Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Arrivals

+9
Keegan
wanderlust
Sluffy
Fabians Right Peg
karlypants
boltonbonce
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1More Arrivals Empty More Arrivals Thu May 25 2017, 14:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm the signing of Andrew Taylor on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.

The defender spent the 2016/17 season on loan at Macron Stadium from Wigan Athletic, making 40 appearances in all competitions to help the Whites win automatic promotion to the Sky Bet Championship.

And following the 30-year-old’s release from the Latics, Phil Parkinson has moved quickly to bring Taylor back to BL6 on a free transfer ahead of the club’s return to the second tier.

Wanderers manager Parkinson said: “I’m really pleased that Andrew has signed a permanent deal with us.

“He had a very good year last season and has a lot of experience at Championship level. I’m looking forward to working with him over the next two seasons.”

Taylor added: “It’s fantastic to get it all tied up so early in the off season.

“As soon as last season ended I was keen to speak with the club and thankfully we’ve got everything sorted.

“Last season was fantastic and we’ll all be looking to kick on.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Thu Jun 01 2017, 15:43; edited 1 time in total

2More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu May 25 2017, 15:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy with this, we need to keep the defence together.

3More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu May 25 2017, 15:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

another one in the bag, well done Parky  Very Happy

4More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 15:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Wheater is the latest to confirm on a one year deal!

Bolton Wanderers are pleased to announce that David Wheater has agreed a new one-year deal with an option.

The defender scored nine goals during Bolton’s 2016/17 promotion-winning campaign as they secured a return to the Sky Bet Championship at the first time of asking.

The 30-year-old was also named the Club’s Player of the Season and Player’s Player of the Season at the club’s end of season awards dinner. Elsewhere, Wheater was named PFA Fans’ Sky Bet League One Player of the Season and was picked in the PFA League One Team of the Year.

Having joined the Trotters in January 2011, the former England youth international has made 167 appearances including 49 last season, during his time with the Whites.

And with his contract due to expire this summer, Wanderers have opted to extend Wheater’s stay at Macron Stadium.

He said: “I said at the end of last season that there is only one place I wanted to be and I am delighted to be back at Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

“Hopefully, we will have another season like last and I don’t see any reason why not with the quality we have in the squad.

“I’ve been here for six-and-a-half years - it’s like my hometown – and the Wanderers fans mean everything to me.”

Wanderers manager Phil Parkinson added: “I’m really pleased that we’ve agreed a deal with David. He had an excellent season last year and at the age of 30 I feel the best years are still ahead of him.

“I’m really looking forward to working with him this coming season.”

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 16:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best news yet  cheers

6More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 16:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Best news yet  cheers

The best is still to come.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 16:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop going on about him.

You don't see me droning on about the same bloke, week in,week out.

8More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 17:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Stop going on about him.

You don't see me droning on about the same bloke, week in,week out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 18:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good looking bloke KP. Friend of yours?

10More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 22:48

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is it me or does this seem very managed, announcing signings over a steady period of time, tweets about 'up-coming news' etc etc..., it all seems planned to keep the clubs profile high, We even had an update from the chairman out of season urging people to buy season tickets.

For the first time in a while it seems like we have a business plan and it fits with what the fans want to see on the pitch, we have off loaded some of the deadwood and are retaining some of the players who look like they can do a job in the championship, there is even promise of adding more quality to the squad.

I think Anderson has to take a lot of credit for what is happening at the moment.

11More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 22:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's all appears to be getting much better, just the embargo and Outstanding debts need to be sorted

12More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Thu Jun 01 2017, 22:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Is it me or does this seem very managed, announcing signings over a steady period of time, tweets about 'up-coming news' etc etc..., it all seems planned to keep the clubs profile high, We even had an update from the chairman out of season urging people to buy season tickets.

For the first time in a while it seems like we have a business plan and it fits with what the fans want to see on the pitch, we have off loaded some of the deadwood and are retaining some of the players who look like they can do a job in the championship, there is even promise of adding more quality to the squad.

I think Anderson has to take a lot of credit for what is happening at the moment.

Agreed.

We've got someone who finally knows what he is doing.

Davies might have been a fan - but he was an absent owner.

Gartside may have been a fan but he certainly wasn't a business man.

Anderson clearly is good at what he does - his son (Lee) and his daughter in law, where clearly at Monte Carlo for the grand prix (tweet video's proved this) so they clearly aren't as brassic as the ST / Holdsworth have at times made him out to be.

Anderson clearly has made his money by using his head and he sees a profit in the club for himself - which in turn means turning the club around both financially and on the pitch.

Fair play to him.

13More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Fri Jun 02 2017, 21:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In league 1 games the one asset that saw us promoted was the defence who not only kept the goals against tally down but also scored plenty at the other end to compensate for a piss poor attack. TAke beavers and Wheats goals away from the total and our goals scored column was way down the the league 1 stats and absolutely relegation form for Theo championship. Keeping the wheats/beevers partnership together was the number one priority as they were two of the few cplayers that we could confidently say would be ok at championship level. Well done for that but I have to question resigning Madine because we can only assume that the back 3 or 4 will be much busier in the championship and won't contribute so many goals and we need a far more potent attack. IMO.

14More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Fri Jun 02 2017, 21:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In league 1 games the one asset that saw us promoted was the defence who not only kept the goals against tally down but also scored plenty at the other end to compensate for a piss poor attack. TAke beavers and Wheats goals away from the total and our goals scored column was way down the the league 1 stats and absolutely relegation form for Theo championship. Keeping the wheats/beevers partnership together was the number one priority as they were two of the few cplayers that we could confidently say would be ok at championship level. Well done for that but I have to question resigning Madine because we can only assume that the back 3 or 4 will be much busier in the championship and won't contribute so many goals and we need a far more potent attack. IMO.

15More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Sat Jun 03 2017, 16:21

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I was not nearly as enthused as many seemed to have been, with the 2 year deal Madine got. I understand that his return helped us over the line for promotion, but I would hope we can do better than that for the Championship.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Sat Jun 03 2017, 16:40

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:I was not nearly as enthused as many seemed to have been, with the 2 year deal Madine got. I understand that his return helped us over the line for promotion, but I would hope we can do better than that for the Championship.

Madine is expected to play a target man role and undoubtedly last season was his best for the club, it's hard to say if that is down to the fact he was playing against lesser opposition, however I was interested in comparing him with one of the best target man we have had in recent years.

Kevin Davies was 26 when he signed for us and his Goal return was about 1 in 5.5 games.

Madine is now just 26 and his current Goal return is 1 in 4.5, so perhaps now is his time to prove he can step up.

It's definitely a make or brake season for Madine,  however I don't think it's more goals that are needed, there where signs last year of his all round play improving and if he can continue that and pick up the free kicks around the box then we all saw how dangerous Wheater and Beevers are at set pieces and that could be key to us doing well next year.

17More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Sun Jun 04 2017, 17:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I admit I saw very little of last season but the games in which ALF and Madine played together did encourage me quite a bit. For my money the priority has got to be assembling a midfield that can provide proper service especially from the wings and chip in with the odd goal or two of their own. Of course a lot will depend on finances and the embargo but I think those two could be a very effective partnership at Championship level provided they have the right support.

18More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Fri Jun 09 2017, 12:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dervite has now signed a years new contract as well. If you'd told me we would re-sign him 6 months ago i would have said we were crazy but he did well when he came in as part of a back 3.

19More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Fri Jun 09 2017, 13:28

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Dervite has now signed a years new contract as well. If you'd told me we would re-sign him 6 months ago i would have said we were crazy but he did well when he came in as part of a back 3.

Not convinced about this at all. Maybe a new found confidence under Parkinson and different system will make a difference but I think we'll see him shitting his pants again in the Championship.

20More Arrivals Empty Re: More Arrivals Fri Jun 09 2017, 14:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Norpig wrote:Dervite has now signed a years new contract as well. If you'd told me we would re-sign him 6 months ago i would have said we were crazy but he did well when he came in as part of a back 3.

Not convinced about this at all. Maybe a new found confidence under Parkinson and different system will make a difference but I think we'll see him shitting his pants again in the Championship.
We all said this about Marcos Alonso until he turned his game around, wonder what happened to him ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum