Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers reject Millwall approach for defender Mark Beevers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS have brushed off an attempt by Millwall to re-sign defender Mark Beevers.
An enquiry was fielded at the end of last week for the big centre-half, who was one of Phil Parkinson’s promotion heroes last season.
But the Lions’ offer has been quickly rebuffed – with Wanderers in no mood to let one of their defensive lynchpins leave on the eve of the Championship campaign.
Beevers played 51 times for the Whites as they gained promotion from League One at the first attempt and scored seven goals.

He had previously played for Millwall for four years, making 150 appearances at The Den.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15442788.Wanderers_knock_back_Beevers_enquiry/

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He left Millwall because he wanted to move back up north, why (even if the bid was accepted) would he go back a year later?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You're right Dean -

Millwall boss responds to transfer link to Bolton Wanderers defender

Millwall manager Neil Harris has said there is “no truth” in reports linking him with a move for Bolton defender Mark Beevers.
The former Lions centre-back opted for a move back north last summer and helped Wanderers win automatic promotion to the Championship.
Harris completed the signing of Jake Cooper from Reading on Friday.
He said: “It makes you laugh when you see people speculate and link you with players.
“Of course I mentioned in three or four different interviews that I was looking for a centre-half – Jakes was always the number one. I chased him all summer.
“It’s only natural you get linked with players who have done well for the club or a manager maybe knows them personally. It’s no surprise, but also no truth in that rumour.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27826/millwall-boss-responds-transfer-link-bolton-wanderers-defender/

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Probably his agent at work. Player has a year left in his deal and we can't offer any more than 4.5k a week so he's obviously trying to get him out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum