Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'He is disappointed in himself'- Bolton fine Vela after restaurant incident

+2
Norpig
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers star Josh Vela has been fined by the club and warned about his future behaviour after being ejected from a restaurant last weekend.

Manager Phil Parkinson admitted he was “disappointed” that the 23-year-old had been involved in an incident at the Retreat restaurant on Chorley New Road on Sunday lunchtime.

Vela, aged 23, is alleged to have threatened and sworn at staff whilst drinking with friends.

Parkinson confirmed that disciplinary action had been taken against the midfielder and that he had apologised on behalf of the club to restaurant management.

It is understood Vela has been docked some of his salary and is also expected to make an apology.

“I’m obviously not happy and have done my own investigation into what happened, I think I am quite clear on that now,” Parkinson told The Bolton News.

“I can’t defend Josh, however, I will say he has been excellent in terms of his conduct at the club since I have been here.

“He has put his heart and soul into Bolton Wanderers and as much as we will deal with this internally there is a line then drawn through it.”

Wanderers launched an immediate investigation after a complaint was made about the Salford-born youngster’s conduct, described by one diner as a “disgrace”.

Vela will, however, be free to play against Fleetwood Town tomorrow as Wanderers continue their quest for promotion to the Championship The tension is building around the Macron Stadium as the end of the season draws near and Parkinson called a team meeting yesterday in training to underline the importance of acting responsibly off the field.

“There seems to have been a pressure valve situation with Josh,” he said. “A couple of things happened over the weekend which perhaps affected him.

“He cares passionately about the club and he isn’t someone who courts this type of publicity.

“In fairness to all the lads there hasn’t been many instances like this over the course of the season but I have reminded them that they are representing the club when they are out and about.

“Their behaviour has been good and their willingness to go out into the town and do things for the club has been excellent, we haven’t had any moans about that.

“As much as you don’t want these phone calls as a manager on a Monday morning, I have dealt with it and I will move on.”

COMMENT: Josh Vela needs to let his feet do the talking now after restaurant incident

Parkinson says Vela regrets his behaviour and has promised to knuckle down for the rest of the campaign.

“He is disappointed in himself for getting involved but he’s a young lad and I think general frustration boiled over. He knows it was wrong but must move on now.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

blaming it all on LoV slagging him and the team off i see  Rolling Eyes

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Norpig wrote:blaming it all on LoV slagging him and the team off i see  Rolling Eyes

Link please.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

look on the LoV website KB, not sure if the original article is still up but basically they added player ratings that were less than complementary and Vela called Manning and LoV out on Twitter.

LoV then changed the rating to player approved ratings and gave them all 9/10 and Vela 10/10

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Norpig wrote:look on the LoV website KB, not sure if the original article is still up but basically they added player ratings that were less than complementary and Vela called Manning and LoV out on Twitter.

LoV then changed the rating to player approved ratings and gave them all 9/10 and Vela 10/10

Ta.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

During Vela's Twitter rant he also said that "Big" Gary Madine was looking forward to Chris Manning turning up at the training ground so that he could "discuss" LoV's criticism with him.

Bold words.

However, there's a large part of me which firmly believes that if CM had taken Vela up on his invitation, "Big" Gary Madine would have suddenly gone down with a mystery bug, climbed into the luggage compartment of the team bus and refused to come out again until he was given assurances that Manning had gone.

Because he's a soft shite.

And a garbage footballer.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:

In fairness to all the lads there hasn’t been many instances like this over the course of the season

Yes, fair play making it to March with only one incident of drunken, aggressive, threatening behaviour.

Maybe next season they can go the full distance.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guarantee that should the threat of violence occur,Madine will be in the piano with the lid down.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Vela just comes across as a shit for brains, I think there are five year olds with a better grasp of written English, going off his Twitter page.

Maybe if Madine put as much energy into proving the haters wrong as he does bitching and making empty threats, he wouldn't be the shit loser that he is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum