Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jobsworth

+6
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Jobsworth - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobsworth Sun Jul 23 2017, 13:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The child's father, Andre Spicer, is a business school professor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40697243

He probably was just trying to teacher her something - I don't think they needed the money or that they were going to earn a fortune or anything like that.

The council employees (four of them!) probably said that it might not be such a good idea for such a young girl to be stood on the public highway with a crowd of festival people walking past and that anyway she should have a permit to trade.

I'm guessing the father then kicked off a bit and the council employees could then not back down and said look if you don't move on then we will have no option but to issue you (the father remember NOT the little girl) with a fixed penalty notice.

The bloke then took to social media to make out the council were a set up numpties picking on a child.

The Council then had no option then to grovel and say that their employees had not used their brains - which they probably hadn't.

If I was one of the four I wouldn't have issued a ticket but I would have tried to get a police officer to get the father to see reason and move them along and thus avoid any confrontation and tickets being issued, or maybe even found them an off road 'pitch' to sell from a turn a bit of a blind eye to them as they clearly were not their to make a killing whilst at the same time the child was safe from anyone accidently knocking her over from the crowd going to the festival.

At the end of the day a little child was on a public high street, with a crowd going past, and really shouldn't have been there.

There's two sides to every story.

It could though have been handled better, especially with four of the council officials on hand.

22Jobsworth - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobsworth Sun Jul 23 2017, 23:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Apparently the little girl has been offered a place at a few upcoming fetes.

23Jobsworth - Page 2 Empty Re: Jobsworth Mon Jul 24 2017, 12:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree that there may be two sides to this but issuing a fine was always going to end badly. The father says "I thought that they would just tell us to pack up and go home" which certainly implies that he would have moved without kicking off and I haven't seen any suggestions that he kicked off apart from on this site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2