Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Camera Phones and Public Drama

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
doffcocker
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Today, I witnessed a car engulfed in flames eight feet tall on my street. Just an ordinary afternoon in the Halliwell district, I hear you say, but this isn't the point of this thread.

The sight of people lined up filming these kind of events infuriates me. What happened to people shamefully hovering no further than their front doorstep for fear of looking like a nosey bitch/bastard? We've now got people fighting for front line footage to show to their friends, family and the internet.

Is it fair enough for people to behave like this?

2Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I blame Kevin Davies.

3Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well as long as no one was in the car, or in need of rescue and the relavent authorities had been called to deal with it, i don't really see a problem with people photographing it.

4Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well as long as no one was in the car, or in need of rescue and the relavent authorities had been called to deal with it, i don't really see a problem with people photographing it.

You don't see the fucking problem? You honestly don't see the probem???

Hipster Nebula - everything that is wrong with modern society.

5Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 21:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No not really, we live in a voyeuristic society, and always have. The addition of smartphones has added another layer to it.

but watching a car fire being put out, well i don't really see a problem unless we're talking about people setting it off then filming, in which case i would.

6Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No not really, we live in a voyeuristic society, and always have. The addition of smartphones has added another layer to it.

but watching a car fire being put out, well i don't really see a problem unless we're talking about people setting it off then filming, in which case i would.

That's someones property, they might have saved years to pay for that car. They might have had their first jump on the backseat, and all you can do is get your mobile out and record it for your mates.

I'm shocked.

7Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're like a Fox News Host.

Where did i say i would film it? I said i don't really see a problem with it.

and what are you supposed to do put the fire out, personally reimburse them and take them out to dinner?

8Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well as long as no one was in the car, or in need of rescue and the relavent authorities had been called to deal with it, i don't really see a problem with people photographing it.

Here's another point...

Supposing it was an incident in which somebody was injured and needed rescuing. How many of these people would know better than to film it, given said circumstances?

There was a quite nasty car accident in front of my house about six years ago and a woman was stuck inside one car with a broken arm. She was clearly in severe distress and at least three little bastards were stood filming it.

9Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:09

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did you go out and help?

10Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Funny you should bring this up because there was a local story here the other day about a kid, who tweeted a picture of a man who he thought was drunk, but was actually mortally injured in a hit and run.

I would have a problem with what you're describing above.

but the other thing i see as akin to filming a building demolition or something.

11Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Did you go out and help?

No.

12Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

and what are you supposed to do put the fire out, personally reimburse them and take them out to dinner?

No, but you shouldn't be happy that people are filming someone elses woes.

13Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 23:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its sick, a twat had his phone taken off him by a cop as he filmed a dying man in an accident i saw last week he was repeatedly told to stop filming but wouldn't, the cop deleted all his filming and moved him on what a sick bastard.

14Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 23:14

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I blame Kevin Davies.

lol!

15Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 23:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

No, but you shouldn't be happy that people are filming someone elses woes.

well if we all thought like that there'd be no photojournalists.

16Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Thu Aug 02 2012, 23:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I fell off my dinosaur the last time I laughed at "I blame Kevin Davies."

It originates from BA - invented by Big_Sharps (lovely lad) back when jayjay23 and Howfen White were chief Kevin Davies bashers.

17Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Fri Aug 03 2012, 08:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Great comeback. You're right, all these little twats with mobiles are Guardian journalists.

18Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Fri Aug 03 2012, 11:03

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Someone I know was walking along a street when dozens of police turned up and raided one of the houses. They started carrying loads of cannabis plants out and lining them up on the pavement and road outside.

He took a photo on his mobile and sent it to the MEN who published it on the front page and paid him about 300 quid for it.

19Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Fri Aug 03 2012, 11:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:

He took a photo on his mobile and sent it to the MEN who published it on the front page and paid him about 300 quid for it.

You're not helping matters, that will only encourage people.

20Camera Phones and Public Drama Empty Re: Camera Phones and Public Drama Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Great comeback. You're right, all these little twats with mobiles are Guardian journalists.

Didn't say that did i

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum