Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Chesterfield

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Chesterfield Empty What Parkinson Thought - Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 19:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On his side's performance…
We had a scramble at the end which typified the afternoon. I’m disappointed we didn’t get the three points but they’ve defended well, blocked in and around the six yard box and we’ll have to take the point.

In recent weeks we’ve been very creative and looked dangerous going forward. Today we had the opportunities to put the ball in from wide positions and we just lacked the quality to get the three points.

If we got that first goal they would have had to open up and that would have made it a different game. We have to give credit to Chesterfield they made it difficult and we will take the point.

On the 23,000 bumper crowd…
It was a great turnout and that’s the real disappointment for us, that we haven’t sent them home with a resounding victory. 

It wasn’t for the lack of effort. We just lacked that moment of real quality today to open up Chesterfield.

On his side's place in the automatic promotion places…
When you come off the pitch and see we’ve gained a bit of extra breathing space then it does make the point a better result. 

Although, I’m sure tonight I’ll be sat thinking it could have been a nine point gap, but we’ll take the seven and concentrate on what we have to do game by game. 

On another clean sheet…
Defensively we’ve looked very solid today and I thought Dorian Dervite was excellent. 

I was pleased for Mark Howard to come in and keep a clean sheet and I thought Dean Moxey did well in a very demanding position. 

If you can’t win, you make sure you don’t get beat. I remember the Swindon game where we chased and ended up getting caught  so we’ve made sure that won’t happen again. 

And finally, looking ahead to Tuesday night's fixture against Southend United…
I’m really looking forward to Tuesday. We’re confident every game.

We will go down there, get the lads ready and prepared and make sure we’re ready to do battle and get the best result possible. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum