Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton need EFL 'favour' to bring in former Reading and Galatasaray midfielder

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Anderson claims he is facing resistance from the Football League as he attempts to ease the injury crisis at Wanderers.

A request was made last week to register Under-23 striker Jeff King as a senior professional but was turned down on a vote by the Football League board.

Anderson is unhappy that the board, whose members include representatives of some of the Whites’ League One rivals, did not reject the application for the right reasons.

“When I spoke to the Football League they couldn’t understand why I’d want to bring another player in because they say ‘you have 25 good players,’ the chairman said.

“The meeting was very much about bringing through one of our younger players, Jeff King, who I wanted to register. Effectively it went to a vote and we lost on a split vote on the board.

“I wasn’t too happy. There were certain people at other clubs who probably didn’t want us to bring in other players.

“The words they used were ‘conflict of interest’ but I’d go something stronger and say they may have had a vested interest in him not joining us.”

The EFL board is made up of 10 people, chaired by Oxford United’s Ian Lenegan and including Scunthorpe United’s Jim Rodwell and Walsall’s Stefan Gamble.

Wanderers are now hoping the league will grant them permission to sign midfielder Jem Karacan in time to face Fleetwood Town this weekend.

“We are still waiting for some confirmation on that one,” said Phil Parkinson. “What we are looking for is that real energy in the middle of the pitch and he would also give us that.

“The Football League are looking at it but with all the players we’ve got out, we’re well below the number they have set out – I can tell you that now.

“If you add Lewis Buxton, who isn’t even training yet and looks unlikely he will, then we need a bit of help and Jem will give us that.”

Parkinson hopes the EFL will show some leniency as he tries to maintain a promotion push in the most unlikely circumstances.

“That is a problem – we are fighting against so many things,” he told The Bolton News.

“I spoke to the chief executive of the Football League and he said ‘look Phil, most teams in an embargo are in relegation trouble. You are up there.’

“I understand that but we really have had an extraordinary number of players out, we really have, so we need a bit of fairness. That is what we are looking for.”

Another option – which will also require some leniency from the Football League – would be to re-register Darren Pratley, whose progress after ankle surgery is ahead of schedule.

Parkinson feels the midfielder, who has been missing since fracturing his ankle on the first day of the season against Sheffield United, could play a part if necessary.

“He’s a player who’s played above this level. He’s got running power and we need someone else in there with Josh who has that.

“He is progressing in the right way, that’s all I can say, but last time he came back he never really looked comfortable. This time he seems a lot happier.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

who is Jeff King? Never heard of him

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's probably lightweight.

Bread2.0