got against Stuart Holden? Jealousy that he's just so AWESOME?

Worst signings ever?? On what basis? When he's fit he's our best player IMO. I saw his only game for us this season away at Villa and he ran the game. He's one of few centre midfielders in the premier league capable of creating time and space for himself on the ball, picks a great pass and has an eye for goal. Plus he's only really cost us wages so far. Believe me we won't see many better midfielders than him in a Bolton shirt. I've always thought that our sudden drop in form last season stemmed from Jonny Evans crocking Holden, we never had the same composure in midfield since.

Getting him back to the level he played at before will be the equivalent of a £10 million signing in my eyes, he's class.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Worst signings ever?? On what basis? When he's fit he's our best player IMO. I saw his only game for us this season away at Villa and he ran the game. He's one of few centre midfielders in the premier league capable of creating time and space for himself on the ball, picks a great pass and has an eye for goal. Plus he's only really cost us wages so far. Believe me we won't see many better midfielders than him in a Bolton shirt. I've always thought that our sudden drop in form last season stemmed from Jonny Evans crocking Holden, we never had the same composure in midfield since.

Getting him back to the level he played at before will be the equivalent of a £10 million signing in my eyes, he's class.

Keep your y-fronts on, I said he was a decent player. But Bolton fans tend to go all glassy-eyed when they talk about Holden as though he was some Messi-type player who ran the show in every game. He's had some good games for Bolton, but he's also had his fair share of annoymous games.

But regardless of his undoubted quality, if he spends more of his Bolton career on the bench (being paid big wages) than actually playing, he has to go down as a pisspoor signing.

If you bought a Ferrari but it was always in the garage being fixed you wouldn't class it as an astute purchase would you.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You're just jealous because Stu has better hair.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

We're a different team with him in it, he's one of the main reasons we managed to play 442 so effectively at the beginning of last season. He cost nothing and won't be one of our highest earners.

That's why my 'y fronts' fell off when i read the suggestion that he 'could be one of our worst signings ever' seems ridiculous to me considering the crap I've seen play for us. But as you say he needs to get fit otherwise he is a waste of wages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum